ATC Automation Touring Championship - excellent racing since 1956 - Season 4 results complete, Season 5 rules fixed

Goddammit still 7 unread messages with entries. I’ll scrutinize them all today, promised.

4 Likes

I know the feeling.

I do not see real issues… Which is no wonder with the current rules. :smiley:

But some do not have the minimum cooling, but match the 50 reliability score.
Which do you consider as the right descision? Stick to the min cool required or is 50 reliability enough in this case?

50 reliability. Let’s not give a top speed handicap, sticking with the liberal ruleset of this round

Ok, then I would modify the recieved entrants to that.
Any complaints?

If it isn’t in the rules, it’s allowed :wink: Why would you modify anything?

Some cars have that cooling and I would pull the slider untill its 50 reliability.
Easier than sending revised cars that are acutally the same what I did.

You are too fair :grin:

This is why I failed as a lawyer. Now I am doing something different. Again in a business where it’s definitely not about fairness. What an irony. :smiley:

6 Likes

11 entrants so far. Looks like my challenge is not too bad. :smiley:

Races will be done on friday or saturday.

2 Likes

So here we came! After exhausting tests and engine prototypes we finally got the new Heirloom Racing Car!

With the new 6.0L V12 OHV engine, we got a little less power, but 2000 rpm earlier!
But to feed air to this little monster we needed to fit a hood scoop and laterals vents, the overall aerodynamics was improved too.

At the improvement can be seen when we got 4.1s faster at Automation Test Track (ATT) and costing $600 less!

3 Likes

That is not a car to scorn.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to finetune this round - my main changes are to the engine only.

what year are the races now?

1964/65

Dont rush it. You know I am friendly to late entrants.

National Motors adapted their Asculum muscle car for the 1964/65 ATC season by removing the rear seats and installing a six-liter version of their overhead-valve V8, as well as retuning the suspension for better handling. A large rear wing and deeper front airdam were also added in a bid to improve aerodynamics.

As expected, the public took to the standard four-seat 6.0 in droves due to its reliability and power. However, those who wanted even more precise dynamics preferred the hardcore R trim.

The six-liter engine introduced in the Asculum would go on to be used for several decades before it was finally replaced by a larger all-alloy unit. Surviving examples so equipped are now collectors’ items.

1 Like

My car is still a mess. Looks like I have a task for this evening.

Go hard or go home mate

Or go fail, like me :laughing: