2019 Calvinator Super Wagon

How has Ralph Nader not written a million books about Calvinator yet?

4 Likes

Who’s Ralph Nader?

Relevant:

6 Likes

So This is the guy that ruined the American Auto Industry. Freedom of Info Act is actually kinda nice, unless it ends up giving enemies of the US plans for a weapon that would be near impossible for the US Army to stop. Most cars were made of steel. His book should apply to Smart Cars, which pancake when the hit a squirrel.

Er…

They really don’t

3 Likes

If my cars had a survival rate lower than that of a Yokosuka MXY7 I wouldn’t make such comments.

1 Like

I wasn’t being literal. But have you seen what happens when they rear end another car on the highway?

I will post some pictures soon.

Well, that goes for almost any car on a highway.

2 Likes

https://chivethethrottle.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/auto-500-61722974wtmk.jpg

There was one of a guy torn in half, but I wouldn’t post that. I will never drive a smart car.

Oh, just for laughs.

I can’t believe Phoenix would actually allow that. New York however

Well, yes, put any vehicle between two trucks with the exception of a truck and you’re going to get vehicular pancake.

I mean, this here was an Audi Q5, but it’s also now a pancake right.

9 Likes

Actually strop, myth busters disproved that. You can’t get 2 semis, even if they are barreling at eachother, to pancake a compact car (that was before Smart Cars were even legal here). And since when does a car accident involve an SUV being placed on top of the frame with no axles?

Oh, gee, I wasn’t being literal, you know :blush:

1 Like

The first two squished cars aren’t even a Smarts. The second one seems like a GM product (based on the wheel). And I can confirm that any car will get pancaked between two transport trucks. My dad was lucky to be alive after that happened with his big SUV.

And here’s how safe a big American SUV/truck can be:

Size of car doesn’t mean anything depending on what you hit. The Smart’s got a stronger passenger cell than most cars to compensate for its small size.

7 Likes

Ok, they got past me. But Smart cars still can’t go every where. In Many states like Utah, business will still go as usual even if it snows 2 ft. Most cars can’t handle that, but smart cars won’t even run at 1 ft. In my whole time in Utah, I never saw a Smart Car and Snow at the same time, and it can snow in July. They are only out and about when there is no snow. And when there is ice, even with a little snow, they will slide backwards down hill even if they are stomping it. And Smart Cars still can’t take much. Let’s not forget the guy who got torn in half, or the fact that most people in America are between 5 ft 6 in and almost 7 ft. You can’t fit that into a smart car. Size can matter, cause you also have less room in the car, which can cause more serious injuries. And besides, that’s a bus, which are designed to be safe for children to ride in.

Saw the video, Driver’s dead cause the steering wheel in the slow mo was seen going where the driver’s BACK would be, and both driver and passenger could bleed out cause of lasserations cause of the side and top windows shattering.

Here is a video of another one. The driver got ejected, and isn’t moving afterwards.

I’m 6 ft tall and regularly drive a Smart car at work :rolling_eyes: They’re much more spacious for the driver than a lot of other cars, it just has a smaller trunk and is limited to two seats. And I’m in Canada, where winter’s a lot more than a bit of colder weather. Smarts are still around all through winter, on snow and ice. Their ground clearance isn’t much different from a sportscar, and like any other car the winter characteristics are mostly based on using the right tires and not driving like an idiot.

Most arguments against the Smart are based on the ignorant belief that “bigger is better” and those stand no ground. Not saying the Smart is an excellent car (I wouldn’t buy one) but it’s certainly not the worst car out there. Only real reasons to not get one are the high price for what it is, having more than 1 passenger or a decent amount of luggage, or living in an area so secluded that only a 4x4 will get your around. The only time bigger is better is when you need a whole lot of space for passengers and cargo. The Smart is more than enough car for most needs, especially considering most people commute alone.

/endrant

Edit: as far as that video goes, that’s what happens to anyone not wearing a seatbelt. Under the destructible plastic bodywork of the Smart is a solid and well engineered steel structure.

7 Likes

Then come to Canada where smart cars run into 2ft of snow, as do cars like this:

And most cars as well. Pretty much everything you see in the previous pic drove through various storms during the last winters.

Winter tires brah. With shit tires anything will do exactly what you described.

You have obviously never been remotely near a smart car. Those things are super roomy for the two passengers that fit inside, it’s just you don’t get much trunk space.

And are incredibad when it comes to under-riding when rear-ended, similar to what semis would be without the now mandatory under-ride guards.

If that guy got hurt as much as he did, it’s because he very obviously wasn’t wearing a seat belt.

As for your comment on the windows, ever seen ANY car accident?

6 Likes

Yes, but not that much glass so s lose to the passenger and driver. I was talking about the video with the white Smart Car. The other one was still brought to oblivion. A regular mid size sedan running into a wall at 100mph doesn’t look that demolished

Enough about the Smart Car. This is about the Super Wagon.

Just going to drop what a ‘normal’ sedan hitting a wall at 100 mph looks like…

12 Likes

Heeyyy, that normal sedan hitting a wall at 100 mph looks just like this thread!

12 Likes

Oh god, these threads never fail to deliver

2 Likes