4x4 with locked 0F/100R power distribution

I used 4x4 Longitudinal drive type, and the power distrubution is locked 0F/100R, should it be something like 50/50 or am I missing something here ?

The power distribution slider only activates using AWD.
If I remember correctly, when choosing 4x4 the game treats the car as RWD for most calculations except off-road stuff (like utility), just like in real you won’t use 4x4 on asphalt daily driving situations :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks for explanation

This is entirely correct.

4x4 is meant to represent selectable AWD.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have a choice between 100% RWD and 100% FWD for 4x4 drives, considering both are possible

I’m curious, what are some FWD+4x4 vehicles?

There are quite a few. Somewhere depth in the forum someone post a list of front transverse 4x4 vehicles (I guess it’s the same as FWD+4x4).
Can’t find the thread, but the only name I remember is the 1st gen fiat panda.

1 Like
2 Likes

There are so many different variations of AWD/4X4 including some that would technically be AWD with the handling benefits of such and still be able to shift and lock in to what would be more considered a 4X4 giving the benefits of a full 4X4.

The only limitations in the game is how much coding time the devs want to put in for a feature that quite frankly isn’t as popular with most of the users as go-fast cars are.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget the new intelligent AWD systems. The car’s FWD (or RWD) most of the time, with AWD coming on when slippage is detected.

3 Likes