Admiral Motor Corporation of Canada (1990 AMCC Cadet Turbo)

Hello everyone!

Admiral Motor Corporation of Canada (or AMCC for short :wink: ) is a canadian car company that makes everything from frugal economy cars to brutish trucks and exciting sports cars. We were founded in 1920 by Max Byrd and quickly grew to become a canadian equivalent of the American Big Three through clever resource management and desirable cars. All our engines are modular designs that deliver performance, reliability and economy at reasonable cost.

The first car I will present here is the 1991 AMCC Hurricane sports car.

I encourage everyone to give me constructive feedback :slight_smile: Enjoy!

1 Like

So yes, this is my first legit post on this forum. This is the 1991 AMCC Hurricane. It comes in two variants, a turbocharged 2.5L Inline four from our Quadtech engine series with 240hp and 230ft-lb that will do 0-62mph in 5 seconds flat and hit a top speed of 157mph while only costing $16,460.
In exchange for some more money we will fit it with a 5L Quadtech V8 that produces 420hp and will propel it to 62mph in 4.2 seconds and hit 180mph. Both trims have a 5-speed manual transaxle.

7 Likes

Apparently I can only put one image into posts because I am a newb. Here is what it looks like from the rear:

There is also a Convertible Version:

8 Likes

Are you actually from Canada? Looks like we might have another one on the forums! :slight_smile:

That is a nice first car BTW. The car seems very quick for a car with an inline 4.

3 Likes

I thought there was at least a V6 in there. Nice performance for that engine, and the design is a lot Ferrari without being a copy. Well done.

The choice of a straight-four and a V8 in the same mid-engined sports car also brings to mind the late-90s Lotus Esprit, except your Hurricane was also available as a convertible, whereas the Esprit never was.

Yes, I was born near Ottawa but my grandparents emigrated from Germany in 1962.

CHROME ;_;

The Quadtech engine series does actually come in Inline four, V6 and V8 configuration, all with the same bore/stroke. I felt that there was no real need for a V6 because the I4 has a turbo, even though there is something of a gap between it and the V8.

Can you not make cars chrome?

I can, but I haven’t expected that

Yes I might have used it and a number of other mid-engined sports cars as an inspiration, but I assure you that the similarities between the engine configurations were unintentional.

AMCC makes a wide variety of cars, not just sports cars. This is why my next car will be the Hurricane’s big brother, the AMCC Comet, which is also the total antithesis to a lighweight sports car. I still need some time to refine the mechanicals, but the design is already finalized.

6 Likes

Police car incoming.

Your cars are beautiful.

Looks very nice. A well done crossing of Aero Crown Vic and Buick Park Avenue in my eyes.

That gives me an Idea…

Thank you :kissing_heart:

I’ve taken some inspiration from my Grand Pa’s old Grand Marquis, yes.

So yes this next car is a full size car to compete with the likes of other full size cars like the Buick Roadmaster and Ford Crown Victoria. The AMCC Comet comes with four engine options. The basic 3800E has a 230ci 12 valve SOHC Concord Series V6 with 195hp. The 3800HO comes with a four cam 24 valve Quadtech V6 that makes 235hp and the luxurious 5000LX has a 306ci 16 valve SOHC Concord Series V8 with 270hp. I also built a 5000GT model with a detuned version of the 5.0L Quadtech V8 from the Hurricane, standard towing package (limited-slip differential and 4.10:1 rear axle ratio) and sports tuned suspension, with 320hp and a 0-60 time of 6.3 seconds. Obviously all of them have a 4-speed automatic transmission and run on 87 octane Gas. Being designed and built in Canada by Canadians for Canadians (and Americans) they have excellent rust-proofing and powerful heaters (I should make AWD an optional feature on all cars come to think of it).

@Elenir1 gave me the Idea to build a police version of the Comet, therefore I present to you the Comet PC90 (Police Cruiser 1990)!
It is based on the 5000LX with the towing package but has an upgraded Concord Series V8 with a higher-flowing exhaust system and remapped fuel system to give more power. Other improvements include heavy duty lubrication and cooling systems and heavy duty suspension.

7 Likes