ARM Chapter 3: Scouting for the Perfect Restomod (HARVESTING COMPLETE)

coming soon , the G’s Project Scout Adventure ( WIP )

5 Likes

a small teaser form Copper Works (WIP)

6 Likes

we kinda got the same idea lol

I missed that change in text. So, by galvanized panels you mean Treated Panels right? (which is very different from galvanization, much more involved, but does keep the original panels) So we could change both panels to Treated and chassis to Galvanized with only a small penalty? Just wanted to confirm.

Again, so jealous of your work, that looks badass.

1 Like

Treated too, yeah that is fine! I’ll edit the brief to match. Thanks for checking!

Hey HelloHi, was just looking for a quick clarification. When you say it needs to have two seat per row, does that mean it needs to have a backseat? Or will a two seater be OK?

Since the pickup is a valid choice, I read it as needing 2 seats per available rows on the model. If the model has three rows, it would be 6 seats, two rows 4, one row 2.

just curious, can we enter more than one car?

introducing the Copper Works Scout OVERLANDER

10 Likes

Nope, but you are free to make more than one car, decide which you like more and submit that one!

1 Like

Karhgath has the right read here, the “at least 2 seats per row” rule is simply to remove any cheese possibilities with seating. There is no logical reason for one of these cars to have a singular seat in a row, and so I figured it was worth including as an instabinnable rule. A two seater is fine, as long as both seats are in the same row!

1 Like

Aura Motors International Scout resto

8 Likes

Sparky T’s Customs Baja Scout, it features an all new interior with all the modern conveniences one would expect for today’s cars like an infotainment touchscreen radio, ac, and a automatic gearbox. Powered by a fuel injected, all aluminum 5.9 liter V8 crate motor, it should be able to get you anywhere you may want to go.

6 Likes

"Scout Wrangler" - 1965 International Harvester Scout 80

by MTL Customs & Classics

More Images

SpecsLogos

Highlights

• Remanufactured AMC 258 Jeep Engine with Holley Sniper EFI conversion, low friction pistons
  • 4WD conversion with ABS, Traction Control, XCRAWL mode and Locking Diff
  • 16" steel rims
  • LT235/85R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Tyre
  • Solid disk brakes front and rear, with upgraded booster
  • 4L60E HydraMatic 4WD 4-speed automatic transmission
  • Dana 44 axles, adjustable AiROCK air suspension and lift kit with up to 24" clearance
  • Offroad tuned engine and gearing with overdrive 4th gear
  • Offroad front sway bar control
  • 100% hand made interior
  • Heads up display and premium infotainment

The body and soul of the Scout, the heart of the Wrangler, the luxury of today

This restomoded IH Scout 80 SUV body is inspired by the Scout's younger Jeep cousin - the Wrangler YJ. Keeping the soul of the Scout with all original panels and chassis, but treated and galvanized, it stays true to the original lines and profile but includes all the offroad performance and reliability you'd expect from the original Wrangler.

The old half-8 engine is swapped out with the much better AMC 258 engine that powered later models of IH Scouts and Jeeps for years. This is a low torque beast of a motor that has been converted to EFI with a Holley Sniper kit, complemented by a right-side exhaust and low friction pistons with improved seals. This beast is the perfect offroad companion with 192hp and over 230 lb-ft of torque between 1,500 and 3,800 rpm, while retaining low emissions and adequate fuel economy.

The 100mph-limited Scout Wrangler, at nearly 4400 lbs, comes with a cruising overdrive gear when you need to hop on the highway to get to your trail as quickly as possible but keep enough fuel in the tank. The 4WD conversion also comes with much more modern driving aids like ABS, TC and locking diff to meet all challenges on and off the road.

With beefy Duratrac rubbers, the Scout Wrangler will be at home in snow, ice, mud, sand and crawling through rocks - it is truly an all-terrain and all-season beast, made for the challenges of the Colorado Rockies or of the Baja desert. It is mounted with a robust offroad bumper with auxiliary lighting and winch, heavy duty front grill, wheel well guards, side rock sliders, offroad skid trays and a galvanized steel rear bumper with integrated step, towball and handle bars.

The suspension was completely redone, with Dana 44 axles all around and an AiROCK system with a lift kit providing precise and controllable clearance for all your offroad needs.

Now, lets talk about the insides. A fully hand made interior in Desert Sand makes riding in this monster’s body a magical experience. Cold beverage storage, embroiled leather seat and dashboard, arm rests, chrome finishes - this truly is a masterpiece. With dark colors and a no-cloth interior, it makes it highly resistant and washable as well.

It also come with a premium heads up display with a custom windshield to keep your eyes on the trail and voice control to keep your hand on the wheel. It is equipped with climate control for offroading in any weather, complete insulation, GPS navigation for the pathfinder in you, and 10-speaker hifi sound system for your favorite rock crawling soundtrack and rear-seat screens for those brave enough to follow you.

This Scout Wrangler is truly one of a kind and will not disappoint any 4x4 enthusiasts looking for both performance off the beaten track and a comfortable ride getting there.

TREK Special Edition

For an small-ish extra, you can order yours with the TREK special edition addons. It comes fully equipped to fuel your adventurous self. With this upgrade, the Scout Wrangler is the perfect candidate for remote camping and overlanding. It is versatile enough to reach remote locations and is fully stocked to camp overnight.

Accessories include spare tire and fuel, overhead lighting, 7 beam rack with an awning and a base tent that can easily be removed to access the rank depending on your planned adventure, retractable ladder in the back, basic survival equipment and medical supplies, and extra compartments and storage for all your needs.

Contact us today for more information.

5 Likes

One more quick thing I realized I never mentioned- I will be judging the cars on the openbeta branch! The original car file was built on the openbeta, and with the new changes and fixtures it brings I don’t want to cause issues with cars. If you are building your restomod in stable, please let me know and provide a few screenshots of the car’s stats as they are, I don’t want to see cars pointlessly binned for things out of the builder’s control!

G’s Project Presents The Scout Adventure
" A car for your adventurous needs "

Powered by 5.0 Direct Injected OHC V8 Twin Turbo Engine producing 440 HP enough to do any decent green-laning, height adjusted adaptive Air Suspension for better comfort, AWD System with Locking Diff, Luxurious Interior and Premium Entertainment System plus servo assisted clutch and brakes connected to a 6-Speed Manual Gearbox designed for Heavy duty use, making this offroader pretty nice as a daily driver as well. all for you at $ 44,600

design

the Scout is popular enough to have their own restoration fans, because of the well known popularity, we made it as pure to the design as much as possible to keep familiarity and modernize everyhing to latest standard with offroading daily driver as a concept. resulting in this clean classic

equipment and technologies

Engine :
5.0 V8 DAOHC
Twin Turbo
Direct Injection
440 BHP / 6500 RPM (Limited)
RPM Limiter at 6500 to reduce stress and lower RON Rating to 91

Drivetrain and Running gear :
AWD
Locking Differential
6-Speed Servo Assisted Manual
all corner disk brakes
Offroad Undertray

Interior and Safety
Luxury Interior and HUD
EPS, ABS, EBD, HSA, TC, ESC,
8 Airbags ( 2 Front, 2 Curtain, 2 Knee, 2 Arm )
Latest Crumple Zone Technology
Panoramic Sunroof
Push Start button with immobilizer and smart entry
Alarm and tracking system

Accessories

• Offroad Package (Roof Lighting, Front Guard With Spotlights, Fog Lights, LED Projector Headlamp, Underguard, Winch Mount*)
    *winch not included
  • roof rack with detachable awning and tent
  • Offroad Rims and Tires
  • Electric glass tailgate opener ( mimicked the old plate lighting under left tailight )
4 Likes

The Scout Hopper, by Crusoe Customs. This aging Scout has been completely revitalized with a modern GM big block V8, and an automatic 4x4 drivetrain. The body and chassis have both been extensively rust-treated so this vehicle will last for years to come. New air springs give the vehicle an adjustable height* for easy road driving without compromising offroad capability. In consideration for this customer in particular, ease-of-access features have been included in the body. Besides the ability to lower the springs, there is a wide running board and grab handles by the doors and tailgate, and the front and rear bumpers include step points. After building an uncompromising offroad vehicle, we spared no expense on the luxurious interior and entertainment system.

*At least I assume that’s what Automation’s air springs are supposed to be.

7 Likes

Nice, we had very, very similar ideas here, I hope one of us wins it :wink:

That has always been my comprehension and it looks like it from the description in the game.

Harvester Scout by Treadkillers

Boomer Spec

4 Likes