2016 Focus ST (The cleanest daily)

I’m happy I gave myself a cool off period. While the Mustang was a fun car to drive, it lacks the day to day utility that the Focus excels with. I can throw a ton of stuff into the car and just go, with the Mustang my options would be, limited. There is also this pesky little virus thing going on in the world, and it makes little sense for me to take on debt I can avoid. If things turn for the worst, it will be better to have one less thing to worry about. My heart says do it, but everything else tells me to keep the Focus.

But if I’m going to keep it, do I let the nagging monkey brain have it’s way? The Garret GT2860R v2 Turbo would let me bump the car to a comfortable 300/300 whp/wtq giving the car even more pep. This sounds fun, but then an LSD would be a good idea, and while the trans is out, a lighter flywheel? No, this is a rabbit hole of ideas that are all fun on paper. Rather I should steel my resolve, and just leave the ST stock. That is why I have the Contours.

Besides, it is a nice car to just drive.

7 Likes

Went for a cruise with my car club.

9 Likes

Wow, has it been a year? Guess what, I sold it!

1 Like

What! Why!?!?! :scream:

Hahaha, congrats on the sale, so what’s next on your radar?

A House!

2 Likes

Nice! Houses are super expensive these days so I wish you the best of luck in your search…

Are you still keeping the SVT Contour? Or are you going full mainstream for a while?

SVT # 2019 will become my daily, and SVT # 2497 will remain the garage queen it is. The Contours have no value and selling them would net me very little. I was able to sell the Focus for 17.5K though, a nice chunk of change to keep off to the side for when I make my move.

1 Like