1973 Rally di Fruinia [FINISHED]

Yeah, it worked to lessen the wheelspin but it wasn’t a plan I’d use for anything other than desperation, and boy oh boy, I was really desperate to make my C5 and C6 cars driveable!

My biggest issue is that, for Beam testing, I only have keyboard and mouse controls so power cars are really hard to tune well. It’s no coincidence that 3 of the 4 cars of mine that made the cut were small and slow! :grin:

The grand majority of cars that qualified have short gear ratios, with good reason. For challenges like these, ignore the Automation wheel spin prompt.

1 Like

wouldn’t those be models from the “special” section, selling 500.000$ each?

1 Like

Good old rules of GT2:
Racing modification = stock turning into [R] model for 85k Cr
Limited Edition = Special category cars with often LM in name

I made base from home garage screen for simplicity and less editing, well, i’m lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fruinia Rally-Press Release

Team Ali-Size C1: Offers a 25% discount for the “Fruinia” pizza for the entire duration of the rally to celebrate the qualification. Forza Ali Egonu (ITA) Francesco Guccini (ITA)

FEAB C3 is happy to have achieved the qualification in the C3 Classes, and wishing Good Fortune To the drivers C3: Tamara Nardone (ARG), Don Gallo (ITA), announces that soon will present the 1973 cars present and not at the Rally.

Arpos C5: Thanks to the qualification can continue the development work on the Corvina, to be able to present it once the race is over and have obtained further data. Good luck to our colors Axl Gomes (COL) and Morticia Pansera (ARG)

Star and Stripes C6: whsssss for a hair we can continue !! We knew it would be tough, but that old mule of the KOPO did not betray us !! we are proud that our cowboys Joe Falchetto (USA) Ray Barrett (USA) export the American V8 culture!

(I am happy that my 4 cars have gone to the next stage, I was afraid in qualifying because I saw beautiful cars (congratulations to all for this!) And I saw creators of beautiful cars made available here in free download.Initially my intention was to do C4. The C3 is a daughter of C4, and roughly equivalent. Just like The C1 are fruits of new projects and this is already perhaps a small advantage, and then derive the commercial car and to be presented on the forum.Corvina is an Agata with a more modest engine and a greater aerodynamic load, but this car has taken a piece of my heart.The C6 is a modified Kopo race and I knew it would be tough, but I was confiding in its total balance.
Aesthetically in the versions presented here I have removed perhaps too many chrome, but I pretend to paint them … the C1 cars are inspired a bit by the MIni, Fiat 126, Abarth 112, car C3 is inspired by the Fiat 131.)
Thanks!

3 Likes

Some stats on the qualified cars:

• Average engine reliability: 41.7
  • Average car reliability: 60.6

Both will be important in the actual rally.

• Average qualification time: 2:04,740
  • Slowest: 02:23,401
  • Fastest: 01:50,559
6 Likes

Meijer RDF Report #21

The qualifying results have been send back to the factory with disappointment from the whole team. All of the cars, including the cars set up by Lancia have failed to qualify.

C0 was massively underpowered compared to the competition and thus it was scrapped from the Meijer rally program from now on.

C1 wasn’t that far behind the pack, so it will be going through an upgrade soon in order that get it back in front. The same goes for the C2 car.

C3, the homage to the 1952 Corsa di Fruinia car, hasn’t qualified due to it being too experimental and too far behind the top times. The Azure 1399cc program has been discontinued and will not drive in a rally again.

C4 was too slow as well and it will be send back to the factory for an upgrade before it will drive in any further rallies, not only for some more horsepower but also for a re-tune for the suspension and a bit of weight saving.

The C5 car has also been scrapped from the program after a horrible qualifying session.

Modifications will start in a week in order to get back in the rally world as soon as possible.

Report closed,
Juho Mäkinen, Head of the Meijer Rally Department.

2 Likes

SW Report

3 of total 5 cars qualified into main event which is decent result. SW race team director was quite happy. Cars that passed qualifying are:

C0: In the lowest category with a number #529 car Nugget. All British crew.
Driver: rokkie Adam Gates
Co-driver: Tyler Powell

C2:: The Azur will have number #528 and it will be driven by:
Driver: Yasuda Sotaro (Japan)
Co-driver: Ralf Viitala (Finnland)

C3: And the last car Okta. Number #530
Driver: James Mitchell (UK)
Codriver: Philip Woods (US)

1 Like

I’m curious as to why I didn’t qualify in any of the 3 categories I entered. I had some of the faster times and yet I didn’t make it in… why’s that?

Because others scored better and were faster. In particular technical and budget scores were low for you. In terms of times, you were pretty average, not among the faster, with the exception of C0, but there you did end up the closest to a qualification spot.

Alright then. I guess rally cars aren’t really my strong suit. Cheers!

What was wrong with Eagle 802? Was it worse than in '52?

I guess I cannot really complain - all of my cars with less than 2.0L qualified, so it fits into the lore. 2.5+ is not for me.

Isn’t that a self-answering question? :stuck_out_tongue:

It did well considering its age, and the fact that it had competition that wasn’t from 1952.

1 Like

Bramble Motors Press Release, Day After Qualification Results

Bramble Motors is happy with the result of our Project 10, but are disappointed the Procida could not qualify to carry its engine’s legacy. Sadly, Valtter Palo and Jori Mattila have injured themselves in a local rally, and Bramble wishes them a speedy recovery. As a result, it gives us great pleasure to give Robert Chamberlain and William Moore the task of testing the concept in the wilds of Frunia.
The helmet design both driver and navigator will be using - the racing colours of Bramble, with a Yorkshire blue stripe of homeland pride!

Bramble wishes all competitors the best of luck in the coming event, and may the best driver win!

1 Like

Team: Uzina “Apulum” Alba-Iulia

C0 crew: Eugen Ionescu Cristea + Werner Hirschvogel

C3 crew: Two WW2 Romanian Air-Force aces: Constantin “Bâzu” Cantacuzino + Alexandru “Alecu” Șerbănescu (co-driver, injured august 1944)

220px-Al_Serbanescu_1943

Background story:

Apulum Alba-Iulia

And that’s the only power range that I’m near the top of.

Miraculously, my Gatz barely squeaked into the finals, despite being (from my view) nigh uncontrollable. It’s probably not going to do well, but at least it’ll be getting points.

One of only 4 cars in the class to score full points on drivability.

Z112 (C2) Driver: Ettore Furlan (♂ITA) Codriver: Roberto Tomasetig (♂ITA)

Z216 (C3) Driver: Sara Bevilacqua (♀ITA) Codriver: Francesco Bressan (♂ITA)

Z320 (C4) Driver: Armo Laitinen (♂FIN) Codriver: Giorgio Franzot (♂ITA)

KMS Z327 (C5) Driver: Riccardo Carrara (♂ITA) Codriver: Fabio Cresseri (♂ITA)

14 Likes

Psst, nationalities.

1 Like

So, I guess it was just my keyboard that was the real problem.

Glad that my Gatz was so drivable for you; guess I’m a better tuner of big cars than I thought I was.