Assetto Corsa Challenge - New round - GTR GT3 on Road America!

Well I’m using a :skull_crossbones: version if you know what I mean so I’m going to be stuck without that stuff for a couple of weeks until a trustworthy DL turns up. If you guys all want to go with that, it’s cool, I’ll just sit out a round.

what is the name of this new track?

Highlands, I believe. Unless it was a mod I downloaded and forgot about.

I’ll upload a video tomorrow, probably some ultra-fast cars around the big track (it has a hella long straight), and drifting around the small one.

same.

Which car you going to use? I got bored drifting FR, so I’ll lug the GTR around :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Here is drift video! (with bonus segment at the end)

Edit 2: and here is the bullshit speed version i.e. X2010 in Highlands Long

Edit 3: pfft that X2010 ® effort was weak. I just clocked a 2:03, 7 seconds off the original take :joy:

you asked what car. i answered. it’s not a car

2 Likes

I need that bus. Where do I get this bus.

check the description box :wink:

Gotta say tho the X2010-R bullshit mode has better power to weight ratio. 1500bhp, 615kg :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: totally gonna get this bus, pump up the rear tyres to ridiculous pressure, and lay down some smoky drifts hahahahaha

right. been more than a week since the last one.

next round coming up.

update : oh welp fuck

the new update erased the setting for brake power. that’s the bane of my existence as a racer with a keyboard.

1 Like

It did? That’s kind of annoying. Not just changed in the interface?

nah. i was wrong.
it’s only gone on certain cars. so not all car’s brake power can be adjusted anymore. some can, others can’t
i think it’s because of they’re going for more realistic option. where, well that does exists

I’m happy for you to pick whatever for the next round!

alright

#BMW Z4 GT3 on Mugello
run it on medium tires and 30L of fuel, and on 23C ambient temp. that’s the only limitation

i wanna see you guys tinker without end.
SO MANY SETTINGS!!!

early trial and setup. on keyboard. i got as low as 1:55
pretty sure 1:50 is attainable… by someone.

1 Like

Tyre blankets?

edit: I am cheating with ABS and TCS due to Mouse control, but I am getting 1:51 having altered gearing and diff settings. A bit scared to touch the suspension settings LOL but I’ll see what I can do.

1:51? ffs i jsut spend the last hour pushing myself and i only got this

Well yeah that’s coz this car is Hella hard to drive with keyboard…

It’s also still hard to drive with mouse, at least with stability control off. This is a proper wheel and pedal job.

I was headed straight at a 1:57 but me being the fucking idiot I am overdid it on one corner. I don’t know this track too well again, so I’ll come back and practise some more.

Half the corners on this track are good camber, the other half are bad and just for fun also cresting so you can’t see the apex. A lot of memorisation of corner entries and angles is involved :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Without TC and ABS after ~1.5 hours of spinning:

2 Likes