Anyone knows how to code game like Automation?

I love cars honestly. I was thinking of creating a game with cars where you create your own car, switch parts wheel etc, then race with this it. If you failed, then you add better engine or wheels… till you succeed.

And you need money for that as well.

I was thinking 2D but 3D can be too.

So how can I make it? I had coding in school, wasnt that hard… Should i make it in c++?

Gonna be straight with you chief. Chances are, you are not gonna be able to make a game like automation. Especially on your own. Camshaft have been working on automation since 2009 and its still no where close to complete. And they’re a team of like 4 people. My suggestion, if youre really interested in making games like automation, start small. Make something really basic like a platformer or something. Diving into a project with the kind of scope you have will only cause you to not want to continue and make you not enjoy coding.

8 Likes
I love cars honestly. I was thinking of creating a game with cars where you create your own car, switch parts wheel etc, then race with this it. If you failed, then you add better engine or wheels… till you succeed.

And you need money for that as well.

I was thinking 2D but 3D can be too.

So how can I make it? I had coding in school, wasnt that hard… Should i make it in c++?

I suggest you to use game engine. Different engines support different languages. Unity supports c#, unreal supports c++,godot supports many (but theyre lacking some api in godot). In unity you can make 2D and 3D games and there are ton of tutorials on internet, like this one (good for beginners but goes too quickly through c# lesson so you should learn c# on ur own).
Here’s c# tutorial.

Also. Making games cost ton of time.