66TAR [Race 4 Virginia Qualifying Results]

All aluminum 5L V6… That’s a lot of vibrations. Can ask what your reliability is? That seems like the main drawback there.
Also Trans Am really was about showing the capabilities of your brand on the road, so as long as you can make it road relevant to your production cars lore speaking, I’d think you’re fine.

47.5, so not horrendous.

While I think I’d need to be deeply drunk to make a 5L V6 road car, I feel Porsche is the kind of company that would make the car with no intention to sell to get a win lol

If your road going version had say a 7 litre v12 it would give you a reason to run a different engine to meet requirements

If you wanted to be lore friendly, see if you can debore and destroke it to something like a 3.5 or 4.0 V6 and build a more manageable road version.

Also 47 is pretty reliable for carburetors, and most likely will be on the high end for this contest.

Conceptually could be lore friendly if your road car had a 10L v12… :stuck_out_tongue:

@findRED19 I’m wanting to do this… Question on the PU an ET terms since I’ve never heard of them before.

PU stands for Production unit, and ET Stands for Engineering Time.

PU - Production units.
ET - Engineering time.

These two metrics are found at the bottom of each list of stats when you’re tweaking your car or engine. There is a separate pool for each.

Production units are based on the amount of material that will be used to make the item, as well as the processes the items will have to go through, like handcrafted exhaust systems will take more production units than stamped iron logs.

Engineering time is how long it will take before the part even has a blueprint to be designed, measured in months IIRC. More complex stuff will take longer to come up with a blueprint for.

1 Like

With the wild success of auto racing in America in the sixties, Armor Motors felt they needed to join the game in order to remain relevant in the market. The only problems were that Armor’s cars were smaller than anything running the NASCAR circuit, and their new family of V8s were of a SOHC design that disqualified them from racing.

Denny Hill decided to take matters into his own hands. He was a farmer by trade, but also a legendary moonshine runner and inventor (who happened to be very loyal to Armor cars). When he contacted Armor Motors with his plan to go racing they immediately accepted, supplying him with a brand-new Armor Valencia to use as a race car in the Trans-Automation Series.

Denny swapped the SOHC heads out for pushrod heads of his own design, fabricated in Armor’s machine shop. The rest of the engine was built to race, and the resulting car was more than Armor Motors had hoped for. Denny and his pit crew would have to wait anxiously to see how they would fare in the 1966 Trans-Automation Racing season.

7 Likes

“Never trust the track people, they work for the track and not for you. Keep your own people in the booth running test lap timings and finish line light printouts, because value can be found in any data.”

Ok, so it looks like a practice period is needed, as some of the submissions need a little extra info to build the best car they can.

Practice will be on Friday, Dec. 6th at Sebring

(the general trends for raw lap times there echo to all the other tracks).

I will give a brief pointer as to the biggest flaw I find in each car, with a vague “needs more tuning” for the few that don’t have a single glaring flaw or are already very fast. (and give lap times of course)

After that post goes live you have until Friday, Dec. 13th to tune up your entries. If you do not submit a tuned up entry by that time, I will run the original passing entry you sent me.

5 Likes

After an initial test run with Armor’s new Valencia Stock Car, driver Denny Hill parked it in the garage and went to lunch. The car subsequently caught on fire (file corruption), so Denny, along with Armor Motors, worked feverishly to build another car. Thankfully, the original car’s drivetrain survived the fire.

8 Likes

Kampfer S20 V8

The Rennsport division of East Germany’s Kampfer had to show that they could compete on a world level. In charge with making some of the more luxurious offerings of the Soviet Union, there were few better candidates for designing a road racer. Taking their S20 coupé as a base, they set out on their task.

The 3.0 liter V8 might not have the most raw grunt, but it brings acceptable mileage to the table. All while the car sits at an incredibly light 850 kilograms, give or take. Helping it to manage 0-100 km/h in 7 seconds flat, and reach a top speed of 190 km/h, but in the corners is where it will really make a difference.

If not the clear winner, it may just be the best-sounding car on the track with its flat plane crankshaft.

6 Likes

Calradia motors decided to promote their brand new Veluca Superleggera in US by participating in motorsport events. As should be expected, small, well balanced sport car was terrible in the tests. Despite conquering main Automation circuit under 2:16:00, 4.0 litre boxer engine suffered from lack of reliability after replacing its original overhead camshaft with pushrods and reaming its combustion volume up to 5.0l while replacing advanced rear suspension with solid axle unit from luxury saloon model - Reyvadin, made the car unpredictible. Veluca racecar project was abandoned. Desperate to compete in TAR engineers from Calradia motors US Division joined forces with Team Falcon - local motorsport veterans backed by well-known tyre producer. Joined efforts gave birth to Calradia Rocket V8 racecar and road legal homologation special, often described as “poor man’s Veluca”. Despite rushed development process and obvious budget cuts, everyone involved in project are excited to see outcome of their hard work in real action.

7 Likes

2:16. hah well im doomed. i need a lot more power but not as much extra weight

I’m at a point where I can do 0-60mph in 5.81 seconds with 147 horsepower. If anything this is a very educational, if not absolutely maddening exercise in min-maxing.

Shunga Nautilus

This 66 Nautilus has been extensively modified by the racing team E-Sport specifically for the TAR with promising female formula 3 driver Lella Lombardi behind the wheel.

A racebred 305ci V8 fitted to a 5 speed manual was shoehorned into the 2.7m wheelbase of the nautilus, anything not necessary to compete was removed in order to make the car as light as possible.

2 Likes

WIth only an east-german 3L, you’re going to struggle getting much more power. That being said, your weight advantage should help a lot.

I have another version in the works with lower, but still 10+ mpg, and 197 horsepower.

okay where do you get the track packs again? i can’t seem to find the thread

or do you guys download em one by one?

1 Like