Automation barely boots for me anymore, and I don't know where else to turn

Hi there, folks. AlternateSteve here; I used to be pretty active on the forums a few years back, and after a long absence from the game itself, I decided to try to start becoming more active within the past couple of months. Unfortunately for me, however…the past 3 and a half weeks have been quite frustrating.

This whole problem actually began in early February(around the 8th of Feb., to be more exact), when I decided to check up on my DirectX info after seeing a BeamNG update notice from the week prior, so I went to DXDiag to do just that; almost immediately, DXDiag threw out a couple of weird messages, one of which mentioned a problem with something called “DirectShow”(I think?). I originally didn’t think much of it then, but I soon discovered that it would matter-just a little later, I found that neither Automation, or BeamNG for that matter, would boot up right away anymore.

I’ve since spent hours trying just about every trick in the book that I can think of, from trying to verify the game files, to even deleting the game and reinstalling it, etc. with very little success. Even after finally taking the desperate step of refreshing Windows 10 yesterday, I got the game to work only once; it would not boot again after this.

So I dunno what to do. I am very seriously considering just doing a full reset of my Win10 installation in the hopes that it may finally allow me to play this game again; I only want to do this, however, if I have absolutely no other choice. So, is there something I can do without having to start over from scratch?

Edit: Also, here’s the latest gamelog I have:
AutomationGameLog1.txt (121.1 KB)

And I believe this was from the last ever instance I was able to get it to work, just prior to 6 pm U.S. Central Time, yesterday:
AutomationGame-backup-2019.03.01-23.59.18.log (1.3 MB)

Heyya!

You’re running on Intel 520 chipset graphics, which should work fine with the game, but several people had issues with that in UE4.21. The solution is to update your drivers…

LogD3D11RHI: Driver Date: 10-2-2017

I don’t think those are the most up to date ones?
Install the latest ones from here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10