Adenine Automotive [1978 Vindicator]

With a Cadence for every occasion, buyers will surely snap them up in droves. But why does the base model use a single-clutch gearbox instead of a dual-clutch one?

So since there’s an Adenine…

…where’s Guanine Thymine? :laughing:

obligatory joke, I apologise

EDIT: don’t you hate it when you fudge the delivery???

5 Likes

I have updated the post with the markups I use. I’m following the markup guide that is used by the competitor cars: Paris Motor Show 2016 [Automation Edition]
So base trims are 20%, premium trims are 40%, and sport trims are 30%.

@abg7 single-clutch is significantly cheaper than dual-clutch.

@strop Isn’t Thymine the base pair of Adenine in DNA? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol yeah that one :sweat_smile:

…wow, I think I need to take a break from posting, I’m becoming more and more incoherent this month.

2 Likes

Thymine would make a pretty good brand name… If I wanted to be realistic I’d rebadge the premium variants under the Thymine name. But then I would also have to restyle it too, and I’ve spent enough time on one styling :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
## 2016 ADENINE ESSENCE

The Essence of Driving
A sports car for any customer
Available with RWD or AWD

Base - $14,500 (20% markup)

Key stats:
162hp 1.6L turbocharged inline-4
51 MPG (US)
0-62 in 7.4 seconds
91RON
$1583 running costs

At Adenine, we believe that The Essence of Driving should be available to anyone, from a first-time driver to a seasoned veteran. The entry-level trim of the Essence is highly affordable, not only in its low starting price but also its long-term costs. Boasting a remarkable 51 MPG fuel economy, even eco-conscious drivers can enjoy some back-end fun while being free of guilt. It’s also a perfect car for a young driver with its low insurance costs ($392) and running costs ($1583). With a 7-speed manual and good old fashioned RWD, the base Essence delivers the classic sports car experience at an unbeatable price.

Light Sport - $18,000 (30% markup)

Key stats:
215hp 1.6L turbocharged inline-4
36 MPG (US)
0-62 in 5.7 seconds
95RON
$2140 running costs

The Light Sport trim builds upon the base trim with an upgraded 1.6T engine, stickier tires, revamped aero, and a retuned suspension. A geared LSD and semi-active dampers are also included for that extra flair. The redline of the engine has been extended to a soaring 8200RPM where it makes over 200 horsepower. Combined with the low weight of the Essence, this car is surprisingly quick. In addition, the aero and suspension improvements enable the Essence to handle over 1.2G of lateral acceleration. You’ll want to fling this car around the corners all day.

AWD Sport - $26,000 (40% markup)

Key stats:
378hp 3.0L turbocharged inline-6
29 MPG (US)
0-62 in 3.9 seconds
95RON
$2688 running costs

Agility and tossability not enough for you? Looking to embarrass some muscle cars at a stoplight? Then pair the 378hp straight-six engine with the available DCT and AWD. This combination can reach 62mph in under 4 seconds and pull a 12.3-second quarter mile. You can even add our advanced Active Sport suspension. With these options, you can transform the Essence from a light sports car into a sophisticated machine. We lapped the Green Hell in 8:10 with this configuration.

For the purists out there, you can also pair the 378hp I6 with the standard manual and RWD.

Touring - $34,500 (50% markup)

Key stats:
378hp 3.0L turbocharged inline-6
28 MPG (US)
0-62 in 4.1 seconds
95RON
$2989 running costs

Nope, we’re not done with variants yet! You can also opt for the premium leather interior and 21-speaker infotainment system to turn the Essence into a mini grand tourer. Handling, performance, comfort, efficiency - this car can do it all.

There is an Essence for every driver. Are you ready to choose yours?

12 Likes

Fuckin’ hell you’ve outdone us all once again. Those are some untouchable stats, as can be expected from you phale :smile: yup, a car like my Cierzo looks obsolete in front of a line up like this. Looks good, and goes good.

As a chemistry student, I find your name and badge absolutely glorious! Also your cars look amazing :slight_smile:

Stunning design there, the the fixtures look absolutley brilliant. And that certainly is a lot of car for the money! Erin’s board of directors are right to be concerned…

1 Like

You have the reaction of well over a half of Zavir’s board on the photo above…

@phale Seriously, how? 100 hp/l and ~50 MPG?

2 Likes

Turbo is your friend. Got similar numbers too

That is some solid lightweight sport car , lucky the Saminda CZS is dead if not it will be ashamed.

2 Likes

Rightly so! Maesima’s board of directors are also troubled by this as it hits very close to home for us! Not only does it look great but those stats are really amazing. Should be very clear why the current MRZ-3 is getting replaced by an all-new replacement design 2018! I wonder what Saminda make of this extreme eco performance without resorting to hybrid systems.

2 Likes

Sounds like I’ll be needing to keep that in mind as we go forward in time. That’s some damn impressive mileage and power…

Wait I thought you only launched it this year at the Paris Motorshow? Already planning its replacement in the wake of the Esseence’s arrival? :yum:

and just to say the Nardella is still being made and does still offer awesome features like all-aluminium construction and very good efficiency for ‘slightly’ more than this arguably much better competitor

That was just a final facelift to the long-lived platform. A replacement has been in the works for a long while but this just seals the deal!

But I’ll also point out the Xz MRZ-3 is still faster and cheaper than the Base Essence :wink:

1 Like

Ah I see. Well I look forward to the new car (in a few years time)!

By the way how much is the cheapest variant of the MRZ-3? The entry level Lex 1.4 is £17640 and averages 56 mpg, whilst still doing 0-60 in 7.3 seconds…

…which is nothing compared to the equally priced Light Sport trim which is almost 1.5 seconds faster to 60 :confounded:

1 Like

Adenine , Maesima and Erin are talking about their cars rivaling each other , while Saminda seat in a corner and read some book on how to save the environment.

4 Likes

I feel like both the Cierzo and Peryton are far outclassed right now.

1 Like