Arion Automotive & Racing Co (Old)

Definitely the best-looking of the 90s Arions so far. Also a contender for the best-looking Arion, period (in my view at least).

2 Likes

absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Man oh man, those taillights are just so nice! Those rims too, and in black… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s really too bad your engine choices are more of a dream thing than a realistic expectation, because all of those designs are truely :nut: . Right there with the best I’ve seen here.

1 Like

Thank you! :sparkles: I definitely think with time and the effort I’m spending more of into my designs, hopefully more good 90’s cars will come :3

Thank you! :sparkles:

I actually struggled thinking of the taillight design, but once I had it set out I knew it’d be a winner! Thank you! :sparkles:

The in-game stats for engineering time and others are generally high! In real life I’d imagine some of them would be way too complicated too haha. Thank you very much though! I’m glad you think highly of my designs! :sparkles:

Arion Arargte - 9.0L “900” V16 - Luxury TwinTurbo {1993}

Featured in Arion Glossy Deep Gloss Blue

Following from the Aquila, the Arargte II was produced with similar styling and looks, but being a full size sedan over a sports GT. The expensive, flashy chrome looks followed it’s price, but for what you got you couldn’t really get anything better than this… A 9.0L V16 powered AWD sedan with an extravagant luxury interior and outstanding economy and emissions to boot the power it produced. The Arargte was subpar to none in it’s category.

Featured in Arion Sterling Silver IV

The advanced slick partial aluminium body and re-worked high performance V16 powertrain on the 4 gear advanced automatic gearbox gave it an outstanding 45mpg average, and a monsterous 470hp to move the very weighty 2030kg corrosion resistant chassis. The exquisite chrome trim gave it a very rich look, looking quite more refined and sleeker than older Arion luxury sedans.

Featured in Arion Off-Purple

Thanks to the giga-powerplant of an engine the Arargte used, it could do 0-62mph in 5 seconds dead, and reach speeds of over 180mph (186mph) if given enough road. When tested around the air field track, it accomplished an outstanding 1:25.64, proving it’s self as a super saloon car.

Front longitudinal AWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
2030kg (62% Front/38% Rear)
469.9hp @ 6500RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 9,004cc/9.0L - DOHC-64 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.4:1 Compression - 45.5mpg
Normal front & suicide doors - 19 inch chrome rims & fancy Chrome trim - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 5’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Luxury 4 seater & Luxury CD - Luxury/Luxury P./GT P./Muscle P. - £61,374 (0%) & £73,649 (20%)

Arion Arargte GL - 9.0L “900” V16 - Luxury TwinTurbo {1993}

Featured in Arion Deep Ruby

For those with even more money to spend, the Arargte GL was available, coming in the more luxury deep tones, snazzier rims and chrome accenting on the front bumper and wing mirrors.

Featured in Arion Emerald Dusk

Because of how up-class the Arargte and Arargte GL models were, they were quite limited production, usually being sold and made to order from buyers across the globe.

Featured in Arion GL Black

Lower production numbers aside, the Arargte sold a storm in the luxury market, asserting dominance in all factors; luxuries, comfort, performance, and prestige.

Front longitudinal AWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
2070kg (62% Front/38% Rear)
469.9hp @ 6500RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 9,004cc/9.0L - DOHC-64 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.4:1 Compression - 46.9mpg
Normal front & suicide doors - 19 inch chrome GL rims on less sporty medium tyres & fancy GL Chrome trim and badging - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 5’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Hand Made 4 seater & Luxury CD - Luxury/Luxury P./GT P./GT - £59,820 (0%) & £77,767 (30%)

Arion Arargte La Elegance - 9.0L “900” V16 - Luxury TwinTurbo {1993}

Featured in Arion Cosmos Pearl III

To go with the GL model, a special Cosmos edition was released with only 603 being sold by request. The La Elegance was a special exclusive trim designed by Cosmos with re-designed headlights, taillights, wheels and chrome trim to give a throwback look to the original Cosmos designed 1959 Arargte.

2070kg (62% Front/38% Rear)
469.9hp @ 6500RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 9,004cc/9.0L - DOHC-64 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.4:1 Compression - 46.9mpg
Normal front & suicide doors - 19 inch chrome Elegance rims on less sporty medium tyres & extravagant Elegance Chrome trim and badging - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 5’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Hand Made 4 seater & Luxury CD - Luxury/Luxury P./GT P./GT - £59,820 (0%) & £77,767 (30%)

Also make sure to check out the Junction Produce equipped version I entered into a VIP contest!

10 Likes

Not sure how I failed to notice it before but I’m digging the roofline on this one. Great job as usual, looks opulent and muscular!

1 Like

1995_chrysler_lhs_sedan_base_s_oem_1_500

Reminds me of this.

1 Like

Ooh, I’m not sure what that is but yeah I can see it too! cx

First gen Chrysler LHS. Fantastic car, but in contrast to yours, it has FWD and a V6 lol

1 Like

Arion ECC Concept Type-C - 2.0L “199I4” I4 - Standard Turbo {1993}

The early 1990s began to revolutionise the automotive industry with pushes in aerodynamics, and come 1993, the Arion ECC (Eco City Car) Concept Type-C was born. An experimental carbon fibre chassis and body teardrop shaped car with a very futuristic vibe to it. It was never sold, and only one prototype was developed and kept on display at Arion’s HQ in the Yorkshire Moors.

Arion claimed the car got record breaking MPGs with over 100mpgs (109mpg), but in testing it averaged about 70-80mpgs maximum, still incredibly impressive considering their use of the basic 199I4 engine used in the Spica that transfered neatly into the ECC Concept Type-C.

This interesting one-off speculative concept although having old design cues from the Cygnus and Starling, helped the design team make use of new techniques and materials, to use in future cars.

Mid transverse RWD - 5 gear manual - F&R Pushrod
774kg (39% Front/61% Rear)
105.6hp @ 4900RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 1,998cc/2.0L - DOHC-16 Turbo Multi Point EFI - 9.2:1 Compression - 109mpg
Suicide front doors - Lower door windows - 19 inch chrome aero rims on low profile long life tyres - Targa top - Very aerodynamic body - Active cooling flaps - Cyberpunky future styling - Luxury 2 seater & Luxury CD - Super/Hyper/Conv. S./GT P. - £86,977 (0%) & £104,373 (30%)

7 Likes

With the right tuning, the four-pot in the back of the EEC Concept could be tuned to over 300 horsepower to create a high-performance variant - which is something it would deserve if it were ever to go into production. After all, its slippery aerodynamics make it much easier to reach high speeds with less horsepower and displacement.

1 Like

That might be the most detailed 90s Action I’ve seen.

I didn’t even notice some of the other details in that initially. So well done, cyberpunk and yet also period-correct. Great job!

1 Like

Arion Bullet IV - 3.7L “365” V16 - Sports NA HRPM {1993}

Arion Ad

My first real go at creating an advert for Arion! I’m pretty glad with how it turned out, and would love constructive criticism and to know your reaction to it! Also many thanks to @CorsicaUnknown for helping me out with guidance on editing this together!

With the recent success from the newly released Arargte, Aquila, and Starling, the long awaited forth re-incarnation of the Bullet was released to fit neatly in place of the discontinued Cygnus S500 edition, as well as improve upon it. Using a mixture of aluminium and carbon fibre chassis the Bullet became slightly lighter, but more interestingly, the 5.0L V16 used in the S500 was exchanged for a newly produced 3.7L N/A V16 with a bit less power. However thanks to the lightened chassis and AWD system, it was a couple second faster around the Air Field track, on top of sporting more modern looks.

Featured in Arion Classic Red II

With the comeback of the Bullet name, a few new colours got revised and released with it; White Shine III, Solde Blue III and Classic Red II, a complete overhaul to the original V1 Bullet paint. The abstract new curvy style gave the Bullet a new look entirely, and it sure is an eye-catcher with it’s low front end, and swooping fastback rear. Aerodynamics were key to aiding the Bullet be faster as a replacement model to the S500 along with it’s lightness and new engine, so they worked the wind into big side vents and dual naca ducts on the rear hatch. The active aero flaps on the front and rear wings aided it in braking and in steering around corners, when the car goes over 40mph.

Featured in Arion Deep Gloss Blue

The slick, sexy and contemporary new looks alongside outstanding performance gathered a multitude of buyers. Thanks to this new impulse in the market, Arion Automotive grew to be much more stable as a company, and decided to invest within it’s self for the future.

Rear longitudinal AWD - 5 gear manual - F Pushrod & R Double wishbone
1240kg (31% Front/69% Rear)
403.4hp @ 9300RPM - 9500 redline - Full Aluminium 3,650cc/3.7L - DOHC-64 N/A Multi Point EFI - 10.2:1 Compression - 51.2mpg
Gullwing front doors with roof glass - Active aero flaps (front and rear wings) - Defrosting rear glass - Dual 3.2’ exhausts - Bullet side insignia - Luxury 2 seater & Luxury CD - Super/GT P./Muscle P./Hyper - £57,104 (0%) & £68,525 (30%)

Arion Bullet IV Auto - 3.7L “365” V16 - Sports NA HRPM {1993}

Featured in Arion White Shine III with Arion Classic Red II calipers

The Bullet also came in automatic transmission, with slightly reduced performance and MPG figures, but being a bit more comfortable from ease of use. It was a bit more to upgrade to the automatic, but it seemed to be a more popular choice than manual to some markets.

Featured in Solde Blue III

The “HRPM” in the engine name stands for High Revolutions Per Minute, as this is one of the highest revving engines Arion have produced, which helps create a very unique, desirable exhaust note.

Featured in Arion Emerald Dusk

The Bullet IV achieved a speedy 1:19.85 around the air field track, along with a 1/4 mile time of 13.27s. When tested at Bruntingthorpe proving ground, it managed to hit it’s estimated top speed of 182mph before braking.

Featured in Arion Off-Purple

Rear longitudinal AWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F Pushrod & R Double wishbone
1250kg (31% Front/69% Rear)
403.4hp @ 9300RPM - 9500 redline - Full Aluminium 3,650cc/3.7L - DOHC-64 N/A Multi Point EFI - 10.2:1 Compression - 59.1mpg
Gullwing front doors with roof glass - Active aero flaps (front and rear wings) - Defrosting rear glass - Dual 3.2’ exhausts - Bullet side insignia - Luxury 2 seater & Luxury CD - Super/GT P./Muscle P./Hyper - £57,270 (0%) & £68,725 (30%)

15 Likes

First Arion without suicide doors.

Arion Starling TwinTurbo Sport - 2.0L “199” V6 - Sport TwinTurbo {1993}

To go with the new looks of the Bullet, a revised facelift Starling got released in limited numbers with Sport and GL trims being the only options. The engine was re-tuned to produce more power to make up for the weight, as well as the body having new aero features like sporty bumpers, intakes, and a thick rear spoiler.

Mid transverse RWD - 5 gear manual - F&R Pushrod
1070kg (43% Front/57% Rear)
254.2hp @ 7500RPM - 8200 redline - Full Aluminium 1,998cc/2.0L - DOHC-24 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.6:1 Compression - 36.5mpg
Normal front doors - Targa T-top - Door side glass - Fixed headlights - Sport package trim with 18 inch S rims & improved aero package with sport spoiler - Sport 2 seater & Premium Cassette - Sport/Track P./Track/L. Sport P. - £24,421 (0%) & £29,305 (20%)

Arion Starling TwinTurbo GL - 2.0L “199” V6 - Sport TwinTurbo {1993}

The Starling GL was a bit more tame, but was quite a lot more comfortable than it’s other trims, thanks to the softer suspension and plush hand crafted interior, which followed onto the exterior with a thin strip of chrome elegantly flowing around the car, with an extended Bullet insignia along the re-worked suicide doors.

Mid transverse RWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F&R Pushrod
1120kg (43% Front/57% Rear)
254.2hp @ 7500RPM - 8200 redline - Full Aluminium 1,998cc/2.0L - DOHC-24 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.6:1 Compression - 35.4mpg
Suicide front doors - Targa T-top - Door side glass - Fixed headlights - GL package trim with 18 inch GL rims - Hand Made 2 seater & Luxury CD - GT/Sport/L. Sport P./GT P. - £36,959 (0%) & £44,350 (20%)

11 Likes

The updated Bullet and Starling are definitely lookers for sure, and they have the moves to back them up as well. The former is certainly more than good enough to, erm, make its competitors bite the bullet and develop something to counter it.

1 Like

Plenty of high-calibre nut right there, incredible job

1 Like

Arion Heron C - 4.5L “454” V8 - Standard TwinTurbo {1994}

In 1994 the third generation Arion Heron was released, the “C” model. It displayed a much more modern curvy body compared to the last generation in the mid to late 80’s. The modern 90’s Arion styling was recurring in it’s design, sharing similar headlights and bumpers to the other models in the range, although all sized and shaped differently to add some diversity.

Front longitudinal AWD - 5 gear manual - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
1460kg (58% Front/42% Rear)
345.2hp @ 6100RPM - 6100 redline - Full Aluminium 4,542cc/4.5L - DOHC-40 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.3:1 Compression - 41.8mpg
Suicide front doors - Panoramic sunroof - Stylish sporty redesign - Quad exhaust tips in central mount - Fancy 16 inch rims - Premium 4 seater & Premium CD - Sport/Fun P./GT/Muscle - £24,283 (0%) & £29,140 (20%)

Arion Heron C Auto - 4.5L “454” V8 - Standard TwinTurbo {1994}

Featured in Arion Ivory Pearl II

The new Heron came with either a 4 speed advanced automatic gearbox with sport shifting enabled through an analogue button on the wheel, or a 5 speed manual with ergonomic leather shift knob. The plush interior comforts along with dynamic AWD provides a very relaxing ride wherever you go, and with over 345hp, you may go there with speed and style thanks to the newly developed 4.5L TwinTurbo V8.

1470kg (58% Front/42% Rear)
345.2hp @ 6100RPM - 6100 redline - Full Aluminium 4,542cc/4.5L - DOHC-40 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.3:1 Compression - 38.6mpg
Suicide front doors - Panoramic sunroof - Stylish sporty redesign - Quad exhaust tips in central mount - Fancy 16 inch rims - Premium 4 seater & Premium CD - Fun P./Sport/GT/Muscle - £24,399 (0%) & £29,278 (20%)

Arion Heron C Spyder - 4.5L “454” V8 - Standard TwinTurbo {1994}

Featured in Arion White Shine III

The Arion Perseus was cut off production in '93 to make way for the Heron, having it’s own Spyder variation as well, which did very well in sales. Not to say the coupe didn’t, because it was sold very well on it’s own accord. The Spyder was much heavier because of the automatic roof technology. The roof could be deployed by a button on the wheel at below 30mph, and within 30 seconds the roof would be down for an excellent open top experience.

Front longitudinal AWD - 5 gear manual - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
1570kg (57% Front/43% Rear)
345.2hp @ 6100RPM - 6100 redline - Full Aluminium 4,542cc/4.5L - DOHC-40 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.3:1 Compression - 40.3mpg
Suicide front doors - Convertible Spyder top - Stylish sporty redesign - Quad exhaust tips in central mount - Fancy 16 inch rims - Premium 2 seater & Premium CD - Conv. Sport/Conv. Sport B./Sport/Muscle - £24,049 (0%) & £31,264 (30%)

Arion Heron C Spyder Auto - 4.5L “454” V8 - Standard TwinTurbo {1994}

The Heron C was offered with free additional extras such as a 3 year warranty and service to encourage more sales, as well as having a grand selection of all Arion modern colours; Classic Red II, Ivory Pearl II, White Shine III, Deep Gloss Blue, Solde Blue III, Ultramarine Turquoise, Emerald Dusk and Deep Ruby.

1580kg (57% Front/43% Rear)
345.2hp @ 6100RPM - 6100 redline - Full Aluminium 4,542cc/4.5L - DOHC-40 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.3:1 Compression - 37.9mpg
Suicide front doors - Convertible Spyder top - Stylish sporty redesign - Quad exhaust tips in central mount - Fancy 16 inch rims - Premium 2 seater & Premium CD - Conv. Sport/Conv. Sport B./Sport/Muscle - £24,278 (0%) & £31,561 (30%)

Arion Heron C Great Egret - 4.5L “454” V8 - Standard TwinTurbo {1994}

Featured in Arion Deep Ruby

Along with the Heron, the Great Egret trim was offered. The Great Egret was a limited edition with much more plush insides, and elegant chrome trim on the outside. As an optional extra, Cosmos Pearl III was an available colour for an extra £2,150.

1520kg (58% Front/42% Rear)
345.2hp @ 6100RPM - 6100 redline - Full Aluminium 4,542cc/4.5L - DOHC-40 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.3:1 Compression - 36.3mpg
Suicide front doors - Panoramic sunroof - Stylish sporty redesign & Great Egret chrome trim + badging - Quad exhaust tips in central mount - Great Egret 17 inch rims - Luxury 4 seater & Luxury CD - GT/GT P./Muscle P./Premium - £36,579 (0%) & £43,895 (20%)

Arion Heron C Great Egret Spyder - 4.5L “454” V8 - Standard TwinTurbo {1994}

Featured in Arion Cosmos Pearl III

The highest specification of the Heron was the Great Egret Spyder, as well as being the heaviest and most expensive. It came with hydrodynamic suspension and the upgraded luxury insides for a much more high end experience.

1610kg (57% Front/43% Rear)
345.2hp @ 6100RPM - 6100 redline - Full Aluminium 4,542cc/4.5L - DOHC-40 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.3:1 Compression - 35.1mpg
Suicide front doors - Convertible Spyder top - Stylish sporty redesign & Great Egret chrome trim + badging - Quad exhaust tips in central mount - Great Egret 17 inch rims - Luxury 2 seater & Luxury CD - Conv. Sport/Conv. P./Muscle P./Sport - £33,005 (0%) & £46,206 (40%)

7 Likes