Assetto Corsa Challenge - New round - GTR GT3 on Road America!

2 days has passed. i’m gonna throw this in then.

1 Like

So imma format a round post up real quick, just please lmk which tyre comp you used @koolkei

CAR

Nissan GTR GT3

TRACK

Road America, at 12:00 in clear weather, optimum track conditions. 12C temperature.

No tyre warmers.

All of these still apply!

DEADLINE

9th Nov?
Feel free to chuck your times in here or post stuff directly on here, idrc

3 Likes

Take note:

Track is not standard:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.7095/

3 Likes

Yeah so no one else has tried it… I hit 2:10 on softs so that can’t be right however I’m still losing speed and not carrying it through too well on mediums as the fronts don’t hold temperature well. 2:13.2 is my best go :frowning:

yup that 2:12 was on mediums…

which only like after 6 tries did i notice it didn’t get any heat into it whatsoever

haven’t managed a better lap with the softs somewhy though

Oh I haven’t had time to try this yet. I’m running a bit late but… I’ll have a last minute go tomorrow

NEXT ROUND???

Oh hey, I’ve noticed this necro just now. And now I have AC… but it doesn’t really work with my controller :frowning:

what exactly do you mean ‘it doesn’t work with your controller’?

I’d have to check now, as I last tried it a few months ago, but I remember that it wasn’t playable with the controller. Didn’t detect it or sth?

We can deffo move onto the next round.

If you guys don’t mind, I’ll choose the car, the Seat Leon TCR.

Track choice is up in the air.

yeah
nonononono
NOPNOPNOPNOPE

tried that car

and i FUCKING HATE IT WITH A PASSION.

understeer for days no matter what i do, off throttle, on throttle, and still likes to lose it’s ass randomly. once the tyres heat up the rear just has 0 grip on braking. always going ass first into the corner.

on corner exit it feels like it’s dragging it’s dead weight of an ass made out of lead… might have been the worst car i’ve ever driven in AC. just fucking nope for me.

i prefer driving the ‘uncontrollable’ shelby cobra than this

what the nani

I’ve found the Seat to be absolutely amazing and slapped down a 7:20 on the Nurburgring, which is damn good going for me. Unless I can’t drive at all, and somehow everyone else on the internet is wrong, I don’t really see what’s wrong with it :thinking:

Reduce braking power? Don’t go full throttle on slow speed exists?

Huh is something wrong with your control device Ken?

I’ll try a lap around Nordscleife in it this week.

Edit: the Seat Leon TCR is fine to drive. Just very responsive and tight. @koolkei your problem likely is that you’re going a bit too hard on the brakes (or you’re using keyboard/mouse and therefore simply can’t control it) because I’ve noticed that the rears do lock up much more easily, but that’s not difficult to remedy. Either reduce brake power or slide the balance more to the front.

Also yes in fact 7:20 is quite a good time I don’t think I’d get much more than 3-5 seconds faster than that, using completely default settings on it. That said I’ve forgotten what it’s like to drive on racing slicks, thanks Beam.

brakes are likes only 30% of the problem. while yes i could see easily that it could be changed with setup… still… UNDERSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER… while kicking the rear out at any time… either worst car i’ve driven, or worst default setup i’ve tried, which is more pronounced since it’s an FWD

What kind of corner speeds are you attempting? Compared to other touring cars in the same class the corner grip is great and I don’t have much issue with the rear kicking out at all.

Sounds like the problem is your setup. Or your driving method. Or we’re driving a different car, because I don’t recognise any of that commentary.

1 Like

I dunno. But my baseline of comparison is the 2016 BTCC cars i used a few months ago for a BTCC league i participated in… It maybe just my standards are too high, because it’s worse than even the worst cornering car in that league

Yeah nah I have no idea what you’re talking about either at all. The Leon grips quite fine (doesn’t have that high of a top speed) and isn’t that understeery, grips quite well. I prefer to turn down the diff strength so it doesn’t spin its wheels and go straight off the track when smashing the power out of a corner, but really, it’s fine. Turn in is fine, braking is stable, cornering is fine.

Should see what the other 2016 BTCC cars are like. I know that for example the HSV 010 GT had handling that made me question if the physics model was even working because it had such ridiculous levels of grip lol so maybe it’s a matter of stepping down from something too good.