A Journey Through Time Round3 - 1955 [CLOSED][UE4]

Takemi Motors could you send me pictures of your van? Imgetting some weird things happening with yours as you can see below

Things are out of line, body shape is distorted, floating objects et cetera

add-ons## ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #6 LeDorean

RELATION TO ERA
The car is very prestigious and Rolls Royce like. The slightly too modern grill does spoil things a little but there are plenty of stylish and innovative features that are on the car, down to my personal tastes I absolutely hate the paint, reminds me of Rhubarb and Custard (something I cant stand!). But on the whole, pretty good
3/5

DESIGN
As mentioned in the relation to era, the grill is quite modern and would be seen much until later decades. However, the badge is in the right place, the headlights are accurate and the bumper bar is quite unique

Apart from what is to me a very revolting paint scheme, the simplicity actually does work. However i would have liked the chrome linings a bit wider to resemble the window chrome better.

The large amounts of innovation on the rear rounds off the car quite nicely. Even with the paint scheme, i would be enjoying driving behind this due to it being so unique and eye catching.

7/10

ENGINE
with a medium sized 2200cc i6 engine, something that hasn’t been seen yet in either round is a bit powerful but it depends on the add-ons and the suspension and all that as to whether it fits the car as a whole.

Not too sure as to why a triple carburettor has been used as a double would have done just fine.

The engine is a little noisy as well.

3/5 same as last time

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
Why are the gears so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong?

The add-ons do fit the type of prestigious car quite well on the other hand

3/5

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
Although there is colour in the advert, the extremely innovative language, backstory and car stats are really nice, still no price however
7/10

SELLABILITY
A little disappointing unfortunately, only 1 category above 100, however the affordability for medium and premium (which is what it aims for) is very good, however it isn’t scoring highly in those sectors.

6/10

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 7/10
ENGINE - 3/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 7/10
SELLLABILITY - 6/10
OVERALL - 29/45
EARNINGS - £29000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £46000

2 Likes

This I will agree on. It looks like a modern take on a classic car. The colour on the other hand I find just lovely

1 Like

I’ll also say this as well. I like that particular combo, but would go red below and cream on top. But that’s the beauty of having cars in many colors… some may like one scheme while others don’t. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The grill was actually a bit of an experiment to see if you can abuse a modern fixture to look vintage. Obviously, it didn’t work out quite as well as I’d hoped :sweat_smile: Otherwise quite happy with the review - thanks for going through the effort, @Imperator

I’m a bit confused about my total 46k$, though (as well as the “same as last time”-remark on the engine scoring), as I only entered in this round… maybe you erroneously assigned me the rd1 score of someone else?

What happened bastor as I said quite awhile ago is that you got the start of the lowest scoring car from the last round, it means that you can still keep up with the people starting with round 1

2 Likes

ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #7 Wasp

RELATION TO ERA
After a good success from the last round, Wasp motors are trying to broaden their horizons by entering into the family market with the Meteor. Many design charecterstics especially the front were reimplemented in the Meteor, maintaining the feel and unfortunately the V8 was quite large at 3534cc and automatics were pretty terrible in this era, leaving for a less reliable and expensive sedan
3/5 -2 from last round

DESIGN
As mentioned in the relation to era, the grill is very similar and a throwback to 4 years ago. However, the badge is in the right place, the headlights are accurate and the bumper bar is quite unique. The front is overall very similar and maintains the high design marks achieved from round 1

Ann expansion of the good marks achieved on the sides form last round, wasp has implemented more of its innovative triple chrome lines, furthering it to something that looks even nicer.

An improvement from last round, less innovation but more polish, it looks like a fully finished rear compared to last time

9/10 +1 from last time

ENGINE
With a large v8 engine, it is a little overpowered which reflects in the fact that it is a bit too expensive even for the premium sectors. However, it is an uplifted engine from last round so it does get an extra 1 point

A single exhaust double reverse flow does negate what used to be very loud V8 engines however.

3/5 same as last time

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
As i said in the relation to era, an automatic is a pretty terrible choice in the 1950s, they were pretty terrible, an automatic 3.5 litre V8 is a bit of a waste, all of that raw power inside a 2 speed engine? It breaks my heart…

However, it does use premium entertainment and interior which fits nicely

2/5 -2 from last time

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
The extremely innovative language, backstory and car stats are really nice, still no price however which makes me sad
7/10 same as last time

SELLABILITY
Quite the improvement from last round, 4 above 100 compared to only 1 last round, the affordability’s are pretty average

7/10 +2 from last round

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 9/10
ENGINE - 3/5 +1 for partial reuse
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 2/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 7/10
SELLLABILITY - 7/10
OVERALL - 32/45
EARNINGS - £32000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £62000

2 Likes

ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #8 Grehet Motoring

RELATION TO ERA
A new company is on the scene, albeit technically over the deadline but oh well. This slight beetle look alike boasts a modest 1960cc I4 that fits an economical and reliable commuter style car that is also cheap. It is the first true long ranger of the series and if the company plays its cards right, it could be very successful
5/5 nothing to fault really

DESIGN
I can see that you have tried to make this car as historically correct as possible. For example the single wing mirror, the square grill and no coloured front lights make a very accurate car indeed.

There are a lot of hints of the Wasp’s first car in this side, maybe some tit for tat rivalry could be in order? (ya know, trying to bump the lore up)

The rear however is not to my taste however, its more just to personal tastes but the chrome lines don’t agree with me. On the whole though the front and side carry the rear so

8/10

ENGINE
With a modest and economical 1980cc I4 which is quite powerful but still very economical it provides a balance rarely seen so far

Again, the single barrel eco setup with a standard intake and single carburettor, the car is very realistic.

5/5 same as last time

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
The gears do look a bit long, but after playing around with it i noticed with a 3 speed manual, it was actually the best way to go about it, which surprised me.

The basic interior with no entertainment fits the budget commuter setup very nicely as well

4/5

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
This may just be my favourite car advertisement so far. There are no complaints whatsoever and the photo has even be made grainy in the process.
9/10

SELLABILITY
10 above 100 competitiveness!!!, the affordability’s are pretty average

9/10

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 5/5
DESIGN - 8/10
ENGINE - 5/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 4/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 9/10
SELLLABILITY - 9/10
OVERALL - 40/45 BEST SO FAR
EARNINGS - £40000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £57000

2 Likes

ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #9 Olympus Motors

RELATION TO ERA
If that car was going to come towards you at night you will be blinded by all that chrome!!! I cant even see the intake part of the grill which is a bit unrealistic as that would mean not a lot of air is getting to the engine, and in this era car engines need a lot of air! 2600cc i 6 is a little big but not as drastic as some cars this round.
4/5

DESIGN
As mentioned before, i used to say there was never such thing as too much chrome, however I think I may have met my match. It is quite overwhelming to be honest

The indicator seems to be glitching out unfortunately. And there is a lack of chrome. If you want to go heavy chrome at least be consistent with it!

A wheel! Wow! OK! That was a secret surprise!. Not a fan of the rear lights however

6/10 +1 from last round

ENGINE
With a slightly overkill but not like unrealistic and unsellable, 2605cc I6 engine, however the 4 valve overhead cam is overkill.

Everything else is pretty standard
3/5 -2 from last round

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
GIMME A BREAK! :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: Yet another automatic, yes I know the game seems to give you more competitive points but its so unpractical for the era :sob: :sob:

3/5

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
apart from the fact that it is in colour, it is quite a nice advert in terms of the language, but there still is a lack of car selling, even though you have a nice background story
6/10

SELLABILITY
Meh i guess. Although there are 5 above 100 competitiveness they aren’t in the same sort of block, ranging from off-road, to commuter, to convertible. Also, most areas are in the premium due to the price.

6/10

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 4/5
DESIGN - 6/10
ENGINE - 3/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 6/10
SELLLABILITY - 6/10
OVERALL - 28/45
EARNINGS - £28000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £60000

2 Likes

just waiting on @Nicholander to send me his pictures then I will do the final report, give the results then get the next round on the way. Ive made a promise that everything will run smoothly so ive got a lot of work on my hands

I get it that its your opinion, but could you explain how on earth this scores highest in terms of design.

1 Like

You’ve still got several cars to go this round, I believe… I haven’t seen mine or HighOctaneLove’s.

Here’s the link Vic to my car’s review

But don’t forget the Ardent! How else am I to know how well our rivalry’s doing!?!?!? :crazy_face:

1 Like

The chrome trim under the window on the side of the Grehet… I wish I thought of that :frowning:

1 Like

In all fairness, the glitching took out a bit of my chrome in profile. The rocker panel is chrome, even though it appears white. The side indicator is in a chrome lined, faux vent, and the rear taillight chrome is supposed to wrap all around the tailfin.

Yeah I downloaded all the cars at once and therefore missed a few out somehow. Will get them all done now seeming ive got my reply back

@VicVictory I checked you haven’t sent me your car… I really need to get the ball rolling so unless you can get it to me quickly i might have to give you minimum points this round
@HighOctaneLove IVE DONE YOUR CAR???
@Nicholander I will do yours now

The equivalent of this, a prototype made by Land Rover in 1956, which was a pioneer of its time, shares multiple features with this car. The headlights and indicators contain the grills in front of it which were very popular in this era but he is the only person to use it. The off centred number plate is very realistic compared to others as it was ware to have the front number plate in the centre, it was usually off to the left like this one. The only thing i could slightly complain of is that these types of wing mirrors weren’t used in Land Rover, however they still fit the car

I count 11 fixtures on it’s front end.

Many of the designs you counted lower have more, and are more expertly used. They feel lazily slapped on, like it was a last minute design. Like others have pointed out, I see no relation to the Series 1 Land Rover at all. It also lacks the Era Correct use of Chrome. I see you missed that point. If anything, at least to me, it is the most out-of-place and least fitting design of the lot.

ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #10 Takemi Motors

RELATION TO ERA
Your company is still taking a hit unfortunately due to the fact that kei cars only start kicking off in 1955, when the engine upper limit was increased to 360cc. So again you are going to struggle a little bit, however I do expect a proper kei car in 1955 with the 360cc limit!

On the whole, the car is going to struggle a little bit. The market really isn’t their yet for small vans with extremely small engines, (even though 38 horsepower isn’t all that bad), however you even admitted this in round 1. Overall, you’ve done well considering that Automation really doesn’t like people making kei cars you’ve managed to makes something that is profitable in the markets and still looks good
4/5

DESIGN
Round headlights and indicators can be seen on a lot of 1950’s kei style cars. However, a lot of these real life cars havevery small intakes which are fine as of course the engine is tiny, while yours does seem a little big. Is that because of automation limitations? If so, you could use slightly more innovative intakes which cant be easily seen so that you could maintain that historically correct look.

While it is ok to have a bland kei front, the sides are very bland and a little too simple. Try and at least add some sort of eye catching feature, as these cars didn’t sell well in this era you would have needed to push the boat out a little more to bring buyers in, not just from Japan itself.

On the rear, there is again a lack of chrome features and although like i said this was common in later kei cars, earlier kei cars did have more chrome. A go0od example of all this is the Subaru 360 (Yes, because of all you criticisers I’m now supplying evidence with what I say, TY!)

7/10 +1 from last round

ENGINE
The engine is a full reuse from last rounds car, allowing for 2 extra points along with the same score as last round as the engine is still relevant
3/5 +2, +2 from last round

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
The gearing is exactly the same as the last round, as well as the basic interior, along with the fact it is the same body you get another +2
4/5 +2, +2 from last round

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
I have a life… I aint attempting to translate that. However the correct language and correct style of advertisement I cant say much.
7/10

SELLABILITY
Unfortunately the results don’t seem to be as good as last time. There is one less 100+ competitiveness categories, and one which they share (city) the affordability is less

5/10 -2 from last round

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 4/5
DESIGN - 7/10
ENGINE - 3/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 4/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 7/10
SELLLABILITY - 5/10 +4 from last round.
OVERALL - 34/45
EARNINGS - £65000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £65000

3 Likes