2019 New York International Auto Show

Okay, so what is this here? I only know CSR since 94 and I’m pretty new to this stuff.
What is this Auto Show thing?
Do we just submit cars, which we think would be presented at one?

Yeah basically its to show off year accurate cars that we have built, some people we do just engines etc :slight_smile:

Reason being is that Blaire had another designing failure and this time they couldn’t fix it. Gremlin & Quebec went out of business. So Blaire & Taimania will be at Goodwood.

Personal note : i likely hurried stuff, and made a few mistakes. I would like to ask the Magazines to only cover Corsac, leaving out the whole company switch thing.
I would like to delete it, so it does not cause chaos.

Bramhall are expecting to sell to the same market that love the IRL Golf R32 and Focus RS, with performance figures that match and beat them in some regards, with a price equivalent to those cars. I’m not sure if anyone has done an equivalent car in automation but these performance figures are part of what made every Brooklands badged road car so crazy. Only three times before has the Brooklands name been put onto a road car: The original Viva which cemented the car as an icon of Britain, the Viva Mk3 Group B homologation model which helped launch them into the era speed in 1984, and finally the Virage VS-Brooklands. A 170 mile an hour 4 door saloon, available for sale in 1987. This car featured Brooklands’ signature engine, a precision engineered inline 6 with over 400 brake horsepower. Hopefully the American market shows as much interest in this mad contraption as the European market has.

more cars woopie yohoo lets cover them and stuff

Okul has a fleet of identically painted cars… what a way to break up the monotonous design and make them not at all look the same… not. I don’t know if this is a sub brand, or a new lineup, or what, but anyways… There’s an incredibly smiley V10 luxury supercar called the Leo Khan One, a GT car very originally called the Leo Khan GT, and a 4 door called the Leo Khan Exodus. They’re all powered by the same engine and transmission so I don’t see much point to choosing between them, but whatever, they’re there if you want one I guess.

Akarui has unveiled a V10 supercar called the R38. They claim it’s the everyman’s supercar, but with a 2L v10, pushrod suspension, and carbon ceramic brakes, I would NOT want to own that out of warranty. Even for under 50,000$. This is why everyman supercars just don’t work. Figuratively and literally.

Axuma has a rather admitely alright looking premium sedan. Certainly not segment leading by any means, and that V8 makes it a bit of a dinosaur by modern sedan standards, but it is certainly competent at least.

Montes has the new T90, and it claims to be a serious drivers car for realsies this time. Usually I find these premium luxury drivers sedans try to be all things to all people and as a result end up being nothing. But maybe the T90 will be different this time? Only time will tell.

TORÉER AUTOMOBILE has tuned up an Axuma sedan to create an almost 200mph super sedan. Why you’d want a luxury sedan to be faster than a Honda NSX around a racetrack, I can’t say I understand. But it’s there and it costs 75,000$ if you want it.

AL Autos has the new Via, still in trashy MTV Cribs Gold. Even in regular colors, it still screams “ballin on a budget” to me. If you’re the type of person to compare your infotainment screen and the price you got your SUV for like the new form of automotive dick measuring, I can’t help but feel this is the one for you.

Martlet has a rather hideous looking oreo sedan that can’t even get from 0-60 in under 9 seconds. That’s about the level of performance I’d expect from a toyota corolla.
Satsunai has a tiny little V8 deathtrap with the nose of a cat.
And Aeros has a similarly slow 7 seat SUV, and I can only assume the design building was on fire at the time of the design because it seems like the task was to design it as quickly as humanly possible and get out of there. I don’t know what else to say.

Finally. LMC has some gorgeous eye relief in the form of the new Maladus. The color is to die for, and this is a reminder of why they rule the GT segment. I honestly can’t think of a Luxury GT car I’d rather have for any price. Yes please.

Zenshi (See I actually read it this time) has a new Karis, and I must say while Retro design is usually my thing, this coupe seems a bit too hunched forward, while it does stand out, that isn’t always necessarily a good thing. A bright orange suit would certainly stand out. I honestly can’t see them selling that many. Nobody is buying affordable coupes these days, especially when there isn’t a drop top option.

Somebody should talk to Bramhall , I don’t think Bonham would particularly like the use of the Brooklands name on a nutso hot hatch with a 3.2L twin turbo V6. Honestly that seems like the type of thing that would be an undrivable mess made specifically for the purpose of braging rights and settings records around a racetrack. Yes, you can make a little car go fast by putting a big engine in it. But at what cost? Hot hatches have never been about setting records. But whatever.

EDITED: Kazume has made a new 7 seat crossover called the KX7,which must be a suicide mission mission for the company, because apparently they’re selling each one and making no profit. I assumed they liked staying in business, which is why I thought it was being produced so cheap. But hey, if they want to run their company right into the ground by not making any money, who am I to stop them?

Orion is clearly calling out GG with their Gryfalcon racing concept. Lots of numbers, but no track times. I assume they’re inviting GG to test the waters on that one first. I’m all for supercar duels, and GG is pretty unbeatable so we’ll have to see how that goes.

Owl needs to hire a new photography department, stat. Those photos make it impossible to tell what the cars look like, so I guess I’ll withhold my thoughts until I can actually, like, see them.

Alright… I think that’s it from me. Have a good one NYC!

14 Likes

I love how the Brooklands is causing a huge stir right now XD It’s fantastic the impact it’s having, I can imagine social media will be lighting up with pictures of the Brooklands Viva all over the web, Carthottle would be going bezerk for it, even if Drivers and Motornation aren’t too interesting.

With numbers like 450hp and 988kg it’s unlikely (and Orion can be quoted to have not intended to). Unless GG make good on their 2020 “Kelpie” concept which was proposed to run the same power but probably about 250-300kg less…

However I do hear of an unhinged “extra spicy” version which puts it much in the ballpark of a regular 2017 Lilith.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t mean to compete with GG, I know that’s out of my league. I really just wanted to test if I could make a decent SWB 'egg body supercar with a (relatively) small amount of power. Really this was more of a design exercise than an actual performance one.

I can understand why it may be thought that it was meant to, and I’m sorry for that confusion. At the end of the day what I like (And what I think i’m best at) is designing cars and making cars that are fun to me, I am not a competitive car maker. I probably should have toned down the competitive overtones with the marketing, yeah?

Anyway, apologies for that, I’m probably overanalyzing it but I just like making cars for fun, I suck at competition.

1 Like

(I still want to look at this car, genuinely sounds like more useable fun than 800hp in 1250kg lol)

1 Like