A Journey Through Time Round3 - 1955 [CLOSED][UE4]

Entries are closed. Judging will begin either tonight or Friday

fuuuuuug i didn’t see the deadline. can i submit right now?
it’s finished, just not submitted yet

If you get your advert by the time is start judging your car it’s ok

ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #1 Manche

RELATION TO ERA
A significant improvement on last round. A cheap and affordable yet still competitive. The car design and the parts used are appropriate to the era and compared with last round there isn’t anything I can complain about!
5/5 +1 from last round! :slight_smile:

DESIGN
As I said before, it is a significant improvement. It is clear that you have taken the comments onboard very well. The grill maintains a similar style to the previous vehicle yet is slightly modernised. However there is a slight error of mirroring where the two sets of headlights are different. One of them is indented and one isn’t. See below

To be fair, until now I would never have thought that a black and mint colour scheme would work, but you have proven me completely wrong. You also took my advice on adding more chrome, which makes the car look significantly better in my eyes

One thing you will need to watch out in future cars is that your rear headlights chrome fitting is clipping out a little bit and making a weird shadow on the lips at the side of the car. Apart from the lack of a badge there is nothing else bad to comment on!

7/10 +1 from last round! :slight_smile:

ENGINE
You have recycled the previous round’s engine which was quite a good engine and while it was underpowered for a van it is perfectly suitable for a sedan. You will get bonus points as highlighted at the end for this as it will bring costs down and increase reliability in the real world.

The engine seems to be slightly optimised, reaching an extra 5 horsepower from the last engine used. The two reverse flow mufflers make for a nice and quiet purring sound from the engine which loudness was a problem in this era.

4/5 Same as last time

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
The 4 speed manual gearbox results in an output of 97 miles an hour, which considering the cheap engine is very good! There is also very little wheel spin at 1.5%

I am a little surprised that for the type of car you are not using hard long life tyres however. The budget reliable sedan would work better with long life tyres.

I can increase the drivability and sportiness by evening out the brake balance as it is rather extreme

The seats and entertainment fit the car well, nothing out of the ordinary here.

3/5 +1 from last time :slight_smile:

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
You have included a price which wasn’t included in the previous advert. However car stats and innovative language are still not on the level of other advertisements, definitely an improvement!
6/10 +1 from last time :slight_smile:

SELLABILITY
The car sells in a very large range of areas with a whopping 11 categories over 100! Also, the car is affordable for the middle classes aswell.

9/10 +6 from last time :smile:

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 5/5
DESIGN - 7/10
ENGINE - 4/5 BONUS 1 POINT FOR PARTIALLY RECYCLING ENGINE
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 6/10
SELLLABILITY - 9/10
OVERALL - 35/45
EARNINGS - £35000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £52000

Please can you message below how you like this advert. It is more detailed and fairer from the last round!

5 Likes

Much better

am i too late?

it was my bad anyway. (may i suggest at least making it BOLD though?)

go on then… never again howerver

Well… poop :frowning:
I will continue to built American style, but will open up the factory in Europe and create a “Ford of Europe” kind of thing… but “Wasp of Europe”

3 Likes

that’s kind of what I did

In case you were still waiting for more input, Imperator… Yes, love your new format… pls to review some more. :smiley:

IM literally typing up the next one now lol

1 Like

ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #2 Bogliq

RELATION TO ERA
There are some improvements from last round, such as in the grill, and the chrome has been increased to a nice amount. Also, there is a lot more innovation in this car as I found the previous round’s car quite bland. The colour is still a little too modern however, and the gold wheels, like seriously lol?
3/5 No improvement overall

DESIGN
As I said just mentioned, there is a significant higher level of innovation in the design side, apart from those yellow lights which I still hate, however on the whole you have taken the comments on board and listened to them. The grill is completely different from last round which is a good thing.

The paint scheme on the side is to modern and the coloured wheels are practically non existent in this era. However unlike the previous car the chrome lining fills a hole that the other car couldn’t fit. At least this time the guy at the back isn’t having petrol poured on him via the fuel cap!

This is probably my favourite rear end so far in the two rounds. Simplistic yet stylish and ends of the car quite well.

7/10 +1 from last round!

ENGINE
ok… the first I6 of the series. Until future images I cant comment too much on whether this is effective or not, but the 2200cc engine is bigger then most and has nearly the same horsepower as Manche’s engine which is a smaller I4.

3/5 Same as last time

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
Automatics are terrible in this era… RIP Bogliq…

Standard seats are three preferred really for this era

2/5 -2 from last time

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
Finally a really good advert!!!
9/10

SELLABILITY
There is an improvement from last time, but it is pretty minimal

7/10 +1 from last time

OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 3/5
DESIGN - 7/10
ENGINE - 3/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 2/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 9/10
SELLLABILITY - 7/10
OVERALL - 31/45
EARNINGS - £31000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £59000

5 Likes

this is out of character but FF rules! :smiley:

Just to let you all know I will do a push tonight and try and get all of them done tonight

6 Likes

Now there’s a friday night I wouldn’t want to push on myself…

ROUND 2 ANALYSIS #3 LLA

RELATION TO ERA
There is little improvement from last round, and the introduction of a V12 engine and things such as hoods on the front make a very 70s style car which is rather out of place!
2/5 -2 from last round :frowning:

DESIGN
Although some things are out of era, I cant go without saying that a lot of work and innovation has gone in which I cannot fault. The grill, main headlamps and the bumper bar are realistic, however I’m having second thoughts about the indicators

Your side is nearly identical to the previous rounds side, which was praise for its simplicity and effort

Where is the reverse lights :disappointed: Apart from that the indented and protruding features bring a nice touch

5/10 -1 from last round!

ENGINE
ok… the first v12 of the series. Until future eras there isn’t really a market at all for it . A 2.2 litre v12 is practically unheard of, most v12s are at least 3.5 litre. I don’t even know what to say!

Again, performance intake and 6 carburettors are way overkill for the era and the engine size

1/5 -3 from last time :disappointed:

ADDONS AND SUSPENSION
A v12 with 106mph limit… At least it isn’t an automatic lol!

Nothing much else here
3/5 No change here

CAR ADVERTISEMENT
Pretty good advert, however standards are rising quickly so you might need to step up a gear next round
7/10

SELLABILITY
There is an improvement from last time, but it is pretty minimal

6/10 -1 from last time
OVERALL
RELATION TO ERA - 2/5
DESIGN - 5/10
ENGINE - 1/5
ADDONS AND SUSPENSION - 3/5
CAR ADVERTISEMENT - 7/10
SELLLABILITY - 6/10
OVERALL - 24/45
EARNINGS - £24000
TOTAL EARNINGS - £55000

4 Likes

someone hasn’t heard of the Ferrari Colombo engine…

3 Likes

reverse light? they were barely a thing in an era where mirrors where sold as a ‘safety option’ and even then, only one 1 side.

or dedicated indicator lamps were even mandated… and ones they do don’t have amber colored glass on the outside.
up until the 60s/70s not quite sure when. blinking the tailight on one side was a thing to ‘emulate’ turn indicator without using a separate dedicated fixtures for them.

so i’d knock it down over the amber colored turn signal over not having a reverse light :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, but I would agree it isn’t the most practical engine to use at that price point. Looks like it could rev a little higher too. It’s not a bad car at all though. I like the grill design.

it isn’t the most practical, but it’s well within the region of possibility for 1950.

1 Like