2015 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8TBI QV (and other vehicles)

Hey Guys

I’m Roland from Germany, located in Ludwigshafen, the neighbour town of Mannheim (the town where Carl Benz built his cool 3 wheeler and founded Benz&Cie)

This is my “old” car, the Alfa 159 1.9JTS. A cool machine, sadly sold, but it had the issue riddled JTS Engine, the pinnacle of GM and Alfa Co-Engineering.

Almost every accesoire available, comfortable and… in Alfa Rosso!

Here some from my Alfa 147, my first car - its sold, but still…

And my sommer mobile, as known as Simson S51

50ccm , 3,6hp and a Vmax from 60kph :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Humm nice place your dad is living! So much green, not often you see that in ze Germany.
Cute little Alfa too :wink: but not as cool as that third car on the lawn xD
Cheers!

Grandpa is living in poland, its his small Fiat Bambino (Polski Fiat 126p)
These “Race Stripes” is tape with the printing “Fragile - Zerbrechlich - Do not throw - Nicht werfen” :smiley:
Polska offers a lot of greens, we should mow it and make some Golfcourse there, my grandpa would get rich :laughing:

Kubby! We got Polski Fiat on the forums!

How long does your grandpa have this Fiat? More than 12 years for sure.

He got it since 1982, still on the old black plates and still runs like a charm.
Back then black plate OES - now it could get a white one with OOL but my grandpa likes the black one more. Once he got photographed in Germany, he got no mail or what so ever

Hi from stuttgart

yes ludwugshafen is a famous places here :slight_smile: home of tuningworld. home of daniela katzenberger ^^

Welcome here :slight_smile:

Hello and…

…OMG. MALUCH. It’s nice to see it.

abload.de/img/img_553679u12.jpg
abload.de/img/img_5537-bearbeitetw1k3m.jpg

Nuevo Alfa 159 (1.9JTS with remap 180hp)

1 Like

Soooooo beautiful! Nice to see you got what you like and nice to see the photos. Enjoy the adventures I suppose you will have with it!

1 Like

Nice to see some other alfisti hanging around here. Greetings from Dresden!

Huge Update incoming - overdue since forever. Some pictures might not be safe for your pleasure (they might seem amateur, but trust me, i am an expert)

My 159 got a couple of changes to it - most of them are on the inside, most of them are invisible.

~October 2015
Last year around this time i wanted to change the lightning in my car. The H7 Halogens felt pretty dim, even with some Philips H7 Xtremevision +130%, which seem like serious things. I did some research and noticed that the 159 has a “Super-DE” projector lens system - which is has very high similarity to Xenon-Systems. It just lack the High-Beam shutter and the automatic height regulation.
I instantly imported the “Morimoto Elite H7”-Kit from Theretrofitsource.com (they have a perfect support and a lot of retrofit kits, even with full projector swaps) and installed them when i got them.The wiring was a bitch and i noticed that the CAN-Bus ballasts are worthless - the Alfa 159 has no “Dead-Bulb” Detection for your Low-Beams. I suspect they went for “People see bulb is kaputt, they dont need warning”. Installation was fairly easy, old H7 bulb out, H7 HID bulb in. Install the ballast somewhere intelligent, wire it up and fire it up.

I went for “stealhtier” 4500k Bulbs instead of superwhite 6500K ones that cause an instant pull-over. The pictures may not really show the “won” brightness of the swap, but its very visible on the street. The swap was totally worth it - its a whole different car at night.

~May 2016
The stock radio was shit. Satnav felt like it came from the 90s, the Audio-Quality was below my standards, it had no Bluetooth/USB/MP3 Support, the “HandsFree” was a SIM-Slot.

Goodbye old Magneti-Marelli radio block.

I decided to buy a Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB, a CAN-BUS Adapter and a Rear-View-Camera that replaces a Numberplate lamp (no photo of that one). Then i thought “When i change that radio i can add a rear-view camera too! But i dont want to run wires… lets take a Wireless-Adapter” - and bought one of these aswell.

The cable are a mess - but i am an electrician, trust me, its safe. And next to untameable.

Install done - its a really nice Head-Unit. Has a full “Android-Auto” Integration, so you just plugin your Android-Phone via USB and boom - it opens Spotify/Google Maps/Play Music. You can also use the normal SatNav, but the german voice has a swiss-accent. Its weird.

4 Weeks later i installed a concealed subwoofer - again ignore the cable mess. I fully tidied it up already and it works.

And in the end - it got a nice clean wash with some Optimum No Rinse Wash&Wax and got coated by CarPro Reload

1200km later - the CarPro coat worked - just the exhaust tip got a bit dürty.

9 Likes

That’s a sweet looking Alfa :heart_eyes:

Hello,

maybe you can help me for a issue my alfa 159 installed with blue&me I take that rubbish system out and replace it with KENWOOD dnx 8220BT, now I bought original BOSE system for ALFA 159 then I released that I need to put Sat nav Magneti-Marelli so do you have any idea about socket and how to manage it.

very very nice :yum:

Time to get something new… something faster…

16 Likes

Heeeeeyyy!!! That’s really coool! :smiley: