Armor Motors

Hi guys. Armor Motors is my Discord name, and I design cars under the same name.

Frederick Armor was the owner of a successful commercial refrigerator business, building refrigerators and ice rooms for restaurants across America. When World War II broke out, the US government called on Armor’s manufacturing plant to build them very specific parts for tanks, including a flat (boxer) six cylinder to power them. The tanks, and their engines, earned a reputation for being literally bulletproof.

After the war, veterans and hot rodders scooped up the surplus engines and put them in their cars, either for everyday use or to drag race. Mr. Armor was so impressed with the reputation his engine had earned that he decided to change his manufacturing from fridges to cars.

My picture gallery starts with the 1967 lineup. By the mid-sixties Armor Motors had become stagnant, selling primarily small, economical cars to an American market that wanted nothing more to do with them. 1967 was seen as a break-out year for Armor Motors, introducing two new SOHC engines (a 2.2 liter I4 and a 270 CID V8, both using basically the same internals). 1967 was also the first year for the Valencia, Armor’s new compact car. The Tempas was also introduced on the same platform, and became Armor’s performance car.

10 Likes