ATC Automation Touring Championship - excellent racing since 1956 - Season 4 results complete, Season 5 rules fixed

I get the feeling this round is gonna be good. Wonder how many people chose the same design decision I picked for my car.

2 Likes

Not me. I used an American (looking) body for my American engine. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep, your cars are propably the most realistic.

For the 60s, most cars are too advanced here. DOHC 4 Valve head, DW suspension all around,ā€¦
That is formula 1 level hereā€¦
1966 rules will force you to squeeze out the most of rather lowtech engineering. So SME will be definitely on the favouriteā€™s list. ATC is just to expensive for small companies, so this is neccessary.

1 Like

I like this!

Rules for the following season are up to you btw.
So maybe you can figure sth out when you submit your car tomorrow :slight_smile:
Be aware of Smooth, I watched Smooth cars in many competitions and they are dangerous.

That would be great!!!
I actually donā€™t like the idea of using DOHC before 80ā€™s, but to keep the competition I need to use. It would be great if there where more limitations to make the cars more real, it would increase the game feeling.

That is the idea behind it. We are not F1 here.

Btw @xoury I noticed that its already tuesday here lol. There are 15 hours left.

I should go to sleep. Appointment with customers 500km away in 9 hours. Maybe sleeping isnā€™t neccessary anymore. Argh. My car is still slower than the Smooth.

I had it down to like 2:19.98 on the ATT and then it broke at some point, but Iā€™m saying screw it, and giving you what I have now

Canā€™t you revert it?
Too badā€¦
I am always taking screenshots of my steps, saved my ass today.

I like the idea of restricting things that were uncommon to most sports cars during a set time, I donā€™t know exactly what should be restricted for that, it seems like dohc engines werenā€™t as common until later, I donā€™t know about suspension, and I was trying to find out more about the one intake

the game acts weird sometimes were if itā€™s reloaded it gets different times, because I changed nothing and it went up

1 Like

Yeah, it really happens, nothing that you can do.

Despite scoring just one point in the previous ATC, DMA Engineering persisted with their configuration, with one difference: a smaller, lighter body and a smaller engine would be used.

The CSA-312 was the firmā€™s entrant in the '62/'63 ATC. Its torpedo-shaped appearance wowed fans and road car customers alike.

Weighing less than a metric ton and powered by a 3-liter V12 delivering around 240 bhp, this machine was a real blast to drive.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s one good looking car! Rather futuristic for 1962/63

Headlights remind me of the Ferrari 365 Daytona. Nicely done.

@CMT for the future rules, think about what kind of challenge do you want to run so it doesnā€™t become too similar to HLC. With type of rules as they are, there is a noticeable difference. However if you start to give rule sets to other people/winners without some guidance or simply making them more complex that could make ATC almost HCL and that would be shame. Keep the diversity :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So to follow that idea, the 1964 rules are:

There are none.
Build what you want. The only thing that stays is the reliability, 30 engine and 50 car. I lower the engine reliability by 2,5 to make the use of alloy easier.
Besides that, I am looking foward to 1,0 l3 in a 350 kg car and a 10L V12 in a car that weights 2,5 tons. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So the next season will be more like the old Can-Am series, which had few, if any, actual rulesā€¦ I like this change very much indeed.

I kind of like the group b rally racing restrictions

So I take it there are no safety rules?