Arion Automotive & Racing Co (Old)

Really nicely detailed minivan! The rear is specially lovely and matches the early 90s wonderfully. Just a quick thing, a 5 speed manual wasn’t a problem in the early to mid 80s let alone the early 90s, so it could have had one no problem. Great car regardless!

1 Like

Nice use of the Colt body to make it look more like a small minivan. It really needs a 5-speed manual, though.

1 Like

Thank you both for the comments! :sparkles:

The use of a 4 speed over 5 speed manual seemed to help both in market and stats wise more than a 5 amazingly, so I chose that, I suppose it adds to the quirkiness of Arion cars too hehe :3c. But there is always room for generation three or a second facelift to feature the more advanced 5 speed!

1 Like

Arion Starling TwinTurbo - 2.0L “199” V6 - Sport TwinTurbo {1990}

Featured in Arion Starbursting Yellow

The revival of the Starling came about from a proposal from Sisten/Corsica to Arion after seeing the news of their near-miss bankruptcy to Aruna Jr. Sisten and Corsica staff had talks with Arion and Cosmos, and an agreement was made collaborate to produce a new lightweight, fun, and affordable sports car. Arion were funded by Sisten as a big contributor to them within a partnership, them owning a stake of 29.6% in Arion Automotive.

Featured in Arion Uber Purple

Arion set out to produce an advanced new chassis for the Starling to be built upon, using modern materials and components to make snazzy magnesium wheels, and a super light chassis to mount their lively 2.0L V6 TwinTurbo engine used before in the Perseus. The Starling held up it’s neat performance and chassis along with luxurious sporty racing bolstered seats and an AM/FM radio, cassette deck with four grand quality surround sound speakers.

Featured in Arion Brilliant Blue

The interesting use of air suspension helped the Starling’s performance and comfort over most of it’s competitors, although it was more intended for racy uses. A top speed of 138mph was done, restricted by the high maintenance aero underbody and lips. But a nice 5.22s 0-62mph was achieved on top of a 13.74s 1/4 mile time. In testing around the Airfield track, it stormed out a 1:25.17.

Mid transverse RWD - 5 gear manual - F&R Pushrod
1020kg (43% Front/57% Rear)
193.4hp @ 6700RPM - 7500 redline - Full Aluminium 1,998cc/2.0L - DOHC-24 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.6:1 Compression - 35.9mpg
Normal front doors - Targa T-top - Door side glass - Pop down headlights - Stylish Rear louvers - Sport 2 seater & Premium Cassette - Sport/L. Sport P./Super/Track P. - £20,848 (0%) & £25,017 (20%)

Arion Starling TwinTurbo Auto - 2.0L “199” V6 - Sport TwinTurbo {1990}

Featured in Arion Hellfire

The automatic version of the Starling was sold with the manual in the UK and exported across the globe if worldwide buyers desired. The automatic gearbox was produced on Corsica’s behalf, tweaked for a more drivable, easy ride.

Featured in Arion Emerald Dusk

Much like the original Starling, it gained popularity and a following for the wedge shape and distinctive styling cues. However it was slightly more tame compared to the first generation.

Mid transverse RWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F&R Pushrod
1030kg (43% Front/57% Rear)
193.4hp @ 6700RPM - 7500 redline - Full Aluminium 1,998cc/2.0L - DOHC-24 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.6:1 Compression - 33.5mpg
Normal front doors - Targa T-top - Door side glass - Pop down headlights - Stylish Rear louvers - Sport 2 seater & Premium Cassette - Sport/L. Sport P./Sport B./L. Sport - £21,000 (0%) & £25,201 (20%)

Check out Corsica’s half of our collaboration too!

13 Likes

Looks like an 80s wet dream, absolutely RAD :weary:

3 Likes

V16 when

1 Like

Arion Caelum TwinTurbo - 5.0L “499” V16 - Luxury TwinTurbo {1991}

Featured in Arion Emerald Dusk & Arion Grey Monotone two tone

With the Dune’s grand success, Arion created it’s cousin the Caelum, which was essentially a re-worked Dune chassis to work better as an offroading SUV and overall luxury premium car. The Caelum was certainly a fancy SUV, but it worked as well on-road as off-road just about.

Featured in Arion Deep Ruby & Arion Grey Monotone two tone

The interior has plush leather seating reminiscent to that of luxury sofas, as well as a top of the range sound system. It even had room in the boot space for just about any large appliance or even a small tree with the rear seats folded down. This grand utility didn’t stop there, as the fuel tank was central under the seats, leaving room on the rear undercarriage for a spare wheel.

Featured in Arion Ultramarine Turquoise & Arion Black two tone

The Caelum came in various colours which could be done with or without a protective lower two-tone paint. New for the Arion colours, Ultramarine Turquoise was presented as it’s go-to visual choice colour for all those wanting not just to stand out, but look all shiny and fancy whilst doing so.

Featured in Arion Off-Purple & Arion Black two tone

Front longitudinal AWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
1850kg (54% Front/46% Rear)
205.1hp @ 4800RPM - 6000 redline - Full Aluminium 4,994cc/5.0L - DOHC-80 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.3:1 Compression - 36.1mpg
Normal front & suicide rear doors - Fancy chrome accenting - Roof racks - Dual sunroofs - Light bar - Tow hook - Mudflaps - Luxury 4 seater & Luxury Cassette - Conv. P./Offroad P./Conv. Luxury/Luxury - £31,162 (0%) & £37,395 (20%)

2 Likes

Arion Aquila 2+2 - 4.0L “399” V16 - Sports N/A {1993}

Featured in Arion Off-Purple

In 1993, the revival of the Aquila name was brought about in an extravagant new style being very slick and smooth looking. It weighed into the GT car category well but some muscle and sports car enthusiasts loved the new N/A 4.0L V16 motor, it being extremely smooth on the throttle and overall great feeling.

The new Aquila shared similar features to the first version; the fancy bonnet intake and elegant Arion bullet side insignia, but along with this it had a whole re-design from the original that followed the new direction the company was going with a smooth blob-like design.

Featured in Arion Hellfire

Knowing of it’s racing heritage, designers at Cosmos helped make the Aquila have a speedy performance to go with the style upgrade. It could hit an amazing 183mph, and 0-62mph in 5.34s, with a 1/4 mile time of just under 14 seconds (13.74s), and a reasonable 1:24.84 around the air field track.

Front longitudinal RWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
1420kg (59% Front/41% Rear)
367.4hp @ 8100RPM - 8500 redline - Full Aluminium 3,996cc/4.0L - DOHC-64 N/A Multi Point EFI - 10.0:1 Compression - 43.6mpg
Suicide front doors - Fancy chrome accenting - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 3’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Luxury 2+2 seater & Luxury CD - GT/GT P./Super/Muscle P. - £49,044 (0%) & £58,853 (20%)

Arion Aquila GT - 4.0L “399” V16 - Sports N/A {1993}

Featured in Arion Sterling Silver IV

The Aquila came in the same trim levels as the original, only now with a GL trim, the most luxury of all Arion trim levels. The GT had upgraded rear seating over the 2+2, which was more effective as a GT and GTP car.

Featured in Arion Deep Gloss Blue

The 1990s brought about new colours for Arion too, and in 1993: Deep Gloss Blue, as well as classic colours were revised, Ivory Pearl II and Sterling Silver IV.

Featured in Arion Ivory Pearl II

Front longitudinal RWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
1470kg (59% Front/41% Rear)
367.4hp @ 8100RPM - 8500 redline - Full Aluminium 3,996cc/4.0L - DOHC-64 N/A Multi Point EFI - 10.0:1 Compression - 42.9mpg
Suicide front doors - Fancy chrome accenting - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 3’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Luxury 4 seater & Luxury CD - GT P./GT/Muscle P./Luxury - £49,044 (0%) & £58,853 (20%)

Arion Aquila GL - 4.0L “399” V16 - Sports N/A {1993}

Featured in Arion Deep Ruby and Ivory Pearl II two tone

The GL trim Aquila is the highest trim level, being a limited edition with an extravagant hand made interior and chrome accenting with GL badges and upgraded 19 inch wheels. As usual, the GL was available in standard or two-tone colour schemes.

Featured in Arion GL Black

Featured in Arion Solde Blue & Arion Black two tone

1480kg (59% Front/41% Rear)
367.4hp @ 8100RPM - 8500 redline - Full Aluminium 3,996cc/4.0L - DOHC-64 N/A Multi Point EFI - 10.0:1 Compression - 42.9mpg
Suicide front doors - 19 inch GL rims & GL Chrome trim - Fancy chrome accenting - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 3’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Hand Made 4 seater & Luxury CD - GT P./GT/Muscle P./Luxury - £62,608 (0%) & £75,130 (20%)

11 Likes

Definitely the best-looking of the 90s Arions so far. Also a contender for the best-looking Arion, period (in my view at least).

2 Likes

absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Man oh man, those taillights are just so nice! Those rims too, and in black… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s really too bad your engine choices are more of a dream thing than a realistic expectation, because all of those designs are truely :nut: . Right there with the best I’ve seen here.

1 Like

Thank you! :sparkles: I definitely think with time and the effort I’m spending more of into my designs, hopefully more good 90’s cars will come :3

Thank you! :sparkles:

I actually struggled thinking of the taillight design, but once I had it set out I knew it’d be a winner! Thank you! :sparkles:

The in-game stats for engineering time and others are generally high! In real life I’d imagine some of them would be way too complicated too haha. Thank you very much though! I’m glad you think highly of my designs! :sparkles:

Arion Arargte - 9.0L “900” V16 - Luxury TwinTurbo {1993}

Featured in Arion Glossy Deep Gloss Blue

Following from the Aquila, the Arargte II was produced with similar styling and looks, but being a full size sedan over a sports GT. The expensive, flashy chrome looks followed it’s price, but for what you got you couldn’t really get anything better than this… A 9.0L V16 powered AWD sedan with an extravagant luxury interior and outstanding economy and emissions to boot the power it produced. The Arargte was subpar to none in it’s category.

The advanced slick partial aluminium body and re-worked high performance V16 powertrain on the 4 gear advanced automatic gearbox gave it an outstanding 45mpg average, and a monsterous 470hp to move the very weighty 2030kg corrosion resistant chassis. The exquisite chrome trim gave it a very rich look, looking quite more refined and sleeker than older Arion luxury sedans.

Featured in Arion Off-Purple

Thanks to the giga-powerplant of an engine the Arargte used, it could do 0-62mph in 5 seconds dead, and reach speeds of over 180mph (186mph) if given enough road. When tested around the air field track, it accomplished an outstanding 1:25.64, proving it’s self as a super saloon car.

Front longitudinal AWD - 4 gear adv. automatic - F Double wishbone & R MultiLink
2030kg (62% Front/38% Rear)
469.9hp @ 6500RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 9,004cc/9.0L - DOHC-64 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.4:1 Compression - 45.5mpg
Normal front & suicide doors - 19 inch chrome rims & fancy Chrome trim - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 5’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Luxury 4 seater & Luxury CD - Luxury/Luxury P./GT P./Muscle P. - £61,374 (0%) & £73,649 (20%)

Arion Arargte GL - 9.0L “900” V16 - Luxury TwinTurbo {1993}

Featured in Arion Deep Ruby

For those with even more money to spend, the Arargte GL was available, coming in the more luxury deep tones, snazzier rims and chrome accenting on the front bumper and wing mirrors.

Because of how up-class the Arargte and Arargte GL models were, they were quite limited production, usually being sold and made to order from buyers across the globe.

Featured in Arion GL Black

Lower production numbers aside, the Arargte sold a storm in the luxury market, asserting dominance in all factors; luxuries, comfort, performance, and prestige.

2070kg (62% Front/38% Rear)
469.9hp @ 6500RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 9,004cc/9.0L - DOHC-64 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.4:1 Compression - 46.9mpg
Normal front & suicide doors - 19 inch chrome GL rims on less sporty medium tyres & fancy GL Chrome trim and badging - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 5’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Hand Made 4 seater & Luxury CD - Luxury/Luxury P./GT P./GT - £59,820 (0%) & £77,767 (30%)

Arion Arargte La Elegance - 9.0L “900” V16 - Luxury TwinTurbo {1993}

Featured in Arion Cosmos Pearl III

To go with the GL model, a special Cosmos edition was released with only 603 being sold by request. The La Elegance was a special exclusive trim designed by Cosmos with re-designed headlights, taillights, wheels and chrome trim to give a throwback look to the original Cosmos designed 1959 Arargte.

2070kg (62% Front/38% Rear)
469.9hp @ 6500RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 9,004cc/9.0L - DOHC-64 TwinTurbo Multi Point EFI - 9.4:1 Compression - 46.9mpg
Normal front & suicide doors - 19 inch chrome Elegance rims on less sporty medium tyres & extravagant Elegance Chrome trim and badging - Panoramic sunroof - Window brake light - Quad 5’ exhausts - Active cooling flaps - Hand Made 4 seater & Luxury CD - Luxury/Luxury P./GT P./GT - £59,820 (0%) & £77,767 (30%)

Also make sure to check out the Junction Produce equipped version I entered into a VIP contest!

10 Likes

Not sure how I failed to notice it before but I’m digging the roofline on this one. Great job as usual, looks opulent and muscular!

1 Like

1995_chrysler_lhs_sedan_base_s_oem_1_500

Reminds me of this.

1 Like

Ooh, I’m not sure what that is but yeah I can see it too! cx

First gen Chrysler LHS. Fantastic car, but in contrast to yours, it has FWD and a V6 lol

1 Like

Arion ECC Concept Type-C - 2.0L “199I4” I4 - Standard Turbo {1993}

The early 1990s began to revolutionise the automotive industry with pushes in aerodynamics, and come 1993, the Arion ECC (Eco City Car) Concept Type-C was born. An experimental carbon fibre chassis and body teardrop shaped car with a very futuristic vibe to it. It was never sold, and only one prototype was developed and kept on display at Arion’s HQ in the Yorkshire Moors.

Arion claimed the car got record breaking MPGs with over 100mpgs (109mpg), but in testing it averaged about 70-80mpgs maximum, still incredibly impressive considering their use of the basic 199I4 engine used in the Spica that transfered neatly into the ECC Concept Type-C.

This interesting one-off speculative concept although having old design cues from the Cygnus and Starling, helped the design team make use of new techniques and materials, to use in future cars.

Mid transverse RWD - 5 gear manual - F&R Pushrod
774kg (39% Front/61% Rear)
105.6hp @ 4900RPM - 6500 redline - Full Aluminium 1,998cc/2.0L - DOHC-16 Turbo Multi Point EFI - 9.2:1 Compression - 109mpg
Suicide front doors - Lower door windows - 19 inch chrome aero rims on low profile long life tyres - Targa top - Very aerodynamic body - Active cooling flaps - Cyberpunky future styling - Luxury 2 seater & Luxury CD - Super/Hyper/Conv. S./GT P. - £86,977 (0%) & £104,373 (30%)

7 Likes

With the right tuning, the four-pot in the back of the EEC Concept could be tuned to over 300 horsepower to create a high-performance variant - which is something it would deserve if it were ever to go into production. After all, its slippery aerodynamics make it much easier to reach high speeds with less horsepower and displacement.

1 Like