24 Hours of ATT: 1985 (DEADLINE: 24/2/2017)

And here’s me thinking everyone else would have 500-600hp.

We’re not quite at WSC levels I don’t think. More IMSA levels of power :wink:

Poor 822. You were such a boring porshalike that you didn’t even get a review.

I really think the F-Fraudy body is the way to go. I went with the old turtle-shell as to not get lost in a sea of clones and got lost in a sea of clones.

Whoops. Then please dial the ignition down to 92 please, and rear camber to -2.70

can do.

Yeah, I may have thought GT-P = Prototype and GT-R = GT class but I’d already got that engine from @phale by then so I thought I might as well stick to it :sweat_smile: But looks like we’ve got an impressive lineup, this should be interesting…now If only we could watch them in action!

5 Likes

I’ve a dreadful feeling my car is simply far too heavy.

Any updates @JohnWaldock? :smiley:

end of the week i should be able to have the results done.

4 Likes

#BillHire 24 Hours of ATT Official Results

1. Schack TypATT85GT-R SRD - 707 laps

2. DownForce GT-R - 681 laps

3. MBS Vole GT-R - 675 laps

4. Cavallera GT-R - 669 laps

5. ErinSport CRP-3A GT-R - 667 laps

6. Blackbird P286t GT-R - 665 laps

7. Storm Xenon II GT-R - 665 laps

8. Maesima NRZ-986 GT-R - 661 laps

9. Bamford FL Shark GT-R - 659 laps

10. Bogliq Slyde GT-R - 658 laps

11. XR 85 GT-P - 655 laps

12. Notamaro GT-P - 654 laps

13. Smooth 1000P GT-P - 653 laps

14. OAM Phoenix GT-P - 628 laps

15. STM GT-P - 610 laps

16. Maesima NRX-085 GT-P - 585 laps (DNF/Spun Off)

17. KHT Jager GT-R - 566 laps (DNF/ Clutch)

18. Scarab Comet GT-P - 562 laps (DNF/ Accident)

19. Smooth 1300R GT-R - 541 laps (DNF/ Fuel Pump)

20. Schack F313ATT85GT-P SRD - 487 laps (DNF/ Accident)

21. Bogliq Slyde RS GT-P - 469 laps (DNF/ Gearbox)

22. Hodan Sonic Class GT-R - 376 laps (DNF/ Driveline)

23. JHW 28-12T GT-R - 312 laps (DNF/ Accident)

24. Scarab Comet GT-R - 297 laps (DNF/ Turbo)

25. STM GT-R - 234 laps (DNF/ Gearbox)

26. RSR 4.0 GTR - 197 laps (DNF/ Engine)

27. Zavir Aera GT-R - 78 laps (DNF/Turbo + Accident)

SO Congrats to both @Matti and @MarcoAlla for winning in the respective classes, and bad luck to those who retired.

16 Likes

Ill happily take third in the GTR and 4th in the GTP. Thanks for the great challenge!

2 Likes

Well done to @Matti on a seriously impressive victory, 25+ laps ahead of the next position! By the looks of things, @ramthecowy, @Speedemon, @Madrias and I had some close knit battles throughout the race. Cheers for hosting this @JohnWaldock!

5 Likes

Awesome challenge @JohnWaldock! I can’t believe against all odds it was the nearly undrivable NRZ-986 GT-R that somehow stayed on track and even made it to the top ten to boot! Congrats to @Matti, @MarcoAlla and I’m glad to see Erin, Cavallera and Storm up there. Although it’s sad to see our GT-P effort spin out (Alas, 'twas not to be @phale)

6 Likes

luck of the RNG is all powerful.

4 Likes

Congrats to @Matti and everyone else who contended! I did better than I expected with a relatively under-powered car. Thanks to @JohnWaldock for hosting this competition!

2 Likes

Lolz, that’s why Zavir didn’t trust turbos again until the mid 90s :smile:

2 Likes

Yikes! My first win ever on a challenge!
Congrats to @MarcoAlla for the GT-P win and thanks @JohnWaldock for hosting!

4 Likes

True. And again, it shows that wildly varying strategies paid off. I went naturally-aspirated 4L V12 and aimed for reasonable power and fuel efficiency, and while in that group of 4, I’m last, I’m still in the top 10.

By the looks of it, you and @ramthecowy battled most of the way around the track, though perhaps a pit stop put you a couple laps behind. @Speedemon and myself seem to have spent a good chunk of the race dueling between our two cars.

And also, well done and congratulations to the winners, and thank you @JohnWaldock for hosting this. It was fun building the cars, and I’m glad to see that such a wide variety of strategies were able to compete on the track.

7 Likes

@Matti congrats!
@JohnWaldock thanks for hosting :smile:

@DeusExMackia it certainly does appear so, but it also appears I just had exceedingly good luck as my car was rather heavy and had a pretty low top speed, yet still made it to 4th place overall!

4 Likes

@ramthecowy Ikr? The rules for this competition seemed to have worked brilliant, so many different approaches all doing well.

5 Likes