Atlas automotive™(Atlas Zeta & Omega SUV revealed)

still learning the game, but I did manage to make a reasonable first car. Need more practice with Automation. The idea behind the design was a sort of crazy over the top hot hatch, completely unrealistic for the most part. Might post some more stuff when I get to the campaign. I’ll probably remake this design later on and try and make it better overall. Some Ideas I had for the design are missing because they don’t exist in automation(yet).

Atlas Delta VT:

A high performance version of the mainstream Delta. The Delta VT is the ultimate evolution of the delta, pushing the envelope even more than the standard V model below it. Gone is the 2.0L Inline 6 twin turbo, replaced by with the 3.5L FSI DOHC V8 found in the Atlas Vortex sports car. The body has been updated with a wide body kit inspired by the body work found on the Delta X rally car. Carbon ceramic brakes and the lightweight alloy rims finish up the package. Also an optional track day pack is available which includes an additional set of rims fitted with track only racing slicks for superior control and fully adjustable spoiler that has been tuned by the Altas racing team.

I was inspired by the Juke R that nissan made when making this. The V8 design is loosely based on specs for Audi’s 4.2L FSI 40V flatplane V8 used in the Audi RS5. Its a 3.5L 40V v8 90 that produces 350hp at around 8800RPM naturally aspirated.

Atlas automotive™ company quick description:

Atlas motor company based in Canada first started in 1968, as a company producing Le Mans and gt1 cars. They also provided engine expertise on contract with certain companies, providing tuning, dyno testing, or even from scratch motors to the customers demands. The success in the racing scene pushed atlas to produce a road going version of the racing body used by a company for a limited production in 1972. This first car was named the Atlas Velocity 736 edition(7:36 being the time the early hyper car set around the infamous Nurburgring in Germany). The fifteen examples were quickly sold(with the Chassis #000 of 015 being kept with the company in the main headquarters lobby) and atlas began to consider their future in the automotive industry.

Another car wouldn’t follow until 1984 with the Atlas Vector V16, which was once again based on a modified version of the Le Mans race car Atlas produced. This time 50 examples were produced with moderate success. This was the first V16 engine that Atlas had produced and it was rather unsuited for anything other than track work. After almost a year of developments a upgrade program was offered to Vector V16 owners to fix the engines issues and provide a better road going experience. The new upgrades were very appreciated, however it didn’t do much to repair Atlas’ damaged reputation.

Later on Atlas would create the Velocity parts division in 1994 to help back their racing teams and new plans for automotive production. The Atlas delta hatchback was one of the first cars produced by Atlas in 1997(alongside the Atlas Vortex sports car(which was thought by many to be the spiritual successor to the 1984 Vector V16)).

Atlas’ slogan, based on their racing heritage, was “uncompromising performance, no matter the platform.”(later shortened to Uncompromising performance)

if you have any tips to help me out, I could use them. Let me know on the history I just wrote it up quick and I could use some feedback.

8 Likes

Hello there mate, welcome to the automation community, we’re glad to have you. We’d be glad to help you get better, I’d highly reccomend joining the automation discord, as live chat is a much better way of helping you improve in real time.

6 Likes

thanks, I just joined. I’m working on my next car. I’ve got several cars planed, then move on the the campaign.

introducing the First Car for the Atlas Automotive, introducing the Atlas Carbon!

The Atlas Carbon is a Entry level sports car, aimed at competing in the revitalized market created by the Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT 86, Mazda Miata/Fiat 124 Sypder, and Nissan iDx. Its small, light, and ideal for city driving(and track days). For those unable to afford a Vortex, Neutron, or the Legendary Atlas R, the Carbon is here to give you the thrill you seek without biting a chunk out of your wallet. Various models will be available for any level of excitement that one seeks, be it the more Humble Carbon S base, Balanced V250(Optional RS package available), or for those who want to get the maximum Atlas performance experience the V300(Optional GT package available).

Atlas Carbon S:

The carbon S is the basic model, powered by the CR 18 DE T inline 4 motor. High revving and powerful, producing 205hp and 193lb-ft of torque sent directly to the rear wheels via the F6 series sequential paddle shift gear box. While not quite as exciting as the higher models, the Carbon S has more than enough to please on a budget.

price: $25,000(est.)*

Specs:

Engine: 1.8L TFSI I4 DOHC Transmission: F6 Series 6 speed Sequential paddle shift
horsepower: 205hp @ 7500rpm Torque: 193 lb-ft @ 4900 rpm
weight: 2710 lb Skidpad: 1.05g
0-60(mph): 5.7s Top speed: 137mph
1/4 mile: 14.23s MPG: 20

Atlas Carbon V250:

The V250 model is a step up for those who seek a bit more thrill than the base Carbon S can offer. Instead of mounting the CR18 DE T that was in the Carbon S, the V250 opts for the more powerful DA20 DE T inline 6 engine. Additional weight was removed in the form of Carbon fiber in the interior and engine bay. The weight savings helped bring the car down to 2650 lb, a 50 pound weight savings over the S model. All of this helps shave half a second off the 0-60 time and with the help of revised gearing in the F6 Series transmission, the V250 can hit an amazing 153mph. The V250 has everything the enthusiast needs both on and off the track.

Price: $32,500(est.)*

Specs**:

Engine: 2.0L TFSI I6 DOHC Transmission: F6 Series 6 speed Sequential paddle shift
horsepower: 250hp @ 8200rpm Torque: 178 lb-ft @ 6400 rpm
weight: 2650 lb Skidpad: 1.07g
0-60(mph): 5.2s Top speed: 153 mph
1/4 mile: 13.62s MPG: 21

*prices are in USD and don’t include shipping, taxes, or currency conversion.
**If opting for the RS package on the V250, please ask your dealer for details and specs.

1 Like

Atlas Carbon V300:

The final and ultimate spec of the Carbon. Atlas’ V performance division spared no time in adding a larger turbo to the DA20 motor, increasing horsepower by an additional 50 over the previous V250. The body work has been improved with several active aero pieces. the new wing and rear diffuser provide additional downforce to keep the V300 glued to the tarmac. If you have the money and are searching for a weekend track weapon for cheap, than the Carbon V300 is your best option. GT package V300’s will be limited to 2,500 units worldwide, inquire at your dealer for pricing and availability.

Price: $38,000(est.)*

!

Specs**:

Engine: 2.0L TFSI I6 DOHC Transmission: F6 Series 6 speed Sequential paddle shift
horsepower: 301hp @ 8100rpm Torque: 213 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm
weight: 2700 lb Skidpad: 1.10g
0-60(mph): 4.9s Top speed: 155 mph
1/4 mile: 13.15s MPG: 18

**If opting for the GT package on the V300, please ask your dealer for details, availability, and specs.

(Side note: rear end is having rendering issues on the carbons.Not sure why)

Latest project from Atlas Automotive:

Some say that it shouldn’t exist. We at Atlas disagree. We couldn’t exist without it.

R

1 Like

working on drawing up the badges that Altas Automotive uses. Watch this post, it will be updated when the finished badges are completed.

finished badges:

badges from left to right: Atlas R badge, Velocity Performance Division badge, Atlas Automotive company badge

Atlas Vortex badge, Atlas Stealth badge, Atlas X badge

let me know if you like these hand drawn badges, was an interesting challenge to work on.

3 Likes

Introducing the Atlas Delta!

Its not the next hot hatch, its the Redefinition of the hot hatch. The Atlas Delta not only fits any budget, but it also pushes the boundries of performance for its class.

Atlas Delta(1.8)

The Base Delta may not be the most powerful of the Delta series, but it still has the power necessary to get you in trouble. Standard on all Delta models is Atlas’ Edge AWD system, granting superior grip and launch control. The engine found under the hood is the familiar CR18 DE T motor that can be found in the Atlas Carbon. Several options are available for the base Delta, including leather seats, Blu tooth hands free, fog lights, and for those a bit more interested in getting a bit more of a performance edge there’s the option of fitting the 2.0L DE20 DE T motor.

The transmission fitted is the M92 manual transmission.

Price: $25,000(est.)* (1.8)
Price: $30,000(est.)* (2.0)

Delta 2.0 with fog lights:

Specs(1.8):

Engine: 1.8L TFSI I4 DOHC Transmission: M92 Manual 6 speed
horsepower: 201 hp @ 7300rpm Torque: 184 lb-ft @ 5200 rpm
weight: 2782 lb Skidpad: 0.94g
0-60(mph): 5.9s Top speed: 135 mph
1/4 mile: 14.35s MPG: 20.7

Specs(2.0):

Engine: 2.0L TFSI I4 DOHC Transmission: M92 Manual 6 speed
horsepower: 252 hp @ 7400rpm Torque: 205 lb-ft @ 6000 rpm
weight: 2782 lb Skidpad: 0.97g
0-60(mph): 5.3s Top speed: 144 mph
1/4 mile: 13.74s MPG: 16.5

Atlas Delta V

The Delta V model is the future of the hot hatch, powerful and dangerous. The engineers at Atlas’ V division wasted no time improving the aero dynamics with an aero kit and rear wing. Atlas light weight vector rims were fitted with a set of sticky Corsa tires for increased grip around the race track. In class, the Delta V is uncontested, showing what a hot is capable of with Atlas’ performance expertise.

The engine fitted to the Delta V is the 3.0L ST 30 DE V8(sourced from the Altas Stealth), producing an impressive 370 HP that is then transferred to all wheels via the F8 sequential transmission and the Edge AWD system.

Price: $45,000(est.)*

Specs:

Engine: 3.0L TFSI V8 DOHC Transmission: F8 Sequential Paddleshift
horsepower: 369 hp @ 8500rpm Torque: 256 lb-ft @ 7200 rpm
weight: 3127 lb Skidpad: 1.06g
0-60(mph): 4.4s Top speed: 147 mph
1/4 mile: 12.78s MPG: 11.4

This isn’t the only Delta’s, keep your eyes peeled for the appearance of the last two models and a couple other cars at the Atlas stage at the upcoming Speed show.

Since you’re new to the game, here’s some important advice: keep the cam profile low. I think why you’re getting so low mpg, even on the four-bangers, is because you’re putting the cam profile up to 80-100 because it lets you rev higher. That is nice, however, you find best efficiency around 30-50. It sucks that the engine can’t rev as much, but if that’s what you’re looking for, find a good balance.

The aim of the cars is generally performance first, then practicality. High revving is also a hallmark of the brand.

thanks for the advice though, when I get around to the campaign I’ll probably be a bit more economy minded.

Another hint aimed at reducing fuel consumption: Use a lean air/fuel mixture and, where available, low-friction pistons. The latter will reduce your engine’s rev limiter by a few hundred revs compared to regular or hypereutectic cast pistons, but provide a significant economy boost.

3 Likes

sneak peak at one of the cars to be shown at the speed festival at the Atlas Stage:

Heritage, an icon returns.

Two new additions to the Delta family, recently unveiled at the 2018 Goodwood festival of speed. The Atlas Delta VT and the Atlas Delta X RallyCross. These are the last two cars in the Atlas Delta family of cars.

Atlas Delta VT

The Delta VT is the highest model available for purchase in the Delta family. The story of the VT starts in Atlas’ design and engineering studio, where some engineers on their down time decided to take a Delta V, give it the aero kit used on the then in development Delta X RallyCross and stuff the VX35 DE motor from the Vortex under the hood. As well as lightening the chassic, Carbon ceramic brakes based on the Vortex, Race tires, and going as far as to remove the rear seats from the Delta VT in an effort to save weight. The result is a light weight and powerful track weapon, with the added bonus of enough cargo space to pick up some groceries after the race.

The Delta VT isn’t simply a hot hatch, its a class of car of of its own.

Price: $65,000(est.)*

Specs:

Engine: 3.5L FSI V8 DOHC Transmission: F12 Sequential Paddleshift
Horsepower: 423 hp @ 8300rpm Torque: 309 lb-ft @ 6400rpm
Weight: 2784 lb Skidpad: 1.15g
0-60(mph): 3.2s Top speed: 153 mph
1/4 mile: 11.59s MPG: 13.6 mpg

Atlas Delta X RallyCross

Atlas’ entry into the rally cross series of races. The Atlas racing team has put in several hours of testing at the track, but are still looking for a qualified driver to take their car to the next rally cross series. Tuning of the chassis is on going but test results are promising. The engine that powers the Delta X is the DX20 DE T inline 4 motor, developing 554 hp and sending it in a 40/60 split via the advanced AWD system. This will be the first car that Atlas has entered into the rally cross segment.

Price: N/A

Specs:

Engine: 2.0L TFSI I4 DOHC Transmission: X8 Sequential straight cut geared paddleshift
Horsepower: 554 hp @ 8200 rpm Torque: 370 lb-ft @ 7100 rpm
Weight: 2237 lb Skidpad: 1.34g
0-60(mph): 2.0s Top speed: 125 mph(electronically limited)
1/4 mile: 10.74s MPG: N/A

1 Like

One of the two cars coming next, the Atlas Quantum pickup:

More coming, including specs, further screens, additional models, and a download for the BeamNG version.

Special preview:

Go dark, Fly under the radar of your competition.

Side note:

Anyone interested in contributing to the history of my company, maybe buying some of my race chassis/bodies or engines. Let me know in a PM, maybe set up some era specific le mans(or something else perhaps) racing in BeamNG with multiple companies here on the forums.

2 Likes

Introducing the Atlas Quantum, the latest addition to Atlas’ stable of cars. This light duty sports pick up is a first for Atlas, but it still maintains the same racing pedigree found in any of Atlas’ products.

Atlas Quantum

Given Atlas’ affinity for sports cars, some may wonder why the Quantum exists. The answer is quite simple, create a car with the heart of a sports car and the utility of a light truck. The Quantum is a bold step into new territory, and here at Atlas we’re going to give it our all. The chassis is a light aluminum with carbon fiber reinforcements at key points. The engine powering the Quantum is the 4.2L QN42 DE motor that produces a respectable 465hp and utilizes cylinder deactivation for improved fuel efficiency when not under heavy load.

Price: $47,500(est.)*

Specs:

Engine: 4.2L FSI V8 DOHC Transmission: A7 Automatic paddleshift(seq.)
Horsepower: 465 hp @ 7800rpm Torque: 349 lb-ft @ 6100rpm
Weight: 3826 lb Skidpad: 1.07g
0-60(mph): 4.3s Top speed: 170 mph(with optional tonneau cover, 140mph drag limited otherwise)
1/4 mile: 12.55s MPG: 11.5 mpg(18.3mpg with cylinder deactivation and transmission in ECO mode)

Atlas Quantum V

The V model of the Quantum further improves the impressive capabilities of the Quantum. Adding twin turbos to the QN42, ups the power to a impressive 626hp and 452lb-ft of torque. An aerodynamics package and improves suspension were added to aid the handling of the Quantum V to become a reasonable track day vehicle. The Quantum is a record holder as well, being the fastest pickup in the world, setting a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds. Additional use of carbon fiber helps keep the weight down. The V model shows the absolute potential to be had in the Quantum light truck.

Price: $60,000(est.)*

Specs:

Engine: 4.2L TFSI V8 DOHC Transmission: F8 Sequential Paddleshift
Horsepower: 626 hp @ 7700rpm Torque: 452 lb-ft @ 6800rpm
Weight: 3900 lb Skidpad: 1.14g
0-60(mph): 3.5s Top speed: 173 mph(with tonneau cover, 155mph without)
1/4 mile: 11.82s MPG: 11.6 mpg(15.6mpg with Cylinder deactivation)

Gamma is coming up next, preview of the mid level luxury cars V model:

stats will come soon.

Side Note:

Will be working on a race chassis for the 1972 le mans, if anyone is interested. Let me know(and maybe if theres enough, set up a race in beamNG to set some histories for various companies). Would also be up for just a fun race with beamng cars.

The Atlas Delta will be released for use in BeamNG hopefully alongside the Gamma reveal. Will include all models released, the Delta 1.8T, 2.0T, V, VT, and X RallyCross. Carbon is being slightly revised to clean it up and fix some of the issues.

Files for the Atlas Delta series of cars:

Delta - I4 1.8.car (33.4 KB)
Delta - I4 2.0.car (34.0 KB)
Delta - V.car (34.4 KB)
Delta - VT.car (38.4 KB)
Delta - X Rally Cross.car (37.0 KB)

The Quantum line has excellent specs even for a ute, but the bottom-breather nose (big lower grille, no upper grille) is somewhat dated - it would be more appropriate for something introduced in the late 90s/early 00s, and that feeling is reinforced by the V trim’s clear taillight lenses. But as a coupe with an unusually large cargo area, it’s still a highly tempting proposition, especially with the more powerful engine.