Anyone here into RC Cars?

Here’s some of mine. If you have some, share it here!

This was my first one. Was a Tamiya TT-01 full alum+graphite chassis with a 540 brushless motor and a thrist for spur gears. I was unknownly using wrong pitch pinions at that time. It was a replica of my 1:1 that was dismantled for painting at the time, and had functional lights. I’ve sold it as soon as I discovered a racing track on my city, and this car was outdated besides what is raced there. The shell was almost totalled on a crash before that.

Before buying my new race car, I got hold of this old Traxxas Stampede for really cheap. It was one of the first released, and was in terrible shape. I fixed some small things and ran it untill it got axed by unreability.

It received the butchered together Brasilia shell and some lights.

And also some new wheels and a RPM gearbox were fitted. This ones were shoot a little before it got dismantled.

So, for a new race car, I made a weird choice, that proved to be a great one. a brand new Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0.
It was the bodyless version, so a Linx Scorpion shell were fitted, along with a Savox servo, a SkyRC Toro sensored brushless combo and the FlySky receiver from the TT-01.

And after some months of use. I know it’s trashed, but remember, I was (and still) learning the racing art. After this shots, I took a pause from racing so I could finish the Brasilia.

I had a beach trip booked and decided I needed a RC to bring there. So I brought a used 2wd Traxxas Slash rolling shell, and fitted it with the electronics removed from the 4 Tec and Stampede.

And also the Stampede’s wheels. The body was lifted using the adjustable mounts from the pede and the fentders were cut, but instead of cutting them round like the other Monster Slashes out there, I took a template of the stock fenders before cutting and used them to make a cut with the exact same shape.

Recently it was fitted with a waterproof brushless system, and wider suspensions front and rear. And to the beach we are off again this new year’s eve. Here’s some pics at the track with zip ties limiting the suspension travel so it doesn’t flip up on every corner:

Next year I’m planning on get back at racing since now the Brasilia is “finished” (have you ever seen a finished project car? Me neither).

10 Likes

Those are some really nice RC cars. Have you ever thought about designing a car in Automation and then making it into a shell for one of those?

1 Like

i love RC cars. I have a JQ racing E-car and a Vattera twin hammers crawler.

This is my JQ just after it was built. After almost a year of use its not quite so pristine

I’m studing how to turn a beamng exported car into a 3d printable since 2 days ago when I saw a Gavril D-Series crawler body on Thingyverse.

1 Like

Thats a great lookin buggy. Put some pictures of the vaterra too!
And don’t be afraid of showing yours on not so pristine condition, you saw mine.

Here’s the inside of my JQ, im currently running a 2200kv hobby wing motor and speed controller, a savox servo and 2 6000 batteries.

I also forgot about this, my 1st RC. As you can tell it’s very tiny

I would take some pics from the Vattera but it’s buried in my shed under loads of tires and stuff and it would take me hours to get it out. I don’t really use it too much because it had a bad sensor cable which forced me to remove all the body panels to stop it from overheating

2 Likes

That buggy must rip! Nice little guy, I’m playing with the idea of have a small scale rc to play at home, since I usually have to travel to play with the big ones.

Today I designed a wheel for the slash to use airless paddle tyres. Now I just need a 3D Printer. This is the same size of the monster wheels it have now.

2 Likes

The little losi is very cheap, I got it ages ago for like $60 when I was young. It has a brushed motor, but now there is a brushless one too that will be ridiculously fast

I am also in RC a bit
This Traxxas Bandit. It is a very fun buggy, can drive on most terrain.

I got a new body and wing for my JQ today, the old ones were cracked and no good for racing

This new traxxas bodies are good lookers. It’s awesome to me how this platform can be a nimble buggy like the bandit and something as big as the monster and 5th scale slashes people build out there. I see you are almost out of thread on this tires, don’t throw the wheels away, it’s easy to remove the tyres after bathing them in boiling water. Then you can simply buy new tyres and glue with cyanoacrilate glue on the stock wheels. Something I forgot to mention, I make myself the tyres on my onroad cars, I buy a metre of 30cm wide foam rubber, enought to make 4 to 5 sets of tyres for the price of 1 set of brand name tyres. Them cut to size and glue to the wheels. Only works for onroad tyres unfortunally.

I can photoshop a color scheme for your new body if you send me a picture (ad photo for example) and how you want it to look.

Thanks for the advice. I was planning to buy new rear wheels and that thing with removing tires might save me some money.

Just make sure the tyres are designed for your wheel size. Maybe with the money saved not buyng wheels you can buy a pair of better quality tyres like the proline ones.

I have a 3D printer, but my design abilities are limited. I was trained in animation 3D, but CAD 3D is kinda alien to me. Trying to muddle my way through FreeCAD, but progress is slow. This is my progress in printing the Ossum Jeep:

I have selected parts from multiple contributes for maximum detail/accuracy, but I cant find good printable axles. I am willing to make some sort of trade if you like?

PM me.

I have this project saved for when my printer arrives. PMed you.

Forgot to post the render of the wheels. Now with sand tyres.

2 Likes