24 Hours of ATT: 1985 (DEADLINE: 24/2/2017)

@JohnWaldock did you allow Barth bodies?

no.

it’s common knowledge to not use them IMO.

anyway ENTRIES ARE CLOSED

4 Likes

That is bad. Srsly, you can usually source 2-3 seconds per lap by tweaking the “race” setting

Anywyas

1100something, 530+something, NA v12

6 Likes

I’m seeing a very 956-esque rear end there, and i f*cking love it

i’ve gotten all of your cars and they all work fine, but PLEASE just send in the trims you intend to use.

several had some “prototype” trims.

I was getting a tenth or two at best and then errors ruined everything.

Oh the mighty glitches…when you tune for hours just so after changing body colour car gains 12kg… love it :smiley:

4 Likes

we’ve had our first falter! @Matti’s GT-P had a banned air filter, so that had to be changed to comply.

What is the final entry list?

big.

6 Likes

i’ll try and have the full entry’s out by monday/tuesday. and the results sometime after that.

12 Likes

GT-P Entry List

OAM Phoenix GT-P @Dorifto_Dorito

A tidy little FR coupe with a 221bhp Turbo V6. it’s light, economical, and pretty driveable for a boosted motor. tires are a touch on the thin side, tough. all in all a well rounded competitor that may throw something up.

Notamaro GT-P @laffinghyena

the Notamaro is a rather unique prospect. it’s got a blocky body straigt from Bowling Green, Kentucky, mated with the heart right from the depths of Nishi-ku, Yokohama. the power plant is a 2.8L Straight 6 Turbo with 255bhp. so its got the performance, but it may struggle with the fueling just a touch as it is a rather thirsty machine. +10 points for the external intercooler.

XR-85 GT-P @MarcoAlla

A V8 FF Hot Hatch? well, what ever floats yer goat, i suppose. it’s very light, coming in at just 1Kg over the minimum, but it’s rather thirsty and the 3.1L engine is not all that powerful with just 217bhp. it seems quite drivable, so it may just turn up something

Bogliq Slyde RS GT-P @HighOctaneLove

Ah, Moldovan Blue, that MUST mean a Bogliq! it’s quite the frugal beast, but thats abouth the only good thing going for it. it’s heavy at over 1000kg, and the 2.8l I6 Turbo develops just 186bhp. the slightly above average reliability probably won’t save it, either.

Schack F313ATT85GT-P SRD @Matti

An oddly retro coupe with a mouthful of a name is what Schack has brought to this competition. suprisingly, it also has a L-FWD layout mated with a 2.8L I6 Turbo. it’s power is rather phenominal at 302bhp, and it’s also pretty damn light. but, it lacks drivability and it’s kinda thirsty. it may do well, if it can overcome it’s economy shortcomings.

Maesima NRX-085GT-P @Rk38

Now this is quite something. a Prototype built to non-proto spec! those crazy-dugongs at Maesima have built themselves a very interesting beast. very frugal and very reliable, the 2.8L I6 Turbo (can you se a theme?) also puts out a respectable, if not amazing, 230bhp. though, due to the large body, this car also is somewhat of a porker, at just under 1150kg. so the economy seems to be the deciding factor for this team.

STM GT-P @stm316

Somewhat of a privateer job, this car, is 1 of 2 parts-bin entrants made by STM. it’s reliable, but thats kinda where things fall apart. it’s on the heavier side, the tires are very skinny, it drinks fuel like it’s sodie-pop, and the 4.0L V8 puts out only 200bhp. look for this one at the back of the field.

Scarab Comet GT-P @gridghost

The guys at Scarab thought they could fool us by putting 245mm tires on the rear of the car, but we soon put an end to those shenanigans. other than the slight controversy with the tires, the car is very light on fuel, but not on weight, surprisingly enough. 2.8l I-6 Turbo with 224bhp is perfectly adequate for purpose. this may be at the sharp end of the field come the 24h mark.

Smooth 1000P @AirJordan

this rather odd looking…thing, is the product of the guys over at Smooth. the 1000P is the lightest car here, coming in at 0.2Kg’s over minimum, but it’s got a bit of a drinking problem, and it’s engine is by far the smallest here. a 2.7L NA V12 that put’s out 206bhp. not the best figures. it is, however, quite a drivable machine. so it may not be as much of a flounder as it looks.

GT-R Entries will come tomorrow!

11 Likes

GT-R Entry List 1/2

MBS Vole GT-R @Dorifto_Dorito

First up, a Twin Turbo, widebody, AWD V8 hatchback. so we’re starting of pretty good. under the wild exterior, the 2.8L Turbo V8 delivers a much more tame 390bhp. other than that, it gets good economy, and it’s quite driveable. but those tires are quite skinny, so those may be an issue for cornering.

Cavallera GT-R @ramthecowy

The first protype racer to appear here if from the folks over at Cavellera. now this car is kinda on the weighty side at just under 1175kg, but it does pack a 4.0L V12 with 508bhp to make up for that. so it’s gonna be fast…but only if you can control it. it seems pretty tricky to drive, and it really likes to drink petrol. heavily. so this may perform well, but it may also become a trackside bonfire.

ErinSport CRP-3A @DeusExMackia

Next up on the list, we have the very handsome, if slightly conservative, ErinSport CRP-3A. Powered by a 391bhp, 2.8L V6 Turbo, this green beast bears pretty good statistics all round, but nothing super eye-opening, so it may do well if it can keep everything together.

Storm Xenon II GT-R @Madrias

From the deepest pits of Storm, the Xenon II seems to have been dragged through the parts bin kicking and/or screaming. this F-AWD coupe has a 4.0L V12 with 437bhp lurking under the bonnet, so power-wise, it has some potential. and it’s driveable, too. however, the tires are VERY skinny and the rear breaks are near non existant, so that mar harm the overall pace of the car.

Blackbird P286t GT-R @Speedemon

This offering from Blackbird is a little on the bland side, to be honest. clean, but no pzazz whatsoever. the 2.8L V6 turbo pumps out 421bhp, so that’s pretty good, but not amazing. the rest of the stats for this car also are pretty OK, too. so i expect to see this do pretty good, but it probably won’t set the world alight.

Hodan Sonic Class GT-R @Fayeding_Spray

All the way from Japan, Hodan have sent this rather sinister looking prototype racer. underneath, however, it’s a little less so…

Surprisingly enough, this car is M-AWD, so it’s pretty grippy and driveable for a mid engined prototype car. power is provided by a 4.0L Inline 6 which develops a paltry 321bhp. so it’s got a rather left-field choice of motor and drive line for such a car. it is pretty economical, but not the most frugal we’ve seen so far. so i don’t have high hopes, i’m afraid.

Zavir Aera GTR @szafirowy01

Zavir has been pretty bold with their entry. this Cibie loaded coupe has taken a lot of inspiration from Group B rally cars, and not just visually!

This coupe has a 2.8L V6 turbo that turns out a quite incredible 584bhp! couple that with it’s relativly low weight and it’s F-AWD system, this car is a rocket ship…

but it also drinks fuel like a rocket ship. this thing won’t even get 250km on a full tank! it’s also incredibly difficult to drive and it’s not the most reliable, either.

so expect it to set the fastest lap, pit, set another fastest lap, and then explode and/or crash.

RSR 4.0 @MarcoAlla

RSR has brought a very tidy FR coupe for this competition. the 4.0L Flatplane V8 puts out a respectable 432bhp. it’s also rather light and driveable, if a little heavy on fuel for the weight. i have relatively good expectations for this little car. so not much to say about it, but it’s got potential.

next part tomorrow!

10 Likes

Yeah, the Xenon II may have been dragged through the parts bin… several times… But we feel it may be a decent competitor.

The sonic is all about that long game.

What a line up. I’d love to see this in real life.

2 Likes

GT-R Entry List 2/2

KHT Jager @squidhead

Another M-RWD Prototype, this time form Kraft Haus Technik. this big prototype plum is a little heavier than some, but nothing offensively overweight either.

Power is provided by a 4.0L V12 pushing out a pretty remarkable 529bhp, which is made even more impressive as it’s pretty damn driveable, too.

economy is somewhat poor, but not even close to the worst we’ve seen. this is definitely one to look out for.

(Note: the car was sent as a 1986, so i had to reset the year. tut tut…)

Bamford FL Shark GTR @BailsMackenzie

Bamford sent us a car that was painted in what i like to call “Retina Incinerator Blue”. It’s very loud in coulor, but after getting past that very saturated blue, the visuals are…boring.

the car is MT-RWD, and is powered by a 4.0L V8 Flatplane with 465bhp, so pretty good, but nothing amazing. and that’s kinda how it follows for the rest of the stats. OK, but nothing remarkable. mid field for sure.

Bogliq Slyde GT-R @HighOctaneLove

Bogliq is also fielding a GT-R Spec’d Slyde for us. Powered by a hotter variant of their GT-P engine, so a 2.8L Inline 6 Turbo, but this time with 334bhp, so it has a little more pokiness here. it’s a tad overweight, but not too much, and the economy is pretty damned good, so it may throw a slight curveball at full distance.

Schack TypATT85GT-R SRD @Matti

Continuing with long ass names, Schack has brought a slightly more conventional car for the GT-R Class. this RR coupe has a lot going for it. it’s got a 4.0L V8 Flatplane with 443bhp, it’s very light, very driveable, and it’s pretty decent with fuel, though not the best. i think this may do pretty well.

DownForce GT-R @Nivracer

Looking a little like a demented Guppy, the DownForce GT-R sets out to prove that it’s no bottom-feeder…

another MT-RWD car, the 4.0L V12 in this car puts out a rather impressive 547bhp, combined with the not too high weight, this car is pretty quick.

it is, however, very thirsty, and the reliability may prove troublesome. hard to read this one, may do well, may expire early on. only time will tell…

Maesima NRZ-986GT-R @Rk38

Now, Maesima seem to have put their cars in the wrong categories. the car that seems perfect for GT-P has been built to GT-R specs, and vice versa. welp, not my place to pass judgement on that particular choice, but i must say it looks pretty mean.

Underneath, the 2.8L Turbo Inline 6 puts out a pretty damn good 470bhp, and returns respectably economy, to boot.

but, this car has one very large fly in the ointment. it’s nigh on undrivable! so this may just do alright, if the drivers can keep it from perching in the nearest oak tree.

STM GT-R @stm316

Basically a bewinged version of their GT-P, the GT-R is a touch more promising performance wise, weighing in at under 1000kg, and with it’s 2.8L Turbo V8 pushing out a relatively respectable 405bhp, it should do alright…

that is, if the fuel economy wasn’t mediocre at best, and the driveability wasn’t pretty near bottom. it could do alright, but i wouldn’t put money on it.

Scarab Comet GT-R @gridghost

Another entrant based on a GT-P entrant, the Comet GT-R follows the same formula as it’s little bro.

2.8L Inline 6 Turbo, making 370bhp, sub 1000kg weight, and pretty decent fuel economy and drivability.

nothing much more to say here, it’ll probably finish in the lower mid pack. a very conservative effort.

Smooth 1300R @AirJordan

Smooth have brought something that looks like a bored tangerine for their GT-R car. it’s got an exiting colour, but with very little visual flair.

a MR-RWD coupe, the 4.0L V8 Flatplane puts out a rather modest 341bhp, but it is very light, driveable, and has truly remarkable fuel economy. it’s 400% more efficient that the Zavir!

so this little car may just claw it’s way to a good finish, although the poor reliability may get in the way. we’ll have to see

JHW 28-12 GT-R @JohnWaldock

Yes, we’ve brought a pretty basic hack-job to the race. an MR-RWD with a 2.8L V12 Turbo delivering 386bhp.

it’s light, not very driveable at all, and with mediocre fuel economy. so you don’t have to worry about this thing doing all that well.

9 Likes

:joy:

At least it has about 40% less power :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

not kidding either.

10.2L/100km compared to 42L/100km.

3 Likes

I regret not making my engine more powerful, but I wanted to keep the drivability I had. I wonder what would’ve happened if I had gone N/A.