2010 Toyota Prius

My mother just got a brand new 2018 Toyota Prius Prime the other day, so I get the old family car! However, that old car happens to be a 2010 Prius. Still, it’s my first car, so I am over the moon about it.

For some background, this Prius was purchased in December 2010, and currently has 84,000 miles on it. It’s in perfect shape mechanically, and the hybrid powertrain is holding up perfectly. It’s got the standard fare, 1.8 liter I4, which, along with 2 electric motors, pushes out 134 horsepower. Toyota says it’ll do 0-60 in 9.8 seconds, and a top speed of 112 mph.

More photos coming Soon™

13 Likes

That’s a really nice first car Zscmeez. My 17yr old pizza delivery driver self is rather jealous, lol!

6 Likes

Saving the planet with your first car! Or being an actual taxi driver, and not just for yer friends :wink:

5 Likes

Good color!

1 Like

Great car! Now, expecting for the 3S-GTE swap :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Remember to check the piston return springs monthly!
That’s a rare car in my country!

3 Likes

Update 1: License Plate Frames.

One of the first things I did was remove the license plate frames advertising my local Toyota dealership, and replace them with frames advertising my college instead. Now I don’t have to blur out the license plate frame, since it doesn’t give away my location too obviously.

4 Likes

One of the most comfortable cars to drive, especially in the traffic. Enjoy it.

3 Likes

A buddy of mine got a 2006 Prius recently. They may not be enthusiast’s cars, but they’re cheap to run, good on gas, comfortable, reliable, and practical. Not bad cars at all. Looks to be in good shape too. Be careful it doesn’t end up with the Toyota dent.

1 Like

What’s the Toyota dent?

That (Not my Camry. Mine is cracked, not dented).

Fortunately, mine is still mostly dent-free. A few tiny dings in the doors, but nothing too bad for an 8 year old car.

1 Like

Just as I got home today from Cars and Coffee, the Prius ticked over to 84,000 miles on the nose. And yes, I take my Prius to Cars and Coffee.

(Bad picture of the odometer display when you turn the car off)

Driving thoughts: God I hate traffic.

But on the Prius is way more easier to handle it.

Actually, yeah, my average MPG was increasing during traffic, not decreasing. Just using the electric motor to slowly move along.

Today was absolutely incredible. I went to Cars and Coffee, and as part of it, we went on a cruise to a local place with excellent food. It was amazing. The roar of the V8’s, the sound of gasoline being turned into noise. We had Mustangs and Challengers… oh, and my Prius. I was tailing a 1984 Pontiac Firebird, and surprisingly, I was keeping up.

I had an absolute blast, and on my way home, I even took the twisty route back.

So all in all, what an amazing day.

More pictures, if you're interested.

The different aspect ratios are as a result of being taken with different cameras. My DSLR shoots at a 3:2 aspect ratio, while my phone shoots in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

9 Likes

Careful zschmeez, if you’re too effusive on your first ride you’ll run out of superlatives to use when you get a real car :wink:

16 Likes

One of these things is not like the others…

One of these things just doesn’t belong…

1 Like

it’s the van because it’s a one-box design :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like