2017 Antiyita International Motor Show

2017 Zenshi Nimessa Newman R

For the first time, the Nimessa has it’s own Newman R variant, thanks to the meddling of ZMD with their track experience. It’s debut will be known here in the 2017 AIMS.

Upon first glance of the Nimessa Newman R, one can see it as the little brother of the Altrea Newman R, sharing similar aggressive aerodynamics and bodywork.

The engine used in the Nimessa Newman R is unique as it’s an engine created specifically for it, and nothing else: The IA25-GDAT. The 400 HP 2.5L Turbocharged I6, combined with a quick shifting 6-Speed Manual and SM-AWS system makes for a quick monster, hitting 100 KM/H at 4.1 seconds, similar to it’s big brother, and topping out at a nice 252 KM/H.

Like the Altrea Newman R, it will be Manual Transmission only. Standard equipment include Sports cloth bucket seats and a ZMD designed steering wheel. Optional equipment includes a Black Sport package, which gives the Nimessa Newman R black RAYS wheels.

More info to come soon!

SPECS:

Chassis Code: IALE66
Weight: 1565 kg
Seating Configuration: 2+3

Engines: IA25-GDAT 2.5L Turbocharged I6
Power: 400 HP @ 7500 RPM
Torque: 311 lb-ft @ 6300 RPM

Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
0-100 km/h: 4.1s
80-120 km/h: 2.8s
Top Speed: 252 KM/H

Fuel Economy: (Ci/Co/HW) 17/20/28 MPG

Japanese MSRP:
starting at ¥4,207,210 (~$37,120)

Confirmed Colours:
Force Blue Mica
Ultra Red
Ramune Blue Mica
Sunshine Yellow (Pictured)
Velocity Silver Metallic
Frosty White
Ultimate Black

4 Likes

6 Likes
#Antiyita 2017

In a change of plan to the original schedule, Erin has also decided to put on a display of the cars currently availible for request import into Antiyita and surrouding markets.

Because sometimes we really do just have to copy everyone else.

Erin will be opening their first dealership in Ankiatia in September of this year, and are taking pre-orders as of now. A select range of our sedans and sports car will be available for import from our UK factories as part of our Global Export service.

Strangely enough, for some inexplicable reason, Erin has put a lot of emphasis on the Tauga X and Tauga SB. You’d never be able to work out why…

[quote]The Tauga X is Erin’s definitive performance saloon, featuring the newest version of our legendary 3.3l V6 engine,
Producing 417 hp, it’s capable of 0-60 in 4.2 seconds yet will still happily seat 4, and drives with exquisite finesse. And if you want something more stylish, then trying the Tauga SB, which adds AWD to make it even faster.

330X Trim from £49860 UK / $51690 (Anikatia Import), 330SB from £55530 (UK), $57630 (Anikatia Import)
[/quote]
Standard versions of the Tauga can also be ordered.

[quote]The Scarlet is the single greatest sports car ever made by Erin. Combining advanced elements - like ultra lightweight all-aluminium construction, electric LSD and a 9800-rpm-redline 3.8l V8 - with sports car staples like a 6 speed manual gearbox, gorgeous long nose coupe styling and a suspension setup from the gods of automobiles, its a car made to be driven on the open road.

330Lex trim from £54240 (UK) / $56690 (Anikatia Import), 380X from £74620 (UK), $76990 (Anikatia Import)[/quote]

[quote]Pertinent elegance; that is what sums up the Berlose, Erin’s premium executive sedan is a comfortable, poised and commanding car. Recently facelifted and updated, it features a line of inline 6s for unparalleled smoothness, but also great performance. Options include AWD and a sequential gearbox.

Lex trim from £33450 (UK) / $35550 (Anikatia Import), Vox from from £37800 (UK), $39900 (Anikatia Import)[/quote]
S trim not available for import. Touring variant also available for order.

[quote]The Aventa is Erin's stunning luxury limousine, aimed at those who simply demand first class transport for wherever they go. Unbelievably comfortable, wonderfully refined and packed with a diverse range of interior features, its one of the most advanced cars we've ever made. And if you feel it's lacking a bit in speed, then the 224 mph V12 Super Aventa should satisfy your needs.

Lex-Eco Trim from £60300 (UK) / $62400 (Anikatia Import), Vox from from £69960 (UK), $62060 (Anikatia Import),
Super Aventa from £121800 (UK) / $124450 (Anikatia Import)[/quote]

As part of the display, ErinSport have put on an exhibition of their current race vehicles, the star of the show being the new Scarlet GT '17. It’s competing under a factory team in the Asian Le Man Series, which visit Anikatia in a few weeks time. It’s the first time ErinSport have competed in the series, and they are hoping to expand into the LMP2 class next year with a prototype racer.

Also on display is their current World Touring Car Championship entrant, the Samsung-liveried Tauga Coupe Touring.

Alongside this is their 2017 season Erin Merna competing in the BTCC. While not exactly relevant to the Asian markets, its a bit of home pride from this team who have made a lot of their fortune in the series.

ErinSport would also like to the register their interest in a Ridge Racer GP series.

10 Likes

#Daily Round-Up - Day 3
Welcome back to Antiyita 2017 where the doors to the public have now been opened and the displays halls are packed with auto enthusiasts. The atmosphere has been great here so far, and a few more announcements have also been made, with a certain emphasis on performance.

Once again, if any companies would like to receive a road test or special feature, please get in touch immediately.

Let’s get into the third day of Antiyita!

LaVache’s 6th generation Skywarp was on display, revealing updates to its innards for the 2018 MY. The good looking executive sedan is now also avalible with the companies powerful 4.4l V6 from the the Ramjet, which should certainly be rather exciting. The prices for that model also look to be very good too.

Assoluto and Himmel made a joint announcement about a potential revival of the legendary Ridge Racer GP series, revealing a pair of retro-liveried race cars from the companies teams. It’s great to see these classic designs out once more, and we can only hope that the talks with the relative Anikatian authorities are successful. This is certainly one to watch; it’s sure to be one of the fastest race series on the planet if it does make a return.

Then, out of nowhere, Zast launched very unusual Fujin. This 1145hp road-going racer car is a bastard to drive - a good bastard, I should say - in that it is bonkers. I’ve driven 70s race cars with more composure than this, but there’s something kind of exciting about that. Sadly, it hasn’t been tuned particularly well, given that it wheelspins more than an F1 car and has a 5 speed DCT gearbox which simply isn’t adequate to handle all that power. That spoiler on the back does absolutely nothing, it’s not even been adjusted to produce downforce, while the active suspension makes it sloppy in the corners.

And yet, I kind of like it. It weirdly feels like a NASCAR; massive amounts of power with next to no fine tuning. As a road car then, its horrendus, but as a straight line speed machine or an oval race, it has a lot of potential. That said, however good it looks from the rear, the front is so ridiculous I almost couldn’t take it seriously. It is truly the praying mantis of performance cars. Stranger too is the price tag; it’s arguably quite cheap $117k, but Zast makes no money off of it whatsoever. Truly, this is one of the oddest cars I’ve ever driven, but that gives it an odd kind of appeal about it too.

Zenshi then came out with another new Newman (ho ho ha!) trim, this time in the form of the Nimessa compact. The handsome little sports car has been adorned with a chunky rear spoiler black plastic detailing, and frankly looks fantastic. So simple, yet so effective, and not over done either. The specs look decent; it remains just as practical as the standard car, but packs a 400hp I6 under the bonnet. Madness! 0-60 in 4.1 seconds is quoted and we’ve no doubt it should be a lot of fun in the corners too. Where it fits in the market is a little unusual; its larger and faster than the top-end super hot hatches, but slightly below the midsize performance machines like the tuned trims of the Impakt S1 and the LaVache Ramjet. But then again, its between-categories prices is very tempting. Very, very tempting indeed.

IMP/R then dropped one of the most refreshing performance cars in decades. The IMR M0-1 is currently just a prototype of a prototype, but its genius is already clear. It’s an i4 powered super car, based off an aerodynamics test platform, with a van transmission (presumably to handle all the torque). Fully independent electrohydraulic allows it to corner absolutely flat apparently, while the low drag body should make it rather fast. Very, very advanced then, but also very pricy for a supercar that won’t be able to match its rivals in prestige, nor (weirdly enough) in performance either. But the ideas here are pretty darn remarkable, and we hope that the tech fitted into this thing finds its way into other cars from the company.

Erin then gave a showcase of its current available for import range for Anikatia. We presume that the emphasis on the Tauga X and its sister the Tauga SB is in response to the Zenshi Altrea Newman R and the Rennen Angeles R, both of which are faster on paper. We’ll have to do a more indepth review at some point to find out which comes out on top.

The ErinSport livery exhibition showed of the teams wide range of race cars including…
Yeah someone else needs to write this :wink:

I’d like to order a Zenshi Nimessa Newman R please, if that’s possible. The Ramune Blue Mica sounds like a nice colour choice. I’ve genuinely been starstruck by it. It’s so nice, compact and well packaged. And so fast.

In the mean time, I’m off to see what the Ankiatians call ‘night life’. See you all later!

-Gavin Anderson

8 Likes

Oh fcuuuk, I was almost certain that today is the 11th, not 12th already.

######Photoshop by @titleguy1

##

Feel the wind

To mark the importance of Asian markets and the Antiyita International Motor Show for Zavir Automobili something very special has been prepared... The long awaited comeback of the Luna Spider. Feel the wind again, this time in the the picturesque Yekkwae mountains. Enjoy the views again, this time in blending tradition and rapid development city of Antiyita.

##

Style

The new Spider variant retains the traditional soft top - far more elegant, stylish and giving a lighter appearane and far less cold and emotionless than what many competitor cars employ in their construction - and we feel that emotions are the point of a perfect convertible. The Spider also shares many styling details with the last year Berlina and Coupe variants, such as the more slanted windscreen, distinctive taillights lines and reduced plastic trim for a cleaner, more subtle look. In addition to the palette of paint and interior colours available in other Luna body styles, the Spider will also allow for additional level of personalisation with 5 different roof colours.

##

Speed

The Spider shares its engine lineup with all other Luna variants, meaning a choice of advanced I4s (petrol and turbodiesel) and V6s (petrol), ranging between 120 and 253 hp in standard variants and 321 hp* in the Sportivo. All engines are mated with Zavir's highly intelligent and blazing fast Seletronica™ III dual-clutch 7-speed gearbox, sending the power to just the rear or all wheels (optional 4Forza™ AWD system), optionally using the 2Forza™ limited slip differential**.

##

Luxury

The Spider will be available with such features*** as leather or alcantara interior with wooden or aluminium inserts, high-end Bang & Olufsen™ audio system, fully active, configurable reActive™ suspension, voice controls, automatic parking and semi-autonomous driving, making it one of the most luxurious compact convertibles on the market.
___ >
The prices will start at $23 900 (excluding taxes) for the Spider Stilo 1.4. Orders can be placed starting in early June to late July (depending on the market) and the deliveries will start in mid July. The Spider variant will be available in all markets currently supported by Zavir Automobili.

######* Horsepower ratings may differ depending on local emission regulations. // ** Standard equipment with 2.7 idea™ engine, 4Forza™ system and in the Sportivo variant. // *** Feature availability depending on chosen trim level and equipment options.

Zavir. Il vantaggio della tecnologia.

12 Likes

That design is super slick.

@szafirowy01 :heart_eyes: that tail light design.

The 2018 Cornaldie Automotive Scandera SuperTourer

Luxury at its finest

• Experience the comport of well made SUV from a manufacturer who knows how to make one. We want to make every journey an event, whether it’s taking the kids to school or going on a cross country cruise. Enjoy sounds from our 15 speaker surround system exclusive to our models from Bose… Quad zone climate control, heated and cooled seats, leather stitching, 12 inch Touch screen infotainment system with a digital dash for the driver with all functionalities available from the steering wheel, rear vents, cruise control and many more options.

Feel safe wherever you go

How?
Forward collision warning system & Automatic braking
Lane departure warning & Lane departure assist
Blind spot warning system
Rearview camera
Adaptive cruise control

Other Technical Data:

Visit one our branches for more details and book a test drive.
MSRP: Starting at $78000

3 Likes

Zast would like to end the Zast Automobile showcase with a bang.
The Renegade is simple,but bland.
The Fujin is a beast,but hard to control.

And the Ancora (Encore) is something out of this world.

#2018 Zast Ancora

The Ancora is a car that can rival hyper cars with flamboyant styling and innovative technology.We did the usual and asked I.R.I.S Design to help in the making of the car but I.R.I.S will only help on the Chassis and Body design.The rest will be handled by Zast themselves.This was a car inspired by the Fujin but more controllable and track focus.
While the Fujin was the Zast standard of design,The Ancora was the Zast standard of performance,everything is fine tuned to sing the harmony of speed and handling.The chassis is made of carbon fibre,the wheels are made of carbon fibre, in fact the chassis is so strong it doesnt need a roll cage.Like in the Fujin's Interior,It has a Centre touchscreen with Individual Electronic Assists which can be turned off anytime when wanted.The car has advanced pushrod suspension to help it stick in the road with the help of an active wing.

The Ancora is the third spectrum of the Zast Company which shows that Zast can make a serious track car for the road than can rival hyper cars.

##Overview

Engine:

Code: R4558-12TT
Size: 4558 cc
Horse power: 895 hp @ 8400 RPM
Torque: 912 nm @ 5700 RPM
Redline: 8600 RPM

Chassis:

Material:Carbon Fibre body and chassis
Weight: 1289.9 kg
Suspension: Pushrod (Front and Rear)

Performance:
0-100 km/h : 2.5 secs
Braking 100-0 km/h: 26.72m
Top speed: 363.1 km/h
Automation TT lap time: 1:55.29

Test drive now! (Zast Automobiles - Zast Ancora.zip)

_Truly yours from Zast Automobiles_
3 Likes

Looking to get sued by Audi? :laughing:

@doncornaldie look there’s only one company doing that kind of navigation system and its Audi. This things been around since like what, 2012? Everyone will realise. Apart from that it’s not even consistent if your entire presentation is in English and suddenly that bit’s in German. If you’re going to steal, put some effort into it :wink:

3 Likes

It has both English and German in it… and there’s also a feature called “Language selection”. And obviously I didn’t design it as the image clearly says Audi TT in the description. And no I am not “stealing” anything so I do not need to put effort into changing something that’s not mine… That would be stealing. But thanks for your feedback.

I’m joking about the stealing bit, as well, most of the photoshops we do are just stolen content technically, that we modify and call our own. Anyway, we digress.

I didn’t mean that as a personal attack btw so no hard feelings, right?

1 Like

6 Likes

No east asian auto show is complete without Vans.

Not a new car, just a higher trim level of the Nuntius Exercis 200. This Moonchaser trim has an LPG fueled 3.0L V6 with 180hp and a 5-speed automatic transmission. The Moonchaser has a panoramic sunroof, curtains, lay-down seats, a fridge and tons of storage boxes. If you are someone, you drive a custom one of these.

4 Likes

none taken man.

Statement from Zorg Motors Powertrain Engineer, Jim Wolff

“Some of you are wondering why the Sotapanna 3.0 was the only model in our range with the enhanced version of the 3-liter straight-six until now. Well, at first we didn’t think that it belonged in the ZV4 and ZV5, but customer demand forced us to change our minds, and that means it will now be offered as standard on the 3.0 trims of both models. Although it now requires premium fuel, we considered it a worthwhile tradeoff considering the extra power.”

In addition, although the entire ZV2 range remains unchanged from last year, Zorg Motors is pleased to announce that it is now covered under the Individual Options service (which allows buyers to specify their own colors and materials as desired for extra cost). Previously, it was only available on the ZV3, ZV4, ZV5, Sotapanna and Kuti. Shown here are two ZV2s (a 2.0T and 2.0 ZPT) which have been personalized using Individual Options: the former is finished in Sienna Orange Metallic and the latter is presented in Ultra Yellow, with color-coded aero appendages replacing the standard bare carbon items.

Finally, AWD has also been made optional on the ZV3 and ZV4 due to its popularity in the ZV2. Any cars so equipped will still be available with a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic.

1 Like

2017 JHW Harrier 6

The Harrier 6 combines great engineering innovation, and classic luxury touches, for a relatively attainable price.

The engine is a 2.9L Turbo Inline 6 producing 200bhp. Now, that may not seem like a lot, but it does deliver 230ft-lb of torque, so it pulls where it matters.
The engine is also a unique long-stroke design that we would dare to say is the smoothest undersquared engine on the market, with a smoothness coefficient of 80.6.

We also make use of a very luxurious 5 seat leather interior with a state of the art HUD system, so it’s go the comfort to go along with the smoothness.

Power is put through the rear wheels via a 6 speed DSG gearbox. So that means 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and a top speed of 134mph, whilst returning under 9.5L/100km. not bad for a saloon with 200bhp and 1900kg of weight.

The price is $53,850. Don’t hesitate to come to the booth for more info.

1 Like

Welcome to the AL Autos Booth

AL Autos is proud to bring a wide variety of cars with us to AIMS! The vehicles we have us at AIMS are bound to appeal to all audiences from small but practical compact cars, to sport sports cars, to luxurious vehicles. So without further a do, let’s do our next two reveals!

The AL Autos Statuere (Trim Shown: 545 XLE)

The Body

AL Autos’ luxury division worked its magic with the body of the Statuere, one of our brand new LWB sedans, making every angle of this car look as stunning as it can be. People will look at this car wondering what prominent figure is inside this wonderful LWB executive sedan.

The Luxury

AL Auto’s luxury division went all out on the interior as they did with the body of the Statuere: Premium Nappa Leather Seats, 12 Speaker Bowers and Wilkins Sound System, Polished Wooden Trim to match the theme of the interior, massaging front and rear seats, rear entertainment screens, front and rear climate control, and AL Autos’ ALConnect Infotainment System: USB Capability, HD Radio, Hands Free Satellite Navigation w/ Real Time Traffic and AL’s WorldConnect which allows the user to see what attractions are nearby, make reservations, check sports teams scores, weather forecast, and so much more!

The Safety

AL Autos cares about the safety of our drivers and their families which is why we’ve put in many standard safety features into the Latissime: AL Shield which detects obstructions such as pedestrians, animals or other motorists and automatically applies the brakes, 12 standard airbags, an overall 5 star safety rating, AL Vision (a night vision system that detects and outlines any animals or people at night time when activated), and in the event of an incident, AL Autos AccidentManager which will automatically turn on hazard warning lights, unlock doors, stop the car, contact emergency medical services and send them to your car (depending on level of incident).

The Engine(s)

This specific trim of the Statuere features a 575 HP 4.5L Twin Turbo V8 coupled to a 8 Speed Automatic, Longitudinal AWD system, Electric LSD, and 265 F/R AL Road Tires. This allows for the Statuere to go from 0-62 mph in 5.5 seconds, achieve a top speed of 176.5 MPH (284.0 KPH), and clock a 1:27.9 on the Top Gear Test Track. The Statuere will also feature a V6, V6 Hybrid, V8 N/A, and V8 Turbo Special (For Armored Trim)

Pricing

AL Autos Statuere
Top Range Regular Model (Shown): $134,850
Base Model: $98,853
Top Range Armored Model (In Dev) (V8 Turbo Special) (Projected): $244,102
Secondary Base Model (Projected) (V8 N/A): $86,417
Third Base Model (Projected) (V6 Hybrid): $70,784
Fourth Base Model (Projected) (V6): $60,897

The AL Autos Habilis (Trim Shown: 125 C)

The Purpose

The Habilis is one of our practical hatchbacks meant to be easy to park, easy to maintain, and cheap to run. This car is a perfect daily for those tight city streets.

The Practicality

Speaking of practicality, the Habilis, even though it is small, seats 5 people comfortably (including driver) with room in the trunk for whatever you need for whatever adventure you’re going on. In addition the Habilis’ combined 30 MPG plus 12 gallon fuel tank allow for 360 miles range.

The Engine

The Habilis features our brand new peppy and efficient 125 HP 1.1 L I4 Turbo engine that is able to attain a 30 MPG average and accelerate the car smoothly from 0-62 MPH in a gentle 11.7 seconds.

Pricing

Top Range Model (Shown): $22,823
Base Model: $16,105

Visit your local AL Autos dealership for more information!

AL Autos would like to thank you for joining us at this presentation! Look forward to the reveal of the rest of our wonderful machines as AIMS continues!

1 Like

I am not that good in photoshop :sweat_smile:

#Daily Round-Up 4
It’s been a busy weekend here at Antiyita, where most of the journalists are underway test driving and reviewing what has been on display. We’ll be doing a little bit of that later on and throughout the week, but for now it’s time to see what else has been announced at Antiyita!

Zavir reintroduced its Luna Spider, adding another body style to the premium compact’s range. Not only is it the best looking variant in the range, its one of the smartest compacts I’ve seen in a long while. The more powerful engine options should be particularly fun to drive with the roof down, though there’s certainly an air of budget GT car about it. That’s some we really like, and it should make for a nice alternative to the similarly priced budget sports car available today.

Cornaldie gave us a new luxury super-SUV in the form of the Scandera SuperTourer. The orange colour was not a preferable choice in my opinion, and the ton of chrome on the front may put some off, but they seem to have nailed the luxury aspect and even crammed 7 seats into this thing. So, it’ll be like a container ship to park, but it should be as comfortable as Emirates First Class. The big emphasis on safety is nice, even though this thing should be able to survive a collision with anything given its size. Plus, with 400+ hp under the bonnet, its decently quick too. Not enough to satisfy the psycho-SUV drivers who want supercar levels of power, but enough to keep most drives interested. That said, other rivals do pretty much the same thing as this for similar amounts of money, and I was hard pressed to see something that really sold it to me.

Zast then gave us the Ancora, a V12 hypercar with a serious teeth problem. Honestly, this thing looks great other than that front grille looks so out of place and off. Still, it’s a nigh-on 900hp bright green monster, surely it must be quite fun to drive? And the answer is yes. It’s mad, very loose and quite scary, but fun. All of the driving aids optioned on this model did absolutely f*ck all to keep this thing under control, and even the very high quality tires can barely hold all that wheel spin back.

But, it’s far from rough; the power delivery is huge but consistent, it’s geared well, the active aero certainly does its job and the suspension is quite well setup too. It has a tendency to oversteer, but it isn’t overly sharp, which is nice, as the last thing you want in a car this mad is to be having to constantly correct its twitchiness. On the contrary, the interior is very cheaply made and the brakes are actually scary to use.
So then, you need balls of steel to drive it, but if you like driving in a near-death experience all the time, this is the car for you.

Nuntius have introduced a new trim of their Exercis van. I know absolutely nothing about vans, but can agree with them when they say “No east asian auto show is complete without Vans”.

Zorg showed us some updates to their lineup, including announcing that their 3.0l i6 Turbo is going to be featured on more models as well as a whole host ‘Individual Options’ that allow you to modify how your car looks to no end. That should certainly satisfy the customers, desperate to ensure their car is absolutely unique.

JHW gave us the Harrier 6 budget limousine, featuring an improved version of their design style. The 2.9l i6 powering it is a little lacking at 200hp, and there’ll be some looking for more power, though the promise of a HUD system is interesting. Little else in terms of details have been given out, but it $53k asking price is a fairly tempting offer.

AL Autos gave us two more cars, these being Statuere which seems to have a slight side chrome problem, though from the front, it’s easily the best looking car they’ve made so far. It’s packed with the usual luxury features, and has an appropriatley powerful 575hp V8, though the auto gearbox could have been replaced by a sequential unit. Prices are high as you’d expect, but it’s a car to consider if you’re in this part of the market.

This was followed by the the Habillis supermini, which we felt was a little out of place. 30 MPG, even US MPG, is very low for such a car, and the high price puts it in the range of most compacts. It should certainly be as practical as most equivalent cars, but the running costs seem to be oddly high for such a small car.

I had the chance today to drive the new Assoluto Fatalita. Here’s what happened:

[quote]#Roadtest: Assoluto Fatalita V
I’ve been told throughout my 7 year career as a motoring journalist that this job has its perks, and that for all the regular cars you have to slog through (as nice as they are), you’ll get to do incredible roadtests of some of the best cars on the planet. One such moment occurred little over a week ago when I received an email - barely a few hours after landing in Anikatia - from an Assoluto employee who wanted to offer me a roadtest in the Fatalita V. Well of course I was going to say yes to that.

As part of this roadtest, I have to stress why I’m being given this opportunity. It’s the company’s 90th birthday this year and to celebrate, they want to give me some time in the Fatalita V. Not sure how that works a birthday celebration given that it’s for me, but oh well, I’m not saying no to driving a supercar.

This 5th iteration of the mid-engined machine follows closely in the footsteps of the Type 4 in terms of design, but there are some major changes. The front grille is now large and has less aerowork covering it up; it’s grown two roof ducts on its back; the exhausts now sit right at the edge of the back of the car, though they’re still next to the tailights. What hasn’t changed though is the shape; it’s still the classic smooth body that has come to define their mid-engine models, and they arguably still do it better than everyone else.

I’ve been given really rather limited time in this car - I knew there’d be a catch - meaning I have just over an hour to work out what it’s like. Surely that can’t be too hard.

I get it out of the pre-arranged pickup destination as fast as possible and head straight for the mountains. And, on first impressions, it’s good. Really good. Very comfortable for a supercar, quite a bit more than the previous generation. More to the point, you could probably use it everyday at this rate if you wanted. And, it’s fast. Very fast. 0-60 in 2.6 seconds means it can quite easily match the lower end of the hypercar market for acceleration. Yet, it’s also quiet. Obviously it screams when you force it to, but otherwise, the engine is quite tame when it comes to noise. I’m not sure whether that’s a good move on their behalf or something that could take away from the excitement.

It’s at this moment that I see the ‘Active Exhaust’ button and promptly press it; oohhhh, that’s better. Now I can hear the 4.4l turbo V8 shout its way up to 9000 rpm properly. And within minutes, the roads are climbing and getting twisty.

You soon learn this car’s limits; they’re very high and easy to reach, but it doesn’t feel like it constantly wants to break them. The handling is nice; not the best, with the back end feeling very fixed due to the tight sway bars and massive rear tires, but you can coax powerslides out of it with ease, and it certainly holds it self very well when doing this. Roll angles are very low, meaning flat cornering is easy to achieve at lower speeds. On some of the long sweeping bends on these Anikatian roads, you can get a feel for just how much G this thing can pull when it wants to.

However, most of the corners here are tight and filled with hidden inclines, which really puts the suspension through its paces. It’s all active, and it works very very hard indeed. There’s an unnatural feel to its response, but that’s only because it’s constantly adapting and adjusting. I’m undecided on whether I like it or not; this is not a car for purists by any means because of this feature.

On the contrary, it does allow you to drive at an unbelievable pace. That level of tech also extends to the E-LSB and the well tuned brakes, and the result is a driving feel that gives you huge confidence for a supercar. I dare say it’s even easy to drive, though that doesn’t quite feel appropriate given that I have 706 hp sitting behind me. The grip, the response, the way its goes and the way it stops are all phenomenal. Technically, then, this car is astounding, and more than anything else, they’ve managed to make a laptop-car feel rewarding to drive.

But I can’t help but think that it could be madder. Maybe I’m trying to make this car something that it just isn’t or wasn’t intended to be, but I just got the impression every once in a while that it was a little too well dressed up in electronic gear. The essence and heart of the car are hidden away, and only by turning everything off can you start to find it, but even then it doesn’t have the same level of intensity or excitement as other cars. I guess I myself am just looking for something that’s more of a supercar.

Then again, I only had an hour with it, and before I knew it I had to turn around to get back to the city in time. It reminded me how nice it was when you drive it normally. I’d put it out there that this probably one of the easiest supercars to live with around today. But it’s not quite super enough for my taste, even though technically its an incredible achievement.
I liked the updated styling, the comfort and the usability, and the noise too. And, it certainly impresses when being driven quickly; if you want to drive something that feels like Forza or Gran Turismo in real life, this is the car to go for.
But, it’s not the supercar I want it to be. It’s too techy and doesn’t have enough soul to be something truly special. There’s no doubt a passion here to make the fastest car they can, but it’s too focused on that for its own good. I’d be happy to own one, but I couldn’t get past living with the knowledge that there are better options out there.

[/quote]

That’s all for now, see you later this week!
-Gavin Anderson

7 Likes

Damn :frowning:

Also

How did you manage to launch it that hard? Quality slider tires?

2 Likes

lmao… I died.

2 Likes