AMCC - UE4 revival

QEA 5000 V8, 328hp, 340ft-lb, 155mph

Admittedly its somewhat hypocritical of me that I post a car a day after I said I’d not post any new cars for a while due to lack of creative energy but then again the Comet is hardly new, having first surfaced last year and being one of my first public UE4 designs. Also this is just a cleaned update of the initial UE4 version. This time the sports version sporting Accents excellent new Wheel mod.

7 Likes

Land yacht galore :grinning:

This is a 1995 AMCC Airacobra RS.

The Airacobra was an all-wheel drive Sports coupe produced by AMCC from 1985-2001. Both the first generation and this second generation were based on the mid-size AMCC Defiant AWD chassis. This meant a longitudinal configuration with a live rear axle on the first generation and independent rear suspension on the second gen. The second generation dropped the 2.5L Inline four engines in favour of the larger Concord and Quadtech 3.8L V6 engines. The RS model used a single-turbocharged version of the 3.8L Quadtech with 300hp and 345ft-lb paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. Like the predecessor there was also an RS-X with two instead of four seats and a more powerful engine, in this case a twin-turbo version of the Quadtech 3800 with 375hp and 420ft-lb. More aggressive bodywork made the RS-Xs presence immediately known.

Somewhere between the RS and RS-X slotted the RS-A, which used the naturally aspirated 5.0L Quadtech V8 normally found in the Comet GT and LX. This was necessary due to the 4-speed automatic transmission whose oil cooler had to be mounted in the space of the intercoolers. This made the Airacobra the only V8 powered mid-size car by AMCC.

8 Likes

It’s a beauty.