67th International Motor Show Germany (Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung) [2017 Frankfurt Motor Show]

Well guess I’ll have to wait till the next auto show to post the rest of the new cars I made. DIdn’t even get to my big reveal lol. I guess the cars currently in the AL Autos Booth will have to do for now.

Final thoughts

8 Likes

I’ll take 1 out of 2, much better than I was expecting tbh :rofl:

If Mr. Gavin would like to take any of the Miller cars for a spin, I know a guy who knows a guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Paris motor show only takes place on even-numbered years. Frankfurt hosts its own show on the odd-numbered years. So logically, the next auto show will be the one in Tokyo, then another in Los Angeles.

And I was as disappointed as you were about the new Montauk’s styling. From the front, it doesn’t look different enough from its predecessor (and unusually bland to boot), and the plain rear fascia doesn’t seem memorable enough for anyone following it. At least it’s fast enough to be a true muscle car… But Petoskey’s stylists need to find a way to hide their exhaust tips. And their vaunted Scramjet engine deserves to be in a better-looking car anyway.

2 Likes

Saminda revealed the C5000R ‘‘Concept’’ at Frankfurt Auto Show

4 Likes

Welcome to the first round of voting for the IAA 2017 awards. In this initial round, we will be voting for the best car in each category, with the winners going on to the second round of voting which will decide the ‘Best In Show’ winner.

In the event of a tie, the adjudicator (myself) will choose a winner to go though to the Best In Show round, though both cars will be awarded Best In Category.

This vote will only consist of brand new cars that have been revealed at the show.

One car per manufacturer per category, one vote per person per category, you can vote for your own cars, and that’s that. Best of luck to everyone!

Not every car has been included in here, either because there weren’t enough similar vehicles for it to fall into a category or because the company released a large number of vehicles and only a few were selected. Without further ado, let us begin!

Best Sports/GT/Super Car

Best Compact (A- to C-Segment) Car

Best Saloon (D-Segment and larger) Car

Typo - Ridgewell-Jeong Motors Eden Concept is supposed to be 2018 Sachiuri SLR800. I apologize for any miscommunication.

Best Concept Car

5 Likes

Epilogue:

I’ve changed the Opera yet again, and re-added the Velocitas for 2018. Unusual for me it’s now running a smaller engine (5.8L vs 6.4L) with similar or better power figures (840hp/1110Nm vs 820hp/1220Nm). Also new is a back to basics approach to the suspension. The 2018 redesign does NOT utilize active suspension components anymore, in their place are special-order IMR competition components with a fixed setup. A tweaked Aero package reduces drag at high speeds.

The end results of the revamp are nearly 200kg in weight loss over the 2016 rendition, a slight reduction in price and most importantly a rather noticeable increase in top speed from 361kph to 374kph.

5 Likes

Turning a big saloon into a supercar slayer is tough, but you pulled it off, and surprisingly, it looks ace in bright green! Lowering the weight and price of the revised model (which is also faster to boot) clearly helped.

Are those suicide door handles? They are suicide door handles aren’t they!

1 Like