[AEC] Arbitrary Engineering Challenge #6 [CLOSED]

I failed AGAIN :rofl:

By 0.08 points!!

Well done HighOctane!!

1 Like

Hahaha, body coloured wheel lips generate extra jobs and extra jobs are needed in a workers paradise! :wink:

But, yeah, I was building cars from the 70ā€™s when I punched this bad-boy out, so multi-painted wheels is a bit, dated, for the time period.

@lukerules117, did you make a test car? If so, what was the reference score?

Iā€™m intrigued because I felt that my car wasnā€™t sporty or off-roady enough (since they were weighted at well over 10% each) and Iā€™d like to see what style of car you had in mind when designing the ruleset. Iā€™m not 100% sure but I feel like lifted 2 door sedan or liftback (or dual cab utility, hahaha) was the optimum choice for this ruleset. I worked this all out AFTER Iā€™d submitted and the deadline was over, unfortunately, hahaha!

OK, hereā€™s a poll on what to do next. You have two votes, so please vote for your favourite option and your next best alternative, this way weā€™ll hopefully get more entrants, should the series continue further.

• Do another round based in Neoterica, make the ruleset simple.
  • Do another round based in Neoterica, make the ruleset complex.
  • Do another round based on a new IP, make the ruleset simple.
  • Do another round based on a new IP, make the ruleset complex.
  • Open a new round in October, we need a breakā€¦
  • AEC ends at Chapter Six, let someone else re-boot the IP later on!

0 voters

This poll will remain open until I login on September the 5th, when I will close down voting and post the next steps, if any, to be taken.

Thankyou @lukerules117 for running an interesting round, I was dealing with Generations II lore and RL shenanigans, or else Iā€™d have entered sooner than I did, so thankyou for allowing me the last minute submission!

@S31, if you look at the scoring, I earnt 0.8 points from sportiness, so if youā€™d tweaked your suspension slightly differently then youā€™d be the one writing this post, hahaha!!!

2 Likes

I didnā€™t get around to making a test car unfortunately. I was originally tried to make the scoring based around a more literal interpretation of the term ā€œsports utility vehicleā€, but then as I thought of more things I left out of the scoring that probably should have been there I added them in and by the time I was much less clear what I was looking for and to top it all off at some point I made offroad more important than sportiness.

2 Likes

OK, the results are in and everyone wants something new and a simple rulesetā€¦ :thinking:

Iā€™ve got an idea ready, Iā€™ll make the thread soon, so gird your loins 'cuz AEC #7 is on its way!!!

EDIT: New Competition is open, please check it out when you canā€¦

AEC #7 - Garciaā€™s next top Model