Automation 10K Classic Car Auction and Rally (A10KCCAR) (or 10KCAR) [cancelled]

STATUS UPDATE:

I have received three Reasonably Priced Cars from three anonymous (for now) individuals to be used for the scoring system. 3 auto manufacturers (so far) will be sponsoring this event, one Chinese and two Japanese.
Since there are four continent stages (Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania) in A10KCCAR, this means I’ll only need one more Reasonably Priced Car for this and we’ll be more or less set. if you’re interested, requirements are listed in post above
Final car recieved!

Cars aside, I’d like to clarify that I’ll be announcing the deadline for registration as a bidder, and the deadline for when cars that will auctioned need to be submitted when LCV4 hits stable, which is apparently very soon.

And about tracks, so far one is finished and there’s one more that I still have to test to make sure it works. The full list of tracks is in the little printable Guidebook in the OP. I’m still looking for people willing to help in making the tracks for this so if you are interested, PM me here on the forums or shoot me a message on Discord (Lily#8831).

And about the little guidebook, a lot of explanations have been moved to there so please do read that as well!

8 Likes

Considering how much of a shitshow the last auction was mainly due to some people being dumb how will this auction try to make sure that kinda stuff doesn’t happen?

Well, the way I see the ruleset right now with the First-price sealed-bid type auction, It’s pretty idiot-proof if you ask me.

Also, I’ll be updating the rules to allow RR coupes on a case-by-case basis and hopefully bring in some VW Bugs or the like, but if I deem your discount Porsche too Porsche-like, expect to get slapped all the way back to Stuttgart.

Edit 02:30 17/05/2020:
lmao yeah you can register as a bidder/racer now almost forgot to announce
How do you register? Read the comprehensive guidebook!

4 Likes

GOOD MORNING/EVENING/AFTERNOON FOLKS

If you saw on the Discord (like a day or so now), LCV4.0 has reached stable!
And so this means that submissions for cars to be auctioned for A10KCCAR has now opened.
Submission window will be until the end of the month (PST 00:00 July 1st, 2020, will add to OP later), so you all have quite the lot of time to send something in.
Registration as a racer will last until that time as well OR if they reach the maximum amount.
A link to the guidebook is above and in the OP.

Good luck, folks!

9 Likes

HELLO I'M STUPID AND I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO SAY:

Please don't post cars to be auctioned here yet!

Posting cars before the Auction starts would kinda spoil the fun, so if you are to submit a car, please keep things a secret and wait for the official catalogue to go live :wink:

13 Likes

HEADER 1 HELLO FOLKS

So it seems my tactical planning has gone to shit and there wasn’t enough entries/registrations needed for this thing to actually start.
And as such, I’ll be extending the deadline by another 7 days to PST 00:00 July 8th, 2020.

yeah yeah yeah registration rules in the op yadda yadda

Thank you for your understanding.

7 Likes

Hang on I’m working on 2 right now lol.

Submissions Closed

I’ve recieved 11 (i thonk) cars from multiple individuals, way less than what I had planned unfortunately but hey shit happens, this thing was delayed for too long and people were probably sick of my shit by that point. But worry not! I’ll have the Auction Catalogue ready before the end of the week and this thing can finally start!

Thanks to everyone that submitted and registered!

8 Likes

Catalogue is Live, Again!

Auctions will begin hopefully by next weekend.
If your car isn’t here then it means that it probably didn’t make it through quality control and I’m sorry.

10 Likes

I like the catalogue! When will the auctioning begin?

This upcoming Friday, preferably.

darn my car is not in here

First part of bidding process has begun!

To all registered bidders/racers, the first segment of bidding has begun and the auction forms have all been sent to your PMs. First part of bidding will last until July 26th, 2020, and features eight cars for sale.

have fun uwu

3 Likes

do i need to bid on only one car or can i do as many as i like?

As many as you like, but you’ll only be able to win one car (highest price of all you bid on).

and what happens if we dont win a car?

I’ll re-run the unsold cars, since there are 10 of you and about 17 cars there’s more than enough for everyone.

PA Day #1 - July 26th 2020

stock image moment

Yes folks, it’s arrived.
If you haven’t been mentioned here, then it means you didn’t get to win anything today. Sorry!
If you haven’t won anything, there’s still part 2 so worry not!

1971 Suisei Yuyake C G1 Sport - Min Bid $2100

Sold for $7500 to @CriticalSet9849
If you wish to keep the vehicle, respond to the PM with “I am satisfied with the vehicle”.
If you do not wish to keep the vehicle, respond with “I do not wish to keep the vehicle”.

1970 Hinata S1000 Hardtop - Min Bid $2200

Sold for $5999 to @mart1n2005
If you wish to keep the vehicle, respond to the PM with “I am satisfied with the vehicle”.
If you do not wish to keep the vehicle, respond with “I do not wish to keep the vehicle”.

1966 Morton Hinamoki - Min Bid $2600

Unsold

1962 Pfeil-Speissart Base - Min Bid $4000

Sold for $6000 to @DukeOFhazards

1973 Durendal Glaudius - Min Bid $2900

Sold for $4000 to @Falling_Comet

1964 Bardot Folgore - Min Bid $2700

Sold for $3500 to @Mikonp7

1960 Schumann P230 180C Deluxe - Min Bid $1400

Sold for $5300 to @Petakabras

Gujarat Master 1.5 Super - Min Bid $1900

Unsold

So at this point, you’re probably wondering;

“Hey Yuri, what happens to unsold cars?”

They’ll be resold at a later date to those who didn’t win anything or if everyone won a car, will be sold to people who didn’t get to register for fun (and with an unlimited budget!). You can still bid for the unsold cars even if you registered if you want to avoid feeling left out.

That’s it for the first PA Day! Once I receive confirmation on car purchases, the second bidding phase will begin and we can finally move on!

10 Likes

Second part of bidding process has begun!

Second part is for those who were unsatisfied with their earlier vehicle/didn’t win anything in the first part.
This will last until July 31st, 2020 and will have the last nine cars for sale.
After this, everyone will have until August 14th to modify and prep their vehicles for rallying and the event will finally start!

2 Likes
PA Day #2 - August 1th 2020

stock image moment

At last, auctions are finished.

1967 Morton Haupatu - Minimum bid $3200

Sold for $6001 to @chiefzach2018

1973 Legion Sparrow - Minimum bid $2100

Sold for $2700 to @Mikonp7

1969 Cabrera Solano - Minimum bid $3100

Sold for $8000 to @jameseydude

1970 Seikatsu MR2200 TwinCam AP - Minimum bid $1200

Sold for $3500 to @donutsnail

And so, that concludes the auction for registered users!
Auctions for unsold vehicles will happen within this year.

And to all registered racers; you all now have until August 14th to convert your cars into proper rally vehicles, and please refer to the OP for the rules on modifications. Anything not mentioned there is Free Real Estate.
See the dropdown below to check your remaining budget for modifications. (sorry for mass ping)
i will double check if you went over your budget in modifications, don’t try me

Budgets
6 Likes