1973 Rally di Fruinia [FINISHED]

#reserve numbers

Salut,

I’d like to reserve numbers 971, 972, 974, 975

Thanks

1 Like

Bramble will enter the rally with 3 Cars, representing the past, present and future of the marque.

The Past is Represented by the Bramble Flint, in Class 3. In production for 9 years now, this fibreglass sports car has rally pedigree to spare – one driven fairly competitively in the 1966 Great Archanean Trek. Will a tamer version survive the roads of Frunia? Only time will tell. What will survive is the reliable duo of Robert Chamberlain and William Moore – The now 51-Year-old Co-Founder driving, with the navigation on the 29-year olds shoulders.

To the Present, and Bramble’s ‘2 birds, one stone’ attempt at the family and coupe markets– The Procida. Using a shortened Bramble 6 – Now rechristened the 5 – the Procida has almost the same ‘heart’ as the Envoy of the original Corso di Frunia, 21 years ago! As a result, the same number, paint scheme, and even drivers are used for this entry – the Greenwood Brothers, slightly more mellow, but no slower, are up for the challenge in class 4. We have just been told #96 is reserved, and the Procida will therefore be running #196 instead.

The future is represented by the Project 10, a concept car filled with new and innovative features. Fuel Injection, Disc Brakes, Gas Dampers, and more, make this an exciting test for Bramble. Driven by Valtter Palo and his long suffering co-driver Jori Mattila, this C0 pocket rocket might prove a big surprise to the larger cars in the Rally.

We here at Bramble wish all our competitors good luck, and may the best car win!

9 Likes

I’d like to reserve number 982, thanks

Retro Age Motors enters the Rally with Marova X (#121) Class: C5
The Chief Driver is: Imee Hallee with co-driver/navigator Ursula Crosse
Alternate Team: Jackson Finch and Andrew Winslow

3 Likes

I´d like to reserve numbers 28, 37 and 38.

Can I reserve numbers 818 and 919?

Hey lookie what they’re keeping in the workshop of the newly founded FAAL Motorsports Sélestat.

A Mk2 Mesaia 164S, running in C3 class for the 1973 Rallye Di Fruinia.

this is a 1972 model year, since the 164S was discontinued afterwards (press F). Work has been done to the engine and suspension, the interior has been stripped down to the bare minimum and it’s basically as good as a Mk2 can be.
Now to see if it’s enough :thinking:

Driver: Roland Weiss, 28
Co Driver: Marie-Reine Weiss, 27, his wife.

11 Likes

As I’m currently finalizing my cars, I think I’ll show off my track demons (which’ll totally not get slaughtered in styling; no way /s).

Mouton - French experts in building purple RR boxer-powered deathtraps

C0 - Cherie 750 R

C1 - Premier 1100 R

Aviator - Building practical, economical American cars and trucks since 1946

C2 - Ronolit E RXI

C3 - Primavera RXI (uses Mouton’s V16/4R 1.6-liter boxer-six, an extremely-common factory option for the RXI)

Fauxhill - British pioneers in front-wheel-drive, five-cylinder pink panthers for the upper-middle-class

C4 - Mockingjay 2.0/5 (#353)

KZNG - Building Russian luxobarges and luxury sports cars that actually don’t suck since 1940

C5 - Comrade 6-3/2 SC

Gatz - Famed coachbuilders of overpowered V12 monsters that killed their drivers, now building re-badged overpowered V12 monster Aviators that still kill their drivers

**C6 - Verno 650-12 (really a re-styled Aviator Radicus with a 400-horsepower ZC-65-2/3 “Little Nuke” V12 under the hood **

4 Likes

Here’s a few for you…

Albatross RS200 (C4)

Albatross RS115 (C1)

Albatross RS75 (C0)

6 Likes

Reserving 203, 304, 614 and 802.

C4 class Teuvo PKM #52

_

12 Likes

Miranda FTV-90 (entrant for c3)

2 Likes

This is the 1973 Retro Age Motors Sidewinder 440 Rally (#122), entering as Class: C6
There are actually several of these type cars roaming North America. Some like this example are based on the 1973 Sidewinder GS 440. Others are based on the Sidewinder GS and still more are based on the Sidewinder 440 R …confused yet?

So was the factory. When production started in October of 1972, a miscommunication between corporate and the factory resulted in 600 cars being produced using the 440 R engine instead of the 440 3C Dragon. The 440 R was only to be used in government and law enforcement vehicles. When the error was detected a re-call was issued but only 6 cars were returned. Those cars had their engine swiped out for the correct engine at Retro Age Motors expense. Word on the street traveled like wild fire through North America and the remaining 594 cars never answered the re-call notice. The reason was simple. The 440 R is a powerhouse compared to the Dragon. The Dragon has a pretty name but the inside joke in Retro Age Motors was something like …he worked slower then a Dragon 440 climbing a speed bump!

Retro Age Motors
Parking Memories in the Driveway
and jokes in the lock room

6 Likes

That picture of the Sidewinder makes it look like aircraft should be taking off from it… LOOONG deck.

2 Likes

That picture of the Sidewinder makes it look like aircraft should be taking off from it… LOOONG deck.

In real life of the early to mid seventies, those hoods were looong! My favorite hoods (bonnets) from those days belong to (in no particular order), Thunderbird, Continental Mark IV, Eldorado, Tornado, Camaro, Trans Am and Belvedere …seems I am missing a few.

3 Likes

Due to the complexities of Fruinian-Chinese translation, there was a mix up back at RAI head office. Confusion about the limits of C1 and C2, or something. So, what ended up happening was 2 cars were prepared, the #321 from earlier, and this, #4. #4 has a very similar engine, but with a slightly shorter stroke, giving it an 1149cc capacity. A different intake arrangement, and the bit I couldn’t figure out, a higher compression, means this has more power than the car in C2… but not by much.

1973%20Rdf%20C1

5 Likes

1973 Corso de Fruinia, Bogliq Terra Rally Team!

Most of the Bogliq subsidiaries chose to showcase new models and advance the image of Bogliq as the reliable choice in the 1973 Corso de Fruinia. Since there were delegations from around the world present, the team was named after the planet, rather than just one dominant region.

Seven cars were fielded in total and each car was race prepared and tuned by Leeroy Custom Solutions to ensure each car were homologation compliant as well as having a shot at outright victory. Also, since Bogliq were fielding seven cars, it was estimated that Bogliq would place well in the constructors championships, even if it was through sheer force in numbers!

C0: Bogliq Fanatic 75AE

75AE
The first Bogliq of Japan entrant; uses its US nameplate to aid sales and visibility in the USA

All female team picked by Bogliq of Japan in a Nation-wide TV game-show grand prize!

Car No. 83
Driver: Reida Oda
Navigator: Uki Nakajima

C1: Bogliq Fanatic 115AE

115AE
The larger engined version of the Fanatic was also raced in the RdF!!!

The all male team were the winners of a Dealership level lucky dip (Only race licensed drivers could apply).

Car No. 85
Driver: Shozo Fujino
Navigator: Kan Tatsuda

C2: Bogliq Kitten 130AE

130AE
Car No. 86 sported a rare DOHC 2v Leeroy Motorsports alloy head for extra power at high RPM’s

English pair of aspiring rally drivers selected because they were cheap and plausibly deniable in Bogliq of Europe’s boardroom!

Car No. 86
Driver: Lewis Barnes
Navigator: John Cooke

C3: Bogliq Zealot 160AE

No. 97 also had a Leeroy Motorsports alloy DOHC 2v head. But this car was RWD… Yeehaw!

Bogliq USA wanted to promote women in motorsport so gave the C3 entrant to an all female crew.

Car No. 97
Driver: Jessica Rose
Navigator: Alisha James

C4: Bogliq Mackaw 200AE

This car hails from Bogliq SA, made in Brazil and has the same engine as the 1952 Corso de Fruinia Bogliq Mutineer

More Lore Here

Bogliq SA’s contribution has one of the managing director’s sons as the driver and his girlfriend as navigator. They’re both heavily into the Brazilian grass-roots motorsports scene and are well versed at the art of road racing!

Car No. 98
Driver: Roberto Furtado Rios
Navigator: Eliana Morais Lemos

C5: Bogliq Mutineer 460AE

Bogliq USA’s pumped up ponycar hobbled by the need for narrow tyres and loose surfaces!

The Mutineer had to return in a (doomed) attempt to have lightning strike twice; the crew are a pair of durability engineers who won the opportunity to race for Bogliq USA.

Car No. 99
Driver: Luke Hill
Navigator: Scott Woods

C6: Bogliq Maverick 700AE

Not the best choice for tight, poorly paved roads, but here’s hoping 777 finishes in one piece!

Gotta sell muscle-cars somehow… Right? The crew of this beast are the top two Leeroy Racing salespeople in all the USA!

Car No. 777
Driver: Brent Bryan
Navigator: Jack Carr

Each car is tuned for 91RON unleaded since Bogliq Terra is dedicated to building cars that are kind to their customers and the planet.

All the parts on the rally cars, with the exception of the Leeroy Motorsport parts, are available at your friendly local Bogliq dealership. Just ask at the Spare Parts counter for the latest copy of Action Express, the bible of tuning parts available for your Bogliq product…

Bogliq Terra would like to extend a warm handshake of welcome to our fellow competitors and we wish you the best of luck going forwards.

Buy better, buy Bogliq

16 Likes

C1 class Teuvo Halo IS #53

_Something different.

22 Likes

(insert Cigarette company sponsorship here)

8 Likes

Merpleboro

8 Likes