A Prescription for Laughs
This is a very quick, straightforward challenge, kind of unlike anything that has been done before when it’s all over.
I am looking for a hatchback in the A, B or C segments, simple as that.
- Trim and engine variant year must be 2019.
- Minimum wheelbase of 1.90 metres, maximum wheelbase of 2.65 metres.
- Must be a hatchback body style, either 3 or 5 doors.
- Must have realistic engineering decisions that would stand up in a real-world setting; don’t make it out of carbon fibre, don’t have a V8 engine, don’t give it pushrod suspension.
- Maximum cost of $25,000.
- Engines are strongly recommended to be 3 or 4 cylinders, and have a maximum family displacement no less than 1250 cubic centimetres.
Styling - Your car’s styling is going to be the single most important criteria here, outweighing everything else. Make your hatchback look good!
Engineering Considerations - Your hatchback should be engineered in such a way that if it were to appear in the boardroom of any car company in the world, it wouldn’t be immediately rejected for being silly. Use conventional materials and parts, don’t put in a silly engine and you’ll do just fine. Don’t do this, and you will be binned!
Submissions are accepted by PMing the .car file to me only; entries WILL NOT be accepted by Discord DM.
Model and Engine Family name: APL – “forum username”
Trim: Make/Model/Trim of car
Variant: Engine Model/Variant