1973 Rally di Fruinia [FINISHED]

Alright, thank you for letting me know.

Would you permit realistic engines into this challenge?

:thinking:

8 Likes

Katana Racing Team is going to participate in the 1973 Rally di Fruinia

And they are going to use the 1972 Benson Bayside 1.6 LD (thank you @Crash77 for letting me use and modify your car). But not just any Bayside, a modified one. They are going to be participating in the C4 Category.

Their number 002 Benson Bayside 1.6 LD for the C4 Category

10 Likes

If 96 hasn’t been claimed, can that be reserved for my entry? Working on it right now. If 96 isn’t available, then 78 will do.

Mmhh… I want to spice up the challenge.
If someone want to use a client Znopresk (Z100, Z200 and Z300) you can contact me via PM, and I’ll provide the base lore car and lore engine (sport trim).
The biggest Z100 engine is a 1250cc boxer 4 (FF layout)
The biggest Z200 engine is an almost 1700cc boxer 4 (FF layout)
The biggest Z300 engine is a 2700cc boxer 6 (RR layout)

Of course, if @Private_Miros is not against this.

10 Likes

remember me Lamborghini Lm002 in front :slight_smile:

Ok, now, as you can see, the Bayside LD has been sold, but the Special is still up!

1 Like

Contendiente Competición joins the Rally di Fruinia.

Their car of choice is a modified Contendiente C100, sporting #84; it’ll be running in class C1 (up to 1150 cm3). Behind the wheel, first time race driver Alejandro Flores.

Good luck and good racing to all racers!

17 Likes

Introducing: Besffusci Kresta 1.6

(This one is just the street legal version)

it’s Rally Version will be present at the 1972 Rally di Fruinia.

10 Likes

It’s finally time!

Hugi-Anhultz Rally Enterprise by Goof

C1: #75 Hugi Aurea TS

Meet the Aurea, Hugi’s earliest attempt at a city car. With the American fuel crisis in full swing, Hugi attempted to recoup their losses, by designing a smaller car to cater to the safer European market. However, as the brand spent most of its career designing medium and full-size cars, it lacked experience and technical know-how to build such a vehicle.
But a new face rose from the European automotive scene to provide a surprising helping hand to Hugi. Through an European salesman, Hugi met Dutch company Anhultz, who accepted the former’s offer to lend engines and suspension work to a Hugi-designed body. Thanks to Anhultz’s Modularity Program, the Aurea could be equipped with various tunes of the company’s inline-3 engine.

While it was introduced in 1971, the Aurea lacked a sports version which was worthy of the term. In 1973, Hugi and Anhultz finally agreed on producing a sportier variation of the inline-3 engine, resulting in the car you see above; the TS (Turismo Stradale). Now using a 1145cc engine based on Anhultz 1.4-litre block, this zippy Aurea was capable of running 77 horses to its front axle, truly proving its twin exhaust pipes’ worth.

Seeing as Hugi already had intentions to enter a car in the 1973 Rally di Fruinia, the two companies felt the TS could too benefit from the mediatic exposure only a racing event can provide. Bearing the number 75 and the colors of Hugi’s official rally team, could the sporty Aurea make its mark amongst strong competition from the likes of Contendiente?

C3: #76 Hugi Rioter Mk.3 Lion Trainer

The Rioter was Hugi’s answer to the dramatic fuel crisis of the early '70s. While it was named after a lineage of muscle cars, the new Rioter couldn’t be more detracted from that glorious(ly loud) past. Still, its change in size helped the name survive the chaotic times which followed, as the European market was taken by its sharpness and elegant design cues.

However, problems began to arise when Hugi started to develop the Lion Trainer. Based on the fast Lion model, this car was supposed to serve as a learning platform for young, privateer rally drivers in the sub-1600cc class (aka C3). But when Hugi began testing a detuned version of the Lion’s 1.7-litre block, results were deemed more than lackluster…

And then, something else arose to help the Lion Trainer avoid complete disaster. Anhultz. When the Rioter’s issues were brought during a meeting between both companies, Anhultz stepped forward, offering their I4-15QRE1-NA-R engine to power the Lion Trainer’s rally version. The 101-horsepower, inline-4 engine was more efficient and produced more power than Hugi’s own block, which eventually sealed the deal for the American company.

In return, Anhultz was made to be a main sponsor of Hugi’s team by Hugi thanks to their efforts, which didn’t sit well with British global oil company Goof, who was already credited as the team’s main sponsor.
Eventually a deal was made where both parties would be credited in the team name, and Goof would also provide their products as an official partner of Anhultz. BS-Ostrich, who supplied the tires for both cars, was also one of the main sponsors in the Rioter.

Hugi’s two-stage assault was hardly as encompassing as other companies’ multi-class entries. However, these cars were made with zest through heavy testing on rough surfaces. Could Hugi and Anuhultz make up for their lack of entries with the quality of their existing ones? Only Fruinia’s rough roads could tell…

And here they are, Hugi’s double-decker entry. Major thanks to @Elizipeazie for assisting with the technical difficulties both of my cars suffered from, and for help with styling the Aurea. @Mr.Computah deserves a slice of this cake as well, since he ended up providing extra design decisions when I shared a teaser of the car with him. Talking about feeding the car that (might) beat you… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, you might be asking “Well, now you have to get that quality pro terrible meme entry for #765 done, right Nick?” Well…

It’s not that unfinished. :wink:

DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNNN!

15 Likes

Team Runaway

Backstory

2 Years Later

The Original Car If Anyone Wants to Take A Look (Also it’s meant to be 1500)
GMI 1600 - Mk1 Base.car (27.9 KB)

7 Likes

FEAB 1.1 C1 Class Team Ali-Taglia ( private Team) preview…

When i finished my cars i present with storyline…

8 Likes

I’ve finally finished making my 1st entry for this competition!

1972 Besffusci Kresta Rally (Number #997)

(@Private_Miros i’ll probably pass you the car files tomorrow, Because i have to nap right now.)

And also, For my 2nd entry!

1972 Besffusci Gallo 1.7S

Remember, Light is right!

13 Likes

i reserve number 5-6-17-74-90 :slight_smile:

I’d like to reserve numbers 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 and 606 :slight_smile:

C0 class Teuvo Halo #50

_600 kilos of performance

18 Likes

KMC will be competing with 3 cars for this rally

For the C0 class we will be entering the KMC Risparmio C0

For the C5 class we will be entering the KMC Citazione C5

And for the C6 class we will be entering the KMC GTP4.4

Also I would like to remove my reservation for number 60, so that number is now open.

6 Likes

C2 class Teuvo Javelin #51

_

16 Likes

The long awaited 1973 Benson Bayside Rally di Fruinia C4 Rally Car is here!

When we thought of entering it, our first impression was that it wouldn’t be fair to the other teams. But we did it anyways.

• It has an upgraded version of our magnificent 1.6 B-Series engine.
  • It gets more ground clearance with our upgraded suspension.
  • It has the classic British Racing colors, green and brown.
  • It also has a devoted team behind it.

Jean Leone:
32 years of age, one of the sharpest drivers I’ve ever seen. Looks good on posters, too.

Fred Pointire:
A definite score, a great co-driver.

Jeremy Amberton:
Good, a real mechanic, not just some guy-down-the-street who knows how to change his own oil.

Jeffery Maxwell, Peter Samone, Carlos Powenzo, and Maria LeAnna:
All top-notch mechanics.

In 1973, 2 years after the successful Benson Bayside came out, BR (Benson and Yard) wanted to really show the world what it could do. So they entered it in the '73 Rally di Fruinia. They also put up 2 Baysides for sale, for the Rally, just to spice things up. As the qualifications were to begin shortly, the CEO, Jeremy Wellsworth, waited with bated breath to see if the final car produced by the famous Alfred Yard would make it past qualifications.

10 Likes