A Prescription for Laughs (RESULTS ARE UP!)

Always good to see a Ceder. Funny that I considered entering with my own French compact with a 1.3 I4 :smile: I guess now I have to :wink:

2 Likes

Deer And Hunt - Bambi

11 Likes

2019 MAD Shrike 1.2 Eco

At over 59 US MPG combined (with the optional 7-speed automatic transmission) this is one of the most economical cars you can buy today that isn’t a hybrid of any kind - and it can be yours for just 23,500 AMU.

3 Likes

2019   生活   カリプソ   HF   SPEC

Bonus Pictures

12 Likes

2019 Kotatsu Clairvoyant, base model. That’s it, that’s the description.

This must have been the most hurried entry I have done, but real life can be a bitch sometimes.

Entering The Baltazar Quasar

The Baltazar Quasar is a well-respected C-segment car, widely acknoledged by the media and winner of Car of the Year for both 2017 and 2018.
Here it is in restyled form (because I don’t have the pre-facelift car anymore) and in base model american spec, complete with side reflectors, torsion-beam rear suspension, 16-inch steel wheels with hubcaps and a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Due to the american market need for power, the entry level car has a 1.5 turbo 4-cylinder engine, with 140 hp (due to the tune for 91 Ron).

For more info on the Quasar, please check the post on the Baltazar Automóveis thread:

4 Likes

Kuma CuB

I just found out the deadline was today I spent my effort on another ad

9 Likes

Famal Avance

As I said before, a French compact with a 1.3 turbo I4. It even has 130 hp too. What can I do, great minds think alike, right @Mythrin? :wink: Honestly, those parameters are what I had planned for this car for a long time. I wanted to use a 160 hp variant, but it was too expensive. Exterior design was entirely made this evening :smile:

6 Likes

Entries are now closed, thank you to all the participants!

1 Like

2019 Adenine Cadence

4 Likes

2019 Strig Mirae 1.0T

2 Likes

May the best person win :wink:.

oh crap i forgot to send mine in, oh well good luck to everyone else

oops, I realized that I should present our entry…

(don’t worry we already submitted like a week ago)

yep…

Me and @Vena.Sera423 decided to change things up a bit…

Introducing the

A Spirited Driver

2019 RCN Hunt DB

A collaboration between @Vena.Sera423 and @66mazda

Reconcilation Motors Hunt Driver's Series Base specs and images

The entry level model of RCN’s Driver’s series. Generally more basic while retaining core performance features. The main option on the Driver’s series Hunt are a more powerful engine and semi-adaptive sway bars and dampers (both not available on the Driver’s Series Base trim).

2019 RCN Hunt DB

VEHICLE TYPE
Front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door hatchback
PRICE
$24,800
ENGINE TYPE
Forti 15S1R6
Turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 12-valve I3, ALSI block and head, direct fuel injection, 90 AKI
Displacement
1.5L, 91 cu in, 1499 cc
Power
199.1 hp @ 6300 rpm
Torque
192.8 lb-ft @ 3700 rpm
TRANSMISSION
6-speed manual
CHASSIS
Suspension (F/R): MacPherson strut/torsion bar
Brakes (F/R): 11-in vented disc/9.8-in solid disc
Tires: 215/40R-17 84Z (No speed limiter)
DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase: 98 in
Length: 159.4 in
Width: 70.4 in
Height: N/A
Passenger volume: 94 cu ft with rear seats up
Trunk volume: 19 cu ft with rear seats up
Curb weight: 3064.4 lb
PERFORMANCE
Zero to 62 mph: 6.66 sec
50 to 75 mph: 4.28 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.94 sec
Standing 1 km: 27 sec
Braking, 62–0 mph: 108.6 ft
Roadholding, 66-ft-dia skidpad: 1.09 g
Roadholding, 656-ft-dia skidpad: 1.09 g
EPA FUEL ECONOMY
Combined: 35.9 US mpg

3 Likes

Also @Hshan because I cannot message you at all…

Well, the RCN Chase DB we were going to submit is the base model version of the Chase DB performance variant, so think Ford Focus ST and not Ford Focus RS…

It’s quite a bit off from 300 hp…but it would probably still clobber every other entry here by a good amount…maybe…and have compromises involved somewhere else

APL Judging

Instabinned: Beanos Son EX - @Be_gone_thot

This entry was binned for not following proper naming conventions. Even if it did, the bland, uninspired design would not have scored above average.

16th Place - Kotatsu Clairvoyant, @azkaalfafa (34/100)

Remember how in the challenge description I said, Use conventional materials and parts, don’t put in a silly engine and you’ll do just fine. Don’t do this, and you will be binned! Well, this entry basically didn’t heed those warnings. From ridiculously memey brakes, to an engine that doesn’t make a lot of sense compared to real-world cars, to the really odd and often unpleasant design choices, this entry doesn’t make the cut, not by a long shot.

15th Place - Alissa Diego DX15T, @desperatedonut5 (45/100)

A plain and uninspired design overall, with questionable choices in both engineering (active wings in a car like this?!) and styling - I’ll bet you could catch some sweet air off that quarter-pipe stuck to the side of the car!

14th Place - MAD Shrike 1.2 Eco, @abg7 (47/100)

Another very plain and uninspired design; almost as if you fed the parameters of “C-segment hatchback” into an AI and let it do it’s thing.

13th Place - Baltazar Quasar 1.5 Tellurium, @Leonardo9613 (47/100)

Something stinks about the Quasar…is it the car’s namesake chemical element, notorious for making people exposed to it smell like turbogarlic for years, or is it the memey little front brakes burning up after a hard stop? Don’t ask me, I couldn’t tell you. About as far from a looker as you can get too.

12th Place - Famal Avance, @Hshan (48/100)

This entry had some really strange suspension tuning going on, but mostly I am just not sure about the styling; it’s unremarkable taken as a whole, but the morph choices just make this car look dumpy and ill-proportioned overall.

11th Place - Silfox New Success, @DoctorNarfy (53/100)

This entry had some of the makings of a good design, but it was very sloppily executed overall, which really detracted from the overall appearance. Morphing the body to look more crossover-like didn’t help much either, nor did the chosen colour of “Grandma’s Eyeshadow Metallic”.

10th Place - Strig Mirae 1.0T, @Fayeding_Spray (55/100)

The initial appearance of this one was quite promising, it had a lot of what I was looking for, but digging deeper and looking closer, it all started to fall apart. The engine was pretty memey overall, and looking closely at the design, you started seeing some really needlessly cut corners and inconsistencies. The side treatment in particular on this car left a lot to be desired.

9th Place - Deer and Hunt Bambi, @Mikonp7 (57/100)

While this entry arrived on time for the challenge, it’s styling arrived a decade too late. Straight out of 2009 and straight into the bin for being an anachronism. Who would drive a car named “Bambi” anyways? :thinking:

7th Place (tie) - Adenine Cadence, @phale (64/100)

Looks a bit like the kind of car Eminem would flog in a long Super Bowl commercial, which is to say, it’s inoffensive and a bit blandly styled, so the ad agency would realise they’d have to amp up the star power. The engine in this one is pretty min-maxey too.

7th Place - Seikatsu Calypso HF-SP, @Tzuyu_main (64/100)

This car is really oddly proportioned, especially around the rear. No angle on this car tells the same story as another, which is too bad because the snippets of the stories it does tell are actually not bad at all. It’s also a bit too powerful for what it is.

6th Place - RCN Hunt DB, @Vena.Sera423 and @66mazda (66/100)

This car is just a little bit too racey for what it is; the ankle-hacking, curb-scraping front splitter really isn’t an appropriate choice for a car of this type at all. the shapes are a bit of an incoherent mess in the front, particularly in the inset grille.

5th Place - Ceder Fore Mk6 1.3 Vital Tech, @Mythrin (67/100)

It’s funky alright, but not in a fun and interesting sort of way; more like, in a this is probably not safe to eat sort of way. The front is a bit of a shotgun of shapes that don’t quite work, and we see the return of the weird side strake too. It’s too bad, because all of these weird details are experly-executed, and there are some very good ideas in this car otherwise.

4th Place - Mei Ling QC5 108T, @yangx2 (68/100)

This car had a very good design overall, held back by a few odd choices like the rollerskate-sized wheels and the fact that it’s made on one of the most unpleasant bodies in the game. The engine is a bit min-maxey as well, and given the vague goals it remains unclear which mins and which maxes are being chased after here…

3rd Place - Kuma CuB, @Xepy (69/100)

A clean design overall with lots of nice little touches everywhere except on the sides, which this body so desperately needs on account of its monolithic slab-sidedness. The engineering of this one is pretty min-maxey as well, instead of pursuing a nice, middle-of-the-road engineering brief.

2nd Place - Evgenis Valkyrie 1.2T, @Cheeseman (72/100)

Like always the cheese men finishes second This is a decent design overall, though the C-pillar treatment is a bit…odd…to say the least, as is the really strong treatment along the upper crease lines. The door handles are a bit much as well, even if I do like the contrasting element.

1st Place - Kadett Club Cadence Solace 1.3, @CorsicaUnknown (78/100)

This design came by far the closest to what I had in mind for this challenge from the outset; it’s clean, modern and funky, exactly what a late 2010s hatchback could and should be, even though it too has the side strake treatment that drives me absoutely nuts! The engineering was pretty solid too; a clear winner overall!

Congratulations to @CorsicaUnknown for winning this little challenge, and also to runner-up @Cheeseman as well!

There is a very special reward for these two entries; their entries have been selected to become the basis of the new Super 1250 category for Season Two of the Automation Rallycross League, which is coming very soon!

To all the entrants, thank you for partcipating, and I hope to see you all back soon for ARXL Season 2!

21 Likes

Quick and fun, nice challenge. Though I’d like a tiny bit more details on the tech side (what exactly was the fail), but I get that wasn’t the focus. Looking forward to that rallycross thing!

And well, oh well, that’s what I get for designing a last minute entry late in the night :smile: I think I must have made some change affecting suspension and then forgot to check it out :thinking:

1 Like

Now I get it - the reason why aesthetics and realism were the only considerations was that you were looking for candidate cars for the new ARXL Super 1250 season. And you have made the right choice - well done to the top two for being accepted into the ARXL!

1 Like

Was expecting this to be much like the BRC, with a racing challenge following on with these actual cars, and not just a completely subjective selection of cars.

Kinda want my 30 minutes back now.

I mean, there is, yours just wasn’t one of the chosen

1 Like