Tigre - Compact Sports
Tigre Cabrio - Compact Sports Cabrio

Kei

Stellar - Kei Wagon

Alissa Motor Co. ®️

2 Likes

{Redacted}

1 Like

The Stinger Gran Coup actually looks decent, in all honesty; then again, considering that it was originally made for CSR123, it had to be, just to attract the clients’ attention.

However, the spec sheet is a bit confusing - it says that the engine choices for it include a straight-six and a V6, both of them turbocharged. Is this a typo or not?

2 Likes

Umm, yeah, makes sense? Typo?

Brain fart sorry about that. I was running on zero sleep so I wasn’t entirely focused even though I had my eyes wide open.

1 Like

And sorry for not responding to you earlier. It was not a typo. I was trying to work with the little lore I had but now that I’ve spent the day thinking and making the 2015 Facelifted version (as well as the 2012 Stronghold and it’s 2015 Facelifted version). I have decided that the 2012-2014 model year models would come with the Turbocharged 3.5L I6 and the V6 would only be offered in the 2015-2016 facelifted models.

{Redacted}

4 Likes

The car doesn’t look bad and you’ve taken better pictures of it than I usually manage. The text is ok too - overall there’s some visible thought and effort put into that, that’s good.

But! There are some WTFs for me.
One, 3.5 I6 and 4.0 V6 in one car - without explaining context it’s weird. Manufacturers almost always favor one over another just for minimising redundancy, especially if both are similar, turbocharged engines. Both in one car simultaneously happen (see some Mercedes models) but almost always in a changeover period from one layout to the other.
Two, RWD and FWD in one car. Just why and how and why and how dare you :stuck_out_tongue: There is a single passenger car in history I can think of that did it. Other than that it’s a van thing, and even there uncommon AFAIK.
Three, 231 hp out of a 2012 non-utility application 3.5?
Four, offering 1-2 engines in a German sedan. Impossibru. I’d say three would be a minimum. E-class offered in Poland was recently around 8 I think, excluding diesels - now it’s down due to the upcoming facelift.

Oh, a minor thing - why a 4.0t V6 itself?

I-I don’t quite know how to respond but with: I should focus more on these cars even though they’re throwaway other designs I made so this thread wasn’t dead.

2007-2011 Alissa Gist Mk. VI

The sixth generation Alissa Gist was revealed at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show and was eventually released to Asia, Europe, & Africa in fall 2006 and North America and South America on January 2nd 2007 sold under the Yelp name. It kept the small compact design that the Gist had kept since it’s release in 1977. It shared the same platform with the Car-go before getting it’s own in 2014. The Gist was released to fair success in the Asian, African, & South American markets and did modest in the European & North American markets.

The Gist had typical boring styling that any Korean hatchback had in the mid to late 2000s It had semi sporty styling in the front and simple modern styling in the rear with a hidden exhaust. The Gist wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t good either. It was fairly slow, and it’s Hybrid model was known for exploding at random on the interstate which led to MANY law suits so the Hybrid only lasted from August 2009-February 2010.

Although in 2011 a design studio by the name Cacca Di Cavallo Design Studio made a sporty version of the Gist called the Gister XR510. It had a twin turbo 2.0L I4 and produced almost 300hp and pushed it’s 0-60 was 5 seconds. They removed the rear seats and radio and gave it the best performance parts. Only 1,274 were made in the one year the XR510 was sold, and is a popular collectors hot hatch as it was only ever offered in FWD which added to the rarity. When sold new the Gister XR510 costed $32,300.00, but now in 2020 with only 547 left today it will cost you about $40,000-$50,000. The reason over 500 have as of 9 years later been destroyed is A. irresponsible drivers, and B. they handled badly when in the rain or on dirt as some people thought that it was a rally car…it was a track car. Although a rally edition was considered.

In th DX through SEL trims the Gist was offered with a Naturally Aspirated 1.7L I4 producing 120hp and pushing the car from 10-9 seconds. It wasn’t fast but for an entry level compact city car, it was fair. With the Multilink {F} & Double Wish {R} giving for a surprisingly cheaper and sportier ride in the Gist. While the ST and STR trims being available with and EcoTurbo 2.0L I4 producing about 180hp and propelling the Gist’s 0-60 between 8-7 seconds. The Gist was also not the safest. Using cheaper materials to save weight caused the Gist to perform below average. So low that it barely made it into the American market. That ultimately what caused it’s modest performance in the European and North American markets. As the better performing Kadett Beat, Kimura Avina, Taimania Zeddo GT & the short runned Blaire Guntra were safer, faster, and more fuel efficient as the Gist has a combined MPG rating of 31.

Gallery

Alissa Motor Co. ®️

3 Likes

Some Changes

After some time I started exploring making over vehicles besides just Taimania & Blaire. Now I have decided to bring back Alissa Motors. My old Korean company. In turn? I get rid of AAM Motors as I didn’t have much of an interest in it anyways. On the AAUC Thread there will be a poll to decide whether Peregrine or Gremlin go. (Blaire & Taimania stay as they’re the OG companies). Just letting you know the “Donut’s Design Dump” has been reestablished to the Alissa Motor Corporation, and is here to stay as this along with Blaire are some of the oldest companies I have and have ever thought of (first came into thought back in 2018 along with Blaire).

1 Like

2019-2021 Alissa Diego Mk. VII

Last year Alissa revealed the newly updated seventh generation Alissa Diego at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show to quite a bit of attention. The new design language Alissa brought after not updating any vehicles for 2 years brings a large lower grill fascia with a matte black bar going in between both front lights, and large LED semi-bugeye headlight design with small LED daytime lights in each light compartment sits on each end. The standard LED honeycomb foglights are a new feature that Alissa is adopting to many of it’s newer models such as the Vandago, Carna, Tigre etc. and has been given a marginal rating in the IIHS light test.

The seventh generation Diego comes in both a sedan and hatchback giving more options to the already wide array of vehicles that Alissa has to offer. the Hatchback starts at $19,100.00 (USD) while the sedan starts at $18,550.00 (USD). Which is slightly more expensive than it’s rivals the Kadett Beat, Blaire Albatross & Taimania Hatchy. While the Diego SE rivals against the Blaire Albatross SE, Taimania Keizai, Kimura Auburn, Tanaka Aventis, & Evengis Valkyrie Sedan.

The DX14T (base) comes with a 1.4L I3 producing 122hp and 122lb-ft of torque pushing the Diego to 0-60 in 9.78 seconds. The lightweight materials used to build the Diego helps make it slightly faster than it’s rivals despite it’s low power. While keeping a good fuel economy of 54 MPG. while the DE & DB trim levels use a 1.6L Turbo I4, while the DS models use a 2.0L Turbo I4. The seventh gen Diego will go on through 2021 before getting it’s eighth and the hatchback’s final generation in 2022.

Gallery

Alissa Motor Co. ®️

1 Like

1975-1985 Alissa Diego Mk. I

The first generation Diego was a small compact car and the first car sold by Alissa. It was first released to the Korean market in late 1974 before moving to the rest of the Asian markets and European markets in 1977 and entered the US in 1980. Ji-ho had a vision when designing the Diego considering not many Korean manufacturers had made a vehicle yet, it made the Diego much more popular than most. As it had some features some didn’t such as wiper washers, or an ac system. Later in 1977, the Diego was brought into the European markets (France, the UK when it was part of Europe, East&West Germany, Poland, & Sweden). It sold most in Poland due to its cheap build style and price compared to the communist mobiles that were sold at that time. While it was harder to sell in France, the UK, & West Germany as their vehicles had better build quality, features, performance, & prices.

In 1980 the Diego got a facelift. Featuring newer halogen lights, more modern styling, and a slightly better build quality engine. Along with this new facelift came it’s entrance to the American market. First being sold in Mexico the Diego sold like hotcakes, but later when it entered the U.S and finally Canada. It sold much less due to the size of that market compared to the slightly smaller ones like Poland and South Korea.

The Diego was standard with a 1.3L naturally aspirated making 51hp and 65lb-ft and a 0-60 time of 15.7s. It wasn’t much but it pushed the tiny shitbox around with ease but had a major flaw. Which was the modest fuel economy. It wasn’t terrible for the mid-70s and was the reason it sold in America as it had a better fuel economy rating compared to the big boats that had taken over but the Diego was outsold by the Japanese cars that were far better. It later got taken out of the U.S and Canadian markets in 1985 which was also when the Diego got its second generation. Before later coming back in 1994 which is when the sedan was first introduced.

Gallery

Alissa Motor Co. ®️

3 Likes

:joy:
No, it wouldn’t work that way. Communist countries money was more or less worthless. I don’t know about East Germany, but in Poland by that time it could only be sold in the “Pewex” stores, for USD. And getting USD in Poland back then was not only extremely expensive, but also difficult. Black market rate (so the more accessible) for late 70s was around 180 zł for 1 $, and the average wage was around 5-6k zł or 28-33$. Even if the car would cost 3000 $ that would still be around 8-9 years worth of average wage. Prices in 1981 in Pewex, base versions: Fiat 125p - 2700$, Polonez 1.5 - 3270$, Golf 1.1 - 6300$, Corolla - 5190$.

As for the Western countries, some of those horrifying quality commie cars were sold there as the cheapest option on the market. South Korean cars would probably be very cheap back then, maybe not as much as commie junk, but South Korea was still quite a poor country.

But I like the car itself, it’s a nice design, even if a tad too chromey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I seems that I did make a very bad mistake when writing that. I’ll keep that in mind for next time and I thank you for the criticism

2021 Alissa Settlement Mk. IV

All new for 2021 is the fourth generation Settlement. The company’s popular midsize family CUV has been fully updated for 2021 with all-new styling, performance, & technology! With the disconnected LED indicators and headlights. The Settlement ensures better vision with the steering adaptive LED headlights moving with every turn. The bold tall front gives this midsize machine an angry look with the bright LED strips filling the way. Unveiled this year at the Alissa Motors HQ in Seoul, South Korea. The bright stage was filled with neons and a bunch of Korean pop culture references the AM CEO Bak Yeong-Min presented this new odd CUV with a choice between a CVT and a 6-speed Manual the new Settlement is full of new surprises.

Moving onto the rear we have a long spider leg-like mono-taillight with a long LED strip going around every corner, with a high centered license plate holder which will make opening the boot quite difficult for some considering they’ll be getting a face full of license plate due to the plate hold being cut in half to accommodate the boot opening. The tall deep plastic cladding holds the rear flares, reverse light, & exhausts all in one, and small fake vents underneath the bottom taillight. New for 2021 is the digital gauges, larger infotainment, leather eat for the SX and LX trims, an updated accident avoidance system, and a new HUD for the LX trim.

Under the hood for the DX & EX (Starting: $25,600 - $27,850) is the 2.4L single-turbo I4 producing 182hp & 195lb-ft with a 0-60 time of 7.3-7.0 seconds and an MPG rating of 42.8 miles per gallon. Which is good for an otherwise fairly big crossover. Next up are the SX & LX (Starting: $33,446 - $35,620) is the 2.7L single-turbo I5 producing 227hp & 278lb-ft with a 0-60 time of 6.6-6.2 seconds and an MPG rating of 27 miles per gallon which compared to the DX and EX tanks in fuel economy, but the otherwise large fuel tank makes up for that. The all-new Settlement will release to the consumer market in mid-October if the market is up by then, if not then it’ll be pushed back for January/February 2021.

Gallery

Alissa Motor Co. ®️

3 Likes

Not bad looking, but those engines seem a bit outdated. :heart: for an I5.

1 Like

2018 Alissa Stellar Mk. II

Unveiled at the 2017 Seoul Motor Show the second-gen Stellar was an eye-catcher to many. With the large triangular grille or updated spacious interior, the Stellar was massively updated. Unveiled next to the 2018 Diego the Stellar brought a new sense of style to the otherwise boring lineup of the previous and at the time current generation Alissa models with (as said earlier) the massive but sleek triangular grille and angry sharp headlights although the rear of the Stellar remained slightly similar with a few touchups.

The interior of the Stellar got the biggest update being completely redesigned from its previous generation presenting new digital gauges and a standard 10" infotainment system and a dash-mounted shifted as opposed to the previous column-mounted shifter of the previous generation. The biggest thing about the current-gen model is the spacious interior since the previous generation Stellar was known for its terrible leg space in the rear and uncomfortable seating positions. This was all fixed with the Taimania design seats to give max comfort while giving others space, other features presented in the new Stellar are standard LED headlights, optional HUD, reversing camera, and optional leather seats.

Moving onto the engineering and trim levels. The current-gen Stellar only comes in 3 separate trim levels being Pop, Joy, and Zoom. The Pop is the baseline model of the Stellar featuring a turbo-charged 660cc i3 producing 57hp and 53lb-ft with a 0-60 time of 14.8 seconds. The MPG rating for the Pop is 63 miles-per-gallon and an MSRP of (in USD) $16,500.00. The Joy is the standard model of the Stellar featuring the same turbo 660cc i3 and a 0-60 time of 15.2 seconds and an MPG rating of 60 miles-per-gallon. The Zoom is the sport and highest trim level of the Stellar featuring a turbo-charged 1.0L i3 producing 103hp and 101lb-ft and a 0-60 time of 8.1 seconds. The MPG rating for the Zoom is 53 miles-per-gallon.

Gallery

Alissa Motor Co. ®️

5 Likes