ATC Automation Touring Championship - excellent racing since 1956 - Season 4 results complete, Season 5 rules fixed

Two times 5 in total, 5 for the engine and 5 for the car. You decide how to spend them.
Example engine: 2 for the block, 3 for the fuel system
Example car: 5 for the brakes, nothing for the rest.

First car has been submitted and mine is not even finished :smiley:

If you are unsure of building an own engine, tomorrow I’ll provide a 1956 overhauled version of a 1945 4,0 liter V8 that can be used. But please consider that it has to fit your vehicle well…

1 Like

and no limit on negative sliders right?

This looks fun, I want finish a write-up for one of my mid 50s cars first, so this will help me get it done.

And if anyone is interested in a crate engine, I got a pushrod V8 if you’d like.

I was thinking the exact same idea; I built an overhead-valve V8 as well. And is the engine reliability now at least 35, instead of at least 30 as originally planned? I’m expecting it to be the former, which would still be within easy reach with such an engine.

I suppose what I meant to say was, how do you want us to submit them, because I have a thing, and I’m not sure how you want me to give it to you, because I’m being dumb.

I’m assuming by the export option in the vehicle selection menu.

This model was actually submitted by the Washtenaw Cab Company. While it looks like an ordinary '56 Indian, in reality it is a souped up hot rod.

Featuring widened wheel arches and a heavily modified 360 V8. The Petoskey 360 has an established pedigree of Military service, so it should be interesting to see how it will fare in a racing application. This vehicle has been nicknamed the “Cab from Hell”

Regardless of how the car fares in the race, the Petoskey Indian has a solid reputation of being the car that saved the company from ruin in the first half of the fifties.

1 Like

I’m very tempted to try a 6 liter I4 and see how that goes for me…

1 Like

i see, well time to do some micro management

I’m pretty sure that you won’t be able to achieve 6L with the dimensions available to you… but I think you can get up to 5.3L

Having done several, I think it’s 5.4L, plus a few cc’s.

Think I might just end up going with a V8, the body I was using cant even fit an I4 that meets the requirements without a really long stroke, I cant even fit a 6 liter V8.

Built from the ground up for performance, the goblin has an a steel monocoque chassis with double wishbones in the front and rear with a 5.5 liter V8 making 419 horsepower which is enough to push the lightweight and aerodynamic car all the way to 160 MPH. While going fast in a straight line is all well and good what the goblin really excels in is handling thanks to the steel monocoque chassis with double wishbones in the front and rear combined with the rather large wing. It is however on the heavy side at around 1050 kilograms mainly due to the engine and doesnt have the best of brakes.

I recieved even more submissions. Thanks for that, I never thought there will be so much feedback!

christian.t1 - Iron Pig.zip (88.9 KB)

This is the engine I provide for customers: A 4000ccm DAOHC V8. It is pretty much maxed out, as its reliability score is 35,1 and the octanes used are 98,0 from 98,0 available.

240 HP and over 350 NM is a lot of power for that age, and before you sign the contract and buy the engine you better make sure it is not too much for your car, as wheelspin over 40% makes your car helpless on some tracks.

The car CMT uses in the race is a variant of the all-new Indianapolis luxury sports coupe. It uses the same 4600 engine family the stock trim has. But it was a painful experience how hard I had hit the quality buttons… the tuned race engine is actually noticeably weaker than the civillian one! I am shocked.
Facing that, I stripped the interior down to two basic seats to loose some weight, but the car is still road-legal.

In a few hours I choose six tracks that were available in 1956/1957. I try to balance the selection to give each car a fair chance to win.

I think the Daytona is one of the favourites for the victory.

I don’t know why I should forbid this. Yea, use it as you like. Except for the safety and interior. This has to remain at 0. Your driver will be grateful as motor racing was very dangerous in these days.

In that case I’d like to slightly revise my entry

Ah, I correct such things when I check the entries.
Or do you want to ADD negative sliders? Well, then you need to do it yourself. :wink:

Currently confirmed participats whose cars will be checked now:

Storm Prince
Xoury Jericho
CMT Indianapolis
Petoskey Indian
ATC Goblin

1 Like

Wait what? There is nothing in the rules about safety and interior at 0. If you do this there is no way to balance the car or get rid of some weight…

nevermind, the thing I had planned didnt work for some reason.

All right, I checked the candidates.

Jericho: Had to remove 2 tech sliders (my fault, saw that question too late). I added Advanced 50s safety as that is what your driver urgently needs. Sorry for that, I also did not mention before. My bad. That is what I call a fucking crazy car. Still speechless about the consumption of 145l per 100 km. I hope you mounted a large fuel tank.
Otherwise ok and is licensed now.

Petoskey: I added Advanced 50s safety, otherwise the car was perfect for the ATC. Good luck!

Goblin: Added safety as well, otherwise fine. Even stranger consumption with 156 liters. Holy Moly!

Storm: I also changed safety, otherwise that car is fine. The Storm variant of the Iron Pig is even more impressive, as it is more reliable than mine at comparable power. And I am very astonished how well-furnished and comfortable yet sporty and quick that car is.

ALL CARS APPROVED.

1 Like

Yea, you are right. I forgot it. It is very hard to make fair and realistic rules without forgetting anything. :frowning: