A Journey Through Time Round3 - 1955 [CLOSED][UE4]

That’s OK, I’ll continue to update the story as the information comes in… I just thought that since you were handing out the cash that the scoring was over!

My bad, lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Dr. Hadley was “13” for 3 seasons, and that didn’t make her life any worse… apart from terminal condition… and non existent love life… and prison… and boss being an ass… and… hmmmmmm I might re-think this “Unlucky 13 does not exist” policy I got

In any case. Cool to see you going ahead with the challenge. One thing I might ask for is better formating though. And it’s a minor thing, but listing the cars from “best scoring” to “worst scoring” or backwards would go a long way in terms of better reading…

Meanwhile in Wasp headquarters - “WE NEED MORE PICKUP TRUCKS! NOW!!! THERE ARE TOO MANY CHAIRS IN USA AT THE MOMENT!!!”

Edit : @Imperator Oh, and I usually reserve a spot for that in 2nd or 3rd (or both) posts of the threads for results. That way the results are always on top of the page, and are easy to find. I found it to be the best option.

2 Likes

Meanwhile in the Cugnot HQ.

C’est la vie. we made a van with the bits and pieces we had even the paint is a nazi leftover,

You may have to wait one or two day s longer as I have no computer D:

2 Likes

Important piece of advice, if you’re hosting and can’t update in time it’s ALWAYS good to inform the community about it. There’s no chance the community will push you to release update now, they understand. It also keeps people informed and nobody goes on posting stuff like “ITS BEEN A WEEK I WANT UPDATE NAO”.
So yeah. Good job.

OK, I’ve got my computer back.
The Way I’m gonna do this from now on as I will put up my scores 1 by 1 with all their stats and write-ups, followed by a leader board at the end.

3 Likes

ANALYSIS #1 PONNI MOTORS

RELATION TO ERA

It is unfortunate that the advert talks about fm radios that aren’t even invented yet, and the engine Is unrealistic large and expensive. However, apart from the indicators the design is near perfect

DESIGN

The Ponni Familine’s design reflects the era very well in terms of design, its just a pity that its stats in terms of its engine and the FM radio! Anyways, It has a very simplistic yet very effective rear!
Also The amount of chrome is nice and not excessive.

Meanwhile, the sides have their contours marked well with chrome, although the windscreen near the front is very oddly shaped, it seems to almost poke out, then in, then back out again. Other then that it is pretty nice!

Now for the front. The only complaint I have here is that although the indicators are nicely integrated, they are out of era a little, probably just me being picky

ENGINE

As I mentioned in the ‘relation to era’, the engine is a bit overpowered and expensive. You can see here that 5400cc is overpowered, and you can see on the left that it is aiming quite highly at premium, but to be fair it wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be! It is also quite reliable.

With dual baffled exhaust that is quiet makes it very appealing as an everyday sort of car

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION

The car has extremely race orientated brakes, which is a little weird considering the market it is aiming at.

however with luxury seats, AM (NOT FM) radio, and advanced safety fits the market very well.

CAR ADVERTISEMENT

Very sellable, however the advert doesn’t suit the era. For one there is colour, but it gives good explanation on car features and makes me want to buy it

SELLABILITY

Although it is a little expensive, it suits the premium family car very well. Its buyability is at about 75% overall, which is OK, but not brilliant

OVERALL

RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 8/10
ENGINE - 2/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 5/10
SELLLABILITY - 6/10

OVERALL - 27/45
EARNINGS - £27000

5 Likes

ANALYSIS #2 Manche

RELATION TO ERA

Overly slow and probably couldn’t really move and would only be used for very heavy haul jobs and is not useful for much else. Very Realistic Front design however

DESIGN

The Furgonette targets a much needed category to help rebuild a ravaged Europe. However, the sheer size of it makes it extremely heavy, and its small engine literally makes it a crawler. The front is quite realistic and resembles a VW Camper, however the indicators stick out a little

Unfortunately the side is very bland and contains no eye catching features

There is an improvement on the back of the van but a little chrome would have been nice

ENGINE

As mentioned earlier, the engoine is quite underwhelming for a van and its as if the company has taken it out of a small car and stuck it in a van

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION

The Brakes are very suitable however, with a good brake bias and pad type.

Now this really surprised me, basic interior with no radio, very cheap which is as per the hint I gave, yet youll see in the next section this doesn’t help

CAR ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY A FULLY BLACK AND WHITE ADVERT!!! No car stats, innovative language or price however…

SELLABILITY

EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE and no body can buy it unfortunately

OVERALL

RELATION TO ERA - 2/5
DESIGN - 4/10
ENGINE - 1/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 2/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 5/10
SELLLABILITY - 3/10

OVERALL - 17/45
EARNINGS - £17000

3 Likes

ANALYSIS #3 LLA

RELATION TO ERA

Sporty, but due to its low price with inflation £600 it is a very good car and would probably sell well. Not too sure on the front grill. However the lights and bumper bar are very 40’s.

DESIGN

The TFR1 has a very accurate Front, and although the paint is very dazzling and there is to me not enough chrome, however the way the badge is designed is good and overall a pretty average front

Now this i really like! the chrome line is very detailed and the introduction of the vent by the indicator gives it a feel different to most other cars. The slanted handle fits the contour of the car and the chrome and the wheels are very typical for the era

I’m going to have to give you the benefit of the doubt here, I cant see any taillights yet I’m subscribed to all the tail light mods I could find. However I will give the benefit of the doubt. The contour chrome line fits the back end as well and the badge is nicely integrated within the design,

ENGINE

The 2000cc i4 is of a nice size, and compliments the car. It is very economical for its time and is overall a very good engine.

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION

The Brakes are very suitable however, with a good brake bias and pad type.

Although there is no entertainment, the car has standard rather than basic seats, and considering it is quite a cheap car it suits it well

CAR ADVERTISEMENT

Price is not inflated, nevermind. However it was not on the brief so I wont mark you down. What does ‘peppy’ mean?!?! Good humour and originality however.

SELLABILITY

A little too expensive for its main category (Pony), however it suits the premium market very well.

OVERALL

RELATION TO ERA - 4/5
DESIGN - 6/10
ENGINE - 4/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 7/10
SELLLABILITY - 7/10

OVERALL - 31/45
EARNINGS - £31000

6 Likes

ANALYSIS #4 Olympus Motors

RELATION TO ERA

Extremely suitable design, Very 'chromafied’ but it is a little too expensive for post war Europe, especially seeming it has to be imported. Yes i know it fits the GT class well but I hinted that the cars should be cheap

DESIGN

What a unique and lovely shape! Not sure on the frint grills but the headlights and taillights are perfect!

I’ve never been so happy at a back porthole window before, it looks brilliant! Also the chrome lines are unique and add a layer of prestige onto the car.

Again, you’ve pushed the boat out a little bit and created a unique look, the taillights aren’t to my tastes but then again I don’t represent everyone

ENGINE

Pretty overkill with a 3000cc I6 but it fits the car and the fact it is a ‘GT’, but doesn’t fit the brief to well as to export a hand made American car costs alot

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION

The Brakes are very suitable however, with a good brake bias and pad type which fits the bill very nicely

HOLY MOLY! I can see why it costs so much!! Very nice but doesn’t fit the circumstances unfortunately

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
Extremely good description, maybe a little too long. Try and summarize it better before going into more depth. Where is the car stats?
SELLABILITY
Fits the GT and Luxury class well but it was not what was really asked for, very little families can buy this and it wont help rebuilding either.

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 8/10
ENGINE - 2/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 2/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 7/10
SELLLABILITY - 3/10

OVERALL - 25/45
EARNINGS - £25000

6 Likes

ANALYSIS #5 LMC

RELATION TO ERA

This is probably the best premium car in the competition, however it is a little too 50’s. However it has a suitable range of styles however.

Design

Probably the most unique grill of them all! Very different and 40’s looking

It may just be me but it looks slightly out of era, maybe a little 50’s due to the overly streamlined and sporty shape. You would see this on a formula 1 race track not on every day use, (yet)

The rear tail lights are also out of era, however apart from that it is pretty much ok.

ENGINE

One of the smallest engines on the grid but that is not a bad thing. With a 1300cc I4 it fits the cheap family class well and is probably the best engine

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION

The Brakes are very suitable however, with a good brake bias and pad type which fits the bill very nicely

ahhhhhh. Finally a nice setup :slight_smile: Makes me happy. Nice and cheap but also very nice to drive and use!

CAR ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure what the customers would think about no wing mirrors but I doubt it would be good, mirrors are not essential in 1946 though, some cars didn’t have them. Good inflated price but more provocative language would be nice

SELLABILITY

wow… No words needed

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 5/10
ENGINE - 5/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 4/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 6/10
SELLLABILITY - 9/10

OVERALL - 32/45
EARNINGS - £32000

5 Likes

Sore you for being quite late ge with this I. irl commitment and are really hitting me hard. I promise I will get the scores in and the next round will start tomorrow

4 Likes

Not trying to be impatient here, but is this going to be completed?

I have been in contact with @Imperator and due to some construction in his house at the moment he isn’t able to get to his computer to finish the round atm, he told me it would be in the next week if everything is hopeful.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

I’m so sorry Gus, I’m finally back, building works and internet issues have been the bane of my life recently, I promise I will get the rest of it sorted out today @everyone

2 Likes

ANALYSIS #6 Bogliq

RELATION TO ERA

Grill isn’t overly suitable for the era, they tend to be rounded and large single shaped and it looks like it is too high up. It is also a little too modern of a colour, however on the whole, quite ok.

DESIGN

As said in the era relation the grill is a bit out of place and out of touch, however the rest of the front is very blocky like with everything sticking out which was very typical and it suits the body well.

Not sure why you would want to be pumping leaded petrol into the head of the person sitting in the backseat but oh well. There is also quite a lack of chrome :frowning:

Very unique choice of tail lights which again the fact that they protrude from the car makes it very unique yet typical. Again a lack of chrome but I think I’m just getting a little too picky at this point.

ENGINE

Nice sized 1200cc sized engine which suits a budget car nicely, nothing much to say here really

Now this is a major problem, see for yourself. The gears are way too long…

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION

Again, very basic and suitable for a budget car

Nothing to complain about here

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
COLOUR PICTURES!!! However where is the car stats? I Don’t seem to be getting any overwhelming feelings unfortunately Will the rivalry be off putting? Only time will tell.

SELLABILITY

Even though it is suited to be a budget car, the amount of people who will buy it isn’t too good, but it does have good sell ability overall and it fits many sectors

However to experiment I adjusted the gearing and got a better result for the budget category,

OVERALL

RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 6/10
ENGINE - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 6/10
SELLLABILITY - 6/10
OVERALL - 28/45
EARNINGS - £28000

ANALYSIS #7 Wasp

RELATION TO ERA

Extremely suitable, can be used both for cleanup, transport and for everyday use Very well 'chromafied’ and has a Realistic Front which outplays all entries so far.

DESIGN

My favourite! This car is imaginative and clearly an awful lot of time has gone into designing this. Nice amounts of chrome and the linings, the headlights and the mirrors suit the car perfectly.

Again, the triple chrome lines create a striking piece of imagination and as a whole it does blow everything out of the water, you havent even seen the rear yet

Nothing comes close

Like with Luke’s car I will give you the benefit of the doubt in regards to the lack of tail lights.

ENGINE

3500cc may be a little too much, but it isn’t overboard. It is a post war mover however.

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION

Again, very basic and suitable for a budget vehicle

Nothing to complain about here either

CAR ADVERTISEMENT

Probably the most suitable car! COLOUR PICTURES! Could do with some More innovative language and there are no car stats?

SELLABILITY

IT’s a bit meh I guess, such a pity, way too expensive due to the large engine for the budget sectors unfortunately

OVERALL

RELATION TO ERA - 5/5
DESIGN - 8/10
ENGINE - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 7/10
SELLLABILITY - 5/10
OVERALL - 30/45
EARNINGS - £30000

ANALYSIS #8 Ardent

RELATION TO ERA

Very realistic with a wide range of models. it has a rather Typical engine, and although it aims a little high up it is in a good way

Design

Simplistic but in a good way, the midnight boasts a sleek black design with minimalistic looks. Sorry mate but I aint a fan of the grills.

Maybe this is a little too simplistic, the lack of the chrome and the fact that I cant even see the door partition, however it suits the name lol, if that was parked side on in the dark you would walk into it!

Again the theme carries on, nothing too much here, nice and simplistic.

ENGINE

A nice 1600 cc engine which fits well.

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
Again, very basic and suitable for a Medium budget car

Nothing to complain about here either

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
Range covers multiple markets and that advert makes me want to jump into a time machine, NICE!

SELLABILITY
IT’s a bit meh I guess, such a pity again like with your rival. Does fit a rather weird set of tabs but.

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 4/5
DESIGN - 6/10
ENGINE - 4/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 6/10
SELLLABILITY - 6/10
OVERALL - 30/45
EARNINGS - £30000

2 Likes

ANALYSIS #9 ABR

RELATION TO ERA

Indicator is too modern and the grill is a little to small as cooling was a problem in the 40’s as well as the rear tail light. Other then that it is pretty good.

DESIGN

Sorry but I’m really nota fan of the front, the modern indicators and small grill, and the chrome lines that don’t fully follow the contour, oh well.

Good balance between overdoing it and underdoing it. HAs a nice amount of chrome and the unique door handles adds a nice little touch

Call me the most pickiest person, but one thing I absolutely cannot stand is wonky lettering!

ENGINE
1000 cc engine? Ill guess ill se whether it is good or not which fits well. Would be very budget like

To be fair I was expecting a lot worse!

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
Again, very basic and suitable for a budget car

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
COLOUR (enters a state of depression at the lack of b&w). Not an inflated price, never mind doesn’t really matter, Just watch your spelling and punctuation.

SELLABILITY
OOF.would have been a very good selling car but 27% Comfort Penalty, that hurts, Literally.

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 5/10
ENGINE - 4/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 5/10
SELLLABILITY - 6/10
OVERALL - 27/45
EARNINGS - £27000