A Taste for Convertibles [Submissions Closed! Pending Judgement]

Since this is a fake CSR, this post will not get the full version of an introduction…
But we still put the same effort in the car and engineering as we would any CSR or any competition for that matter…
Except I don’t know what I was doing…
However, we could say it is a very serious car…

Because the pioneer of practical performance has gone very impractical…

Introducing the 8th gen (K608) 1989 Kaizen SCL26s 424 edition AWD targa and the standard SCL26s 424 edition

Designed to combine effortless grace, understated elegance, and tenacious performance in an all-weather consistent package.

Newly revised this year, the all aluminum AAV series 3.6L naturally aspirated inline 6 roars out 261.8 hp and cranks out 245.56 lb ft of torque. Coupled to a 5 speed manual transmission featuring revised gear ratios, the SCL26s AWD rockets down from 0-60 in 5.8 seconds up to a 160 mph top speed. Helping improving driver control are ventilated discs with ABS, sport suspension, and an all new traction control system.

Targa: The front features a targa top panel to maintain as much chassis rigidity as possible while enabling drivers to enjoy the wind. To further allow more top-down enjoyment, the driver can choose to retract the manually operated rear soft top.

Normal: The car features a manually operated soft top that folds right in front of the trunk. Extra care has been made to maintain as much chassis rigidity as possible.

Enjoy!

Some additional images

7 Likes

1985 Bradford TargaMeister Turbo

more shots of said car

18 Likes

Situation Update!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted one of these here.

Need to clear up a few things straight up.

What I've been busy with recently:

Due to the current situation in my country, caused by COVID-19, the lower class demographic here are in a seriously bad shape. They don’t have access to decent face-masks, hand gloves etc needed for daily use in the midst of this.

My dad has started a small business of buying such equipment and accessories in bulk and then selling them in very cheap prices to the poor people and villagers. Most of the times, I help my old man. Sometimes it’s just calculation and boxing, other times I’d have to hop in my car and transfer some goods a few hours away. It’s not a very time consuming process at all usually but it sure is tiring.

So when I’m home after taking care of all this, I barely have time to crunch in many other things at once such as challenges (participating or hosting) and doing other stuff related to it.

Does this mean you're postponing ATFC?

Absolutely not! I will be gladly accepting entries for ATFC and I even plan to write clear and detailed reviews.

Is this why you haven't posted a roof chopping guide that you promised?

Unfortunately, yes. But I still plan to do so. Just give me some time.

Can we get an extended deadline since you're busy?

Fuck it, here you go!

But you better join and make this extension count if you haven’t already, or this cock will be sad!

That’s all!

13 Likes

So… Uhh… How do we cut the roof off?

The Most Elusive Sight in this World

14 Likes

Another Update!

My beautiful friend @variationofvariables just made a very well detailed and straight forward guide to chopping your roofs off!

Go ahead and check it out and show this person some love!

8 Likes

GOOD MORNING GETWREKT01

THE AMERICANS ARE HERE TO TAKE YOUR FUCKING OIL WITH THE 1989 INNIS KIWANDA “YOGI BEAR” PERFORMANCE DROP TOP

KKona Clap

31 Likes

I don’t even have a fucking comeback to this… Goddammit Yang :joy:

3 Likes

1985 Haapala Streetcruiser

Make every drive the best one

29 Likes

@Mikonp7 - Damned you!!! I’ve got several cars that are under scrutiny and then you go and post that!

sigh

Of all the pretty cars on show…I think that’s just…sigh

Yup, we did this. The Anhultz Dione DX FlexTape Edition

Driving stunt conducted by professional on closed courst. Do not attempt at home or on public roads.

@GetWrekt01
as this is the 13th challenge for the Dione, you can search for a hidden “13” on the car, if you want.
if found, you’ll get an imaginary cookie through imaginary mail.

9 Likes

Lorier wants to know your location

2 Likes

OLSSON 3230 OC (Orkan Convertible)

17 Likes

1988 Warren Aspire GT600

by @ryan93 and @mat1476

Low volume import with German engineering and American Styling? WHAT CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG.

Gallery

18 Likes

1989 MAD Kestrel GT Spider

A legend in the making, on sale now and yours for just $28,000.

From behind

13 Likes

I didn’t Photoshop because work

and I copied mat for this ad style

More photos...

6 Likes

Attention!

Less than 24 hours remain till submission closes.

The people I've received entries from so far are:

@Edballistic
@nightwave
@nicholasrams774
@Falling_Comet
@Fletchyboy100
@HybridTronny
@variationofvariables
@donutsnail
@Admiral_Obvious
@EnCR
@Sky-High
@Xepy
@titleguy1
@mart1n2005
@yurimacs
@Petakabras
@Tzuyu_main
@yangx2
@Mikonp7
@Elizipeazie
@MasterDoggo
@J35_Power
@abg7
@Centurion_23
@mat1476
@66mazda
@KactusPantah
@chiefzach2018

I don’t see any ads as of now that have missing entries.

If you want to send an entry, do it ASAP as you have less than 24 hrs from now!
If your name is missing from the above confirmation post but you DID send me a car, hit me up.

PS: JFC 29 entries :sweat_smile: reviews are gonna take a while

12 Likes

Umm I think you forgot me :stuck_out_tongue:
I was one of the earlier ones btw

Almost forgot to update this post… oops!

Look at it this way. It's either an expensive sports car or a very reasonable racecar.

The new Zacspeed ONE Turbotarga is not an automobile built to the standards of a mere street car, but to the impossibly high standards of a race car. From its immensely powerful 346-horsepower turbocharged Zacspeed boxer-six engine, now more audible by the inclusion of a targa top, to its massive ABS-fortified three-piston vented disc brakes, it is not just the world’s ultimate open-top sportscar. It is the ultimate open-top Zacspeed.

The result? An automobile capable of accelerating from zero to sixty-two in a mere 3.40 seconds and able to stop from that speed in 106.3 feet. Throw an aggressive, lightweight aero kit derived from previous race cars into the mix, and you have a monster that will throw itself into corners on demand. True, that extra ten percent that separates the truly exceptional in this world from the merely good doesn’t come easily… or cheaply. One test drive, however, and we believe you’ll agree it’s worth every penny.

The Zacspeed ONE Turbotarga.

Do you know how fast you were going?

14 Likes

Submissions Closed!

Thanks to everyone participating in this challenge. I honestly didn’t expect 29 entries. I’m glad that people like to take part in challenges where the overall rulesets are a bit more liberal.

I’m going to do the reviews a bit different than usual. So it will definitely take more time, and the reviews are going to come all at once instead of in multiple rounds.

Please be patient, and the reviews should be there soon :tm:

18 Likes