Airborne Motor Group (Kee) (Ultimately closed and outdated)

Let the Maserati-like company roll some cars! :slight_smile:

1982 Airborne Cossarini
The year is 1969, when Cherry from 1961 gets ceased along with Beta. Unlike the second car, which got a successor (Beta Supercoupe is a successor to Beta, if you don’t know), Cherry was forgotten. After oil crisis, which made the company to close for several months, our engineers back in time worked on various small sports car projects since 1975 to fit the gap after Cherry. In 1980, one 18-year-old car designer who just finished his school, Alberto Juan Cossarini came to Airborne Automotive for practicing from Latin America. In early 1982, when most experienced engineers in our company talked about little sports car project, Cossarini literally broke into conversation with words “Eyy, Amigos, I have great car design project!”. Of course, previous CEO (current in 80s) told Cossarini to literally shut the fuck up, but after the conversation he looked at the project… He liked it that much that he said sorry to Cossarini and recruited him as second lead designer of Airborne Automotive. Cossarini himself accepted the proposition to step up in company hierarchy and started to do technical design of his car, which he named Cossarini ESC1. ESC was for Experimental Sports Car. When the project was finished in March 1982, due to lack of time he put Xy GTi’s engine into the car and slightly tuned it up to reach 135 HP. Airborne Cossarini, as it got renamed later due to marketing reasons made huge success on it’s presentation in Geneva in the year 1983. People loved it for it’s possibility to cheap repairs, hence Cossarini got the same engine as Xy GT/GTi, design that was ahead of the company for at least ten years and respectable performance. Cossarini (as a car) could reach 196 km/h of top speed and it needed 9.5 seconds to reach 100 km/h. It was still responsive due to simple front suspension system (McPherson struts) and low weight, it is 883 kg. Sadly enough, reviewers criticized Cossarini in 1984 and 1985 like bunch of fucking hypocrites when they finally realized that engine is mid-placed, it’s too futuristic look and quite high price for Cherry successor, as Cossarini was promoted. Cossarini made quite big success when it came to cult, but not big success when it came to sales, mainly because of it’s looks which looked more like 90s than 80s and mid engine placement. It was also quite expensive, as written above. As for 1983 it costed 16.570 $. It was replaced in 1991 with new Airborne Cherry.

And by the way - if you will ask what A.J. Cossarini does today, I come with an answer: He’s now a company businessman and leads designers team as a 53 year old, sometimes angry man. Trust me, he named me few times from pendejos and putas when I said to him that I will launch Cerberus into limited run :wink:

Photos:

1976 Airborne Hades
Well, this is the car that founder died in. The year was 1976 and new hypercar prototype developed to compete with Lamborghini Countach was being tested. When we were testing the Hades (fully functioning one) prototype on Silverstone, it had an problem that went terrible in consequences: one cable from engine just broke and got into exhaust system, and this cable just got into forces of grip and started to burn. Too bad it was too close to fuel tank; the fire reacted with this fuel tank and exhaust smoke, the car exploded at speed of 260 km/h and turned into flying fireball with founder inside. At the end, this fireball finished it’s destruction path on one of borders. The car was literally in parts, cockpit was divided into three parts. When firemen controlled the fire and put it out, people took out founder’s body, which got splitted into six parts of melted meat outside of the car. There were two Hades prototypes - fully functional one, with complete engine was destroyed, second was just a showcar with Worker’s 43 HP engine just to move itself. In 2009 I decided to rebuild original Hades compatible with historical documentary, which got finished in 2013. The car can reach 277 km/h and needs 5.5 seconds to reach 100 km/h. Hades is powered by turbocharged 2,4 l V8 engine with mechanical injection that pumps out 439 HP at 6600 RPM, and the redline is placed on 7200 RPM. The car itself is very hard to control, even with safety systems equipped. Anyway, Hades is one of cars that if they have one malfunction, this malfunction can be deadly…

Photos:

1955-1960 Airborne Worker
Hmm, it’s the car that launched Airborne Automotive into the zone of small city commuters. Worker itself was designed at the dawn of 1949, with first engines made in 1950, but the car was finally finished and launched into production in 1955 as a 2-door and 4-door sedan. Both had the same engine, which was 42 HP 1,0 litre inline 4. Both cars also had the same weight - 657 kilos. In fact, they only differed in seats and doors amount. The price only was the difference, but I’ll list all prices below. Worker 2 could reach 115 km/h and needed 22.5 seconds to reach 100 km/h, Worker 4 had the same parameters.

In 1956 Airborne Motor Company introduced Worker Convertible, later renamed Speedster for marketing purposes. It had engine that was tweaked to reach 48 HP (sportish Worker? Why not kurwa!), but was also heavier with weight of 688 kg. Despite this it was faster - 121 km/h of top speed and 21.3 seconds to 100 km/h. Plus it came with soft top that you could close :smiley:

Year 1957 brought a pickup variant. It can be called one of few utes we produced actually. Except for ability to carry cargo at the back and introducing new base color for Workers - Polish Red, it featured the same engine as 2 and 4 door versions. In comparison to them, due to worse aerodynamics, pickup could reach 114 km/h and needed 23.4 seconds to reach 100 km/h.

1958 was the year of introducing wagon versions of Worker - the first of them was the panel van! This utility model was designed to transport light stuff, it was like Ford Transit Connect today. From performance side, it had the same parameters as Worker Ute/Pickup - 114 km/h top speed, 42 HP, but had better 0-100 acceleration - 23 seconds. Along with panel van there was a 3 door version introduced, and it was surprisingly faster to 100 km/h even than basic sedans! Needed only 22.2 seconds, made it second quickest Worker in the offer, just behind Speedster. 3 door variant was an option for, example, couples who wanted a car that they could sleep in on long tours. In 1958 also there was a second basic color introduced for all Workers, Marrakech Desert Sand. Panel van weighted 660 kg, and 3-door variant was only 3 kilos heavier.

At early 1960 Airborne Motor Company pushed last variant of Worker into production, 5-door one. Basicly it was just three-door one with additional pair of doors and seats inside, making it perfect family car for cheap. All Workers got ceased in 1963 when they just got old and had a direct successor in the cars of Xy and Persephone.

Prices of Worker, according to MY of launch:
1955 2d - 892 $
1955 4d - 908 $
1956 Speedster - 959 $
1957 Pickup/Ute - 933 $
1958 Panel van - 969 $
1958 3d - 971 $
1960 5d - 1.020 $

Last car coming tomorrow. Now I’m too ill…

1 Like

I like the front on the Hades. Simple, but manages to get it’s point across.

And the final car from this “set” :stuck_out_tongue:

1971 Airborne Imperator
As you may notice, the Rome from 1967 was first attempt of our company to build a supercar on highest level. Despite having low power output it could keep with Lamborghini Miura, it’s main rival. It was hand-built until 1969 in limited run of 476 units (find a reference :smiley: ). In 1970, when Beta Supercoupe was presented as a manifest for fastest muscle car in production, CEO also said about massive-produced supercar plans. Those “plans” were finished and presented in 1971 in form of Airborne Imperator. This beast was pointed to compete with Lamborghini Miura P400SV and upcoming Countach and could easily leave De Tomaso Pantera in the dust. Imperator was planned as a most hardcore supercar ever built by Airborne Motor Company and it’s quite true for it’s times. It had V8 5,7 litre crossplane engine that generated 520 HP. For comparison, Miura SV generated 390 HP. That just let the car reach insane numbers: 6.2 seconds to 100 km/h, 301 km/h top speed (297 when lights were on). The car was also pretty light with weight of 1332 kilos. You may notice that car got 0.0 points in drivability - that’s not true, of course, is pretty hard to control, but you can master it. Just like mentioned Miura or several muscle cars. In fact, Hades is the successor for Imperator - but first production car that succeeded the Imperator in terms of being innovative was Airborne Evoluzione from 20 years later.

As always, gib opinions! :smiley:

1 Like

Some news about upcoming cars:

• Alpha is now an entry-level sedan, second generation of this model is coming. Current Alpha is produced from 2014 and will be produced to 2016 and in the last year it will be produced with new one.
  • Phobos, our muscle car to compete with Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger is finally ready.
  • Maybe some return to the Arthemis name for new huge stricte off-roader, this time with more luxury?

Just like that. We’ll also present three new cars - Arthemis’ successor, new Alpha and our new four door coupe. It will be also a car from our japanese company that recently got reborn, Ray Corporation. Don’t forget to visit Airborne Motor Group plaza on the 44th Tokyo Motor Show when you will be here! :slight_smile:

(sorry for white lines on the car :cry: )

Well, this is the day. Tokyo Motor Show. We said that we will present here some new cars that went to Tokyo, so let’s go. I’ll also add relation from my commenting.
CEO

Part 1 of 4 - 2016 Airborne Phobos
Hello guys. My name is Oskiinus and I’m actual CEO of Airborne Motor Group. On this Motor Show I will present to you our new vehicles, those are Phobos, Canyon, new Alpha and Radiance. Let’s start with the first one - the Phobos. It’s a muscle car that we made to compete at the level of performance with Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang GT or Chevrolet Camaro SS. It’s powered by unusual for our company those days huge V8 with modern OHV technology. The car itself generates 330 hp, the engine transfers the power through manual six speed gearbox to rear wheels - classic muscle car config I think. Our engineers used double wishbones at the front and rear of the vehicle. The car itself, despite low power output in it’s class is pretty aerodynamic - it can reach 291 kilometres per hour and needs only 5.6 seconds to reach first 100 km/h which gives you nice boost. Phobos is also greatly equipped - leather seats, carbon fibre details, high quality plastic… You know, people in Europe want something more exclusive. So do I, since I’m Polish and European. Personally I’m proud that I can present this car now to you because it took too much sweat, blood, tears and beer bottles to finish it.

Price will stay at 54.720 $. Quite expensive, but… who cares.

I will reveal next cars on days - one car per day.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how hard it is to find a compromise between what Americans Want and what Europeans want. But I can say you did good for this side of the globe. :smiley:

But Mismatched Metals is usually not worth the cost of reliability. Engines are slightly more reliable when engines metals are matched.

I like it. I think you’ve combined it well; its like a muscle car, but a bit more refined and special.

Sorry for no cars yesterday, but due to difficulties in real life, I don’t know when I will push them here :<

2015 Airborne Radiance
Here we go with second car. You have already seen the Phobos, now let’s show our big luxury four door coupe: the Radiance. We made this car in record-like one month, since we had unused bodyshell project from two years ago and the components, including interior came from Lambda. It makes it also more universal to service also. Under the hood you can spot Lambda’s twin turbo V8 with modified power curve, which accidentally resulted in power boost from 440 to 452 HP. Thankfully to that, and All-Wheel-Drive system the car can reach first 100 km/h in 3.7 seconds and can reach 291 km/h, so it can compete with newest Teslas. All this power is transferred through sequential gearbox and paddles with your hands to, as said, all wheels. Some last words about performance: this car has double wishbone suspension at the front and multilink at the rear. Now something about safety and equipment: Radiance is one of our most safe cars of all the time. Trust me, one prototype crashed at the speed of 100 km/h with plastic doll inside and doll wasn’t hurt! Equipment is practically the same you can spot in Lambda, but since our deal with Sony has been expired you can equip your car with brand new Xbox One if your kids have problems with puking when going in a car, or whatever… The front lights will be changed, don’t worry. They are temporary ones, like Phobos’ rear lights are.

Price of Radiance: 271.240 $ - some things were replaced to more luxury ones after this presentation

Nice car!
I can’t understand why people say my Cervus 900 is too expensive, when this thing costs about 3 times as much as the Cervus does. :wink: And they are both basically in the same segment.
Obviously you used a lot of carbon, therefore the car is light, but the production costs are immense.

[quote=“porsche9999”]Nice car!
I can’t understand why people say my Cervus 900 is too expensive, when this thing costs about 3 times as much as the Cervus does. :wink: And they are both basically in the same segment.
Obviously you used a lot of carbon, therefore the car is light, but the production costs are immense.[/quote]

As said above, I’m more like non-mainstream manufacturer. And the car would be cheaper, but it serves as a super premium flagship model in lineup.
Plus notice that you don’t have anything to pay on too, like interior stuff.

Sorry for huge delay! I just had too many things to do in game life and normal life (with school marks also ;_:wink:

Third car that was presented in Tokyo, Alpha II.

2015 (MY2017) Airborne Alpha Mk2 RS
Relation from Tokyo: Hello again folks. You may see that Phobos and Radiance are standing uncovered, however there are still two cars to be presented, let’s present the third, brand new Alpha in it’s top performance variant, the RS!
Since we noticed from 2014 that this car was selling pretty good, but people were whining about somewhat boring design and being boring in overall for the price that we needed for it. Some others were crying about safety and reliability. So we went to drawing boards and designed brand new model with usage of most significant clues from previous model and created something very nice. Of course, prices went higher, but it’s still quite attractive offer since you get pretty reliable vehicle with live-long warranty and availability to participate with your own car in Airborne events. But back to car. This thing what you see here is Airborne Alpha RS. This car bears at the front one of our better today engines, we nicknamed it Clubman in hommage for Synth Clubman that rolled off the production line in first company’s polish factory in year 1990. The engine, which is surprising, revs pretty high and has it’s redline starting from 7600 RPM. Engine itself generates 331 HP, which is enough in pair with AWD to make the car launch like much sportier cars. Price will stay at 68.140 $. You may say “hey, that’s too expensive!”, but for first look what are you getting along with this car with this pricetag.

Okay, some news:

• Radiance is not going to production - at least not in this form.
  • We plan a new kind of supercar to compete with Lamborghini Aventador, for first time we want to use V12 engines with help of Haight Industries, our sub-brand which has experience in those kind of engines.
  • Expect Airborne F15 Patricia on start of AP1 class, that’s for sure. If the car will be successful, we may create a street version of it.
  • What about wagon version of Alpha?
  • Cherry will get massive facelift, because customers were not very happy about the way how it looks. They said the looks are outdated.
  • Offroad project got cancelled due to no funds, sadly. (lua errors game wise, because of missing fixtures)

And hello there. I decided to make a general company revamp in today’s offer. Radiance is not going to be produced - it’s just a concept car, Alpha is for now only in RS variant, Cherry will go in general facelift and Rea in it’s new form is currently build. However we finished something that was anticipated from long time ago, and we will introduce you to other companies projects that are related to Airborne Motor Company, Airborne Automotive or Airborne Motor Group.

2017 Airborne Omega
You may say “why 2017? It’s 2015!”, but 2017 in this case describes when this car will go into production. Airborne Omega was a project that started in early 2013 and is going to be our luxury proposition in market dominated by BMW 7-series, Mercedes S-class or Audi A8. Engine used in Omega is well known from our current luxury wagon proposition, Lambda, but this time it’s again more redefined and has 476 hp. To those who doesn’t know, it’s flatplane 5,5-litre DOHC 32-valve V8 without turbocharging. About exterior looks, we did much better job than in Lambda. For first time we used sunroof mated with LCD technology - that means you can, for example darken it off, lighten it or even open it if you enjoy wind in your hair. In interior there’s huge touchpad on the center console which steers on everything in the car’s interior, but if something goes wrong you can still use basic radio or cooling buttons. About things we used for interior - carbon fiber and leather in various colors, enough? But the leather that we used is eco one since there were HQ stormings by Greenpeace. On seats company’s logo is put and it’s made from brown string. There will be only one variant available - you don’t have to pay for any additional options. Omega will cost 270.000 $ without taxes. Again extremely expensive, but hey, you get also life-long warranty for it and entrance to exclusive company clubs.

1 Like

Really digging into the rear of the Omega but that front grill doesn’t fit the look of the car.Maybe that’s just me but hey , nice work!

Thank you! The grill thing is like your sedan - it was pretty ripoff-like to me, but you like it.

Okay, time for some classic thingy stuff.

1956 Komodo Motoring Ashisuanto
The year was 1956, and only one year ago one japanese company was born, and it was called Komodo Motoring. They were experienced with building vehicle engines, but fresh car company needed outside help to build cars from others. In late 1955 Airborne Motor Company’s founder got letter that was sent from Komodo with question if they can help to build the car. The polish-american (at it’s times, now fully polish) company, having a solid base of newly introduced Airborne Worker, and they called it Ashisuanto, which means assistant in Japanese and was kind of making the Worker name (which was parodying, laughing out and criticizing communist system in Polish People Republic at the time) a little bit softer and more friendly. In June 1956 they were ready with 12 prototypes for tests. They looked similar to 4-door Worker sedan, but featured some design tweaks and emblems symbolizing two companies: two stripes from Airborne logo and chromed small Komodo dragon on the grille, which is biggest living lizard on the Earth and refers to company name. All the cars had Worker’s 1.0 L I4 which generated approx 42 hp. This car with this engine could reach first 100 km/h within 26.6 seconds and speed up to 124 km/h, which was enough for kei car segment of the era. However, after those tests, in December 1956 Komodo Motoring refused to produce the Ashisuanto. Today there are 7 Ashisuantos left:

• Two units are in Airborne Museum; one with original Worker engine and one with engine swapped in Komodo Motoring
  • Four units are staying in various parts of America in collectors’ garages
  • One unit stands in CEO’s personal garage in Tarnów, Poland. Registered on his father, rides still on black number plates (that means that last owner registered it before 2000)

yeah. i need to get around to make the reviews of these

1959 Haight Grandeur
As you may know (or not) from press, TV and Motor Trend rumors, Haight Motor Company is slowly reborning after 2011 closing due to crisis. Some history background:
The company itself was born in 1939, just few days before World War II. In WW2 phase it was producing mainly little off-roaders hugely based on Willys Jeep MBs, Kubelwagens and Beetles. After WW2, Richard Haight, the founder, was planning to produce entry-level cheap sedan for US people. 1947 was the year when he met with future Airborne Motor Company’s founder at one of the amateur races. Airborne’s CEO was racing in a 1940 Chevrolet, and thankfully to the huge jump he named his company Airborne. But back to Haight: his company was still existing despite the founder was fully addicted to Airborne. In 1959, Haight Grandeur was launched. Critics named it beautiful and it went into history as one of the best roadsters ever produced. Grandeurs are known for their V12s - first model had V12 also, it was seven-litre engine with pushrods and DCOE fuel system. It was generating 275 HP and that was enough to launch this piece of beauty to 100 km/h in 8.3 seconds and to reach insane score of top speed being placed above 220 km/h. The car itself was pretty often compared to “more luxury Corvette C1”. Production was cut in 1966 and there were around 1,500 cars produced in it’s lifespan.

1 Like