Appreciate Your Thoughts & Opinions

I have recently started to play again and now there are tons of useful mods to help car building a bit easier. However, I think they can be a bit of a cop out and eventually we will be seeing many of the same parts so I try to stay away from them as much as possible. But my real question is can you guys give me your input on a car that I am trying to create? The idea is the car at the base trim is a basic family/commuter car like the Chevy Malibu, Toyota Camry etc. But with the right trim, it can also be a decent sports car.

Here is what I have so far:

Now before you go hating on it, I’ll be honest the headlights don’t look all that great and creating good ones have always been my kryptonite. I am seriously envious of companies like Scagliati and Holts that make good looking/practical ones.

It would also be helpful if you could maybe link what type of cars I should be looking at for reference!

Not much help, I know, but try angling the headlight upwards on the sides. This might help with that issue :grinning:

1 Like

it’s in the right sort of direction, but a little empty. and the lights are a bit too small. keep at it

2 Likes

Do you mean real life cars, or creations of other players?

Hello, welcome to the automation community, we’re very glad to have you :slight_smile:

If you’d like real time tips and tricks to improve your design, I highly reccomend you join the Automation Discord. There are plenty of people there happy to help you improve, and it’s a live chat, so we can help in real time.

If not, that’s fine too. I highly reccomend Titleguy1’s tutorial on design if you’re just starting out.

Fundamentally, you seem to have a good idea of what makes a modern design, I’d recommend you focus on the small details. Such as creating modern headlights., picking a grille that doesn’t feel so empty, or at least filling in the blank space with a badge.

Edit: I’d also recommend creating a company thread to post all your cars to. It also helps get you in the roleplaying tycoon mood.

1 Like

Real life cars would be preferable. I have no intention of stealing or leeching off of other peoples creations

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Well first cas the pop in to my mind. Base car / performance model
Audi A4 / RS4
Ford Mondeo / Mondeo ST220
BMW 520 / M5
Mazda 6 / 6 MPS
Skoda Octavia / Octavia RS

Now most of the cars mentioned here have base model which is around 100-140hp while the performance version is often 220-300hp
Now if those figures sound “low” for some reason this is that the cars that I thuoght are mostly mid 00’s cars
That’s 10 years ago, and during that time average sedan or wagon sold in europe had around 130-160hp
from 1.6 to 2.0l engine while performence models were with 2.0-2.5l engine.

1 Like

Those numbers sound about the same to what I’ve experienced. I’ve been going in between inline 4 and 5 cylinder engines.