Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

Knew I’d be marking the back, but at least it’s not by much, 3.62 Seconds is the biggest gap between me & 11th at the Swanson Road Course, 0.38 Seconds is the Smallest Gap at the Half Mile. only 6 Points between me & @doncornaldie Who I Can’t find a Review of also, unless the Megalodon is his Entry.
Looking Forward to Seeing how things go at the 3 Tracks Remaining for 1979.

I new my car was heavy and trash and i did expect to be last on every race so…whoo for my first entry ever in abl.

@LordLetto it is… that shitbox is definitely my entry

yup. i didn’t expect that too… my car is slower than expected.

but. while i have no intention of finishing in 4th either, i dunno if i can get the podium. seems quite far.

1 Like

Wow i thought that i will be competitive but not that i can handle with a good build not Porsche.
Awesome season until now.

2 Likes

Well I hope you’re ready for the high speed tracks now, I knew my car wasn’t going to perform well on the more technical tracks, but the last three all have big long straights and judging by the half mile track that’s something my car does well on, don’t know if I can beat you on all three though to tie for the lead. Exciting!

4 Likes

Yeah you might be right. My Body has to much drag, so i might loose alot Time in the straights.

2 Likes

@LordLetto, reviews fixed!

Thanks. Also:

(PS: “Verdura” in portuguese means Greenery, so the car should be green)

Verdura=Vegetable in Italian, At Least According to Google Translate, I Figured Vegetable would fit with how it’d likely Perform.

my car is, once again, ok in a straight line, but handles like a farting hippo.

If you guys want some advices about what could be changed in your cars to improve them, we would be glad to give some, that’s the intention of this challenge after all.
Also, the reviews are made with the purpose of telling +/- what is wrong and what is right with each car.

Okay. I’am open for input. What do you think could be improved beside of the body.

1 Like

Definitely. I am indeed a newbie

It would be nice to know that i have the least amount of horsepower around :wink: But hey, i’m still not last, at least…

Jokes aside, it would be good to know what i’ve could have done better apart from more horsepower and slicks… (which i totally forgot to add)

I too would like some pointers; I need my psychological blockages pointed out every so often!

I wouldn’t mind some either, despite what you’d think I’m still pretty shit at minmaxing and nowhere near as good as half the people on here or the CSR :stuck_out_tongue:

Results from 1979 are in

First event, Hockenheim. A fast track, not many corners, clear win for @nialloftara. @Newtonmeter in 2nd, only 3 hundredths of a second faster than koolkei in 3rd place. @MitsubishiFan in 4th and @Dorifto_Dorito with the SUV takes 5th place.

Next up, Autodromo Hermanos Rodrigues, located in Mexico City, 2200m over sea level. A more balanced track with straights and slow corners. @Newtonmeter takes the win here, followed by @nialloftara and @MitsubishiFan, only 0.3 seconds between each.

And the last event for this season, another GP track, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada. Another win for @Newtonmeter, followed by @MitsubishiFan and @nialloftara.

This means that @Newtonmeter takes first place for the 3rd time in the history of the ABL, after 1973 and 1975 now also in 1979. :trophy:

@nialloftara again only takes 2nd place, and the newcomer @MitsubishiFan got himself onto the podium in 3rd.

The battle for 4th was taken by @koolkei, two points ahead of @Dorifto_Dorito with the SUV.

7 Likes

NOOOOooooo! Dammit! Next time…

yay! not last. :smiley:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
https://images.bigcartel.com/product_images/195368419/Succ_it_Current.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&w=1000

3 Likes

Wow, yeahhh ringedingding yeeeehaaaa!
This Season was awesome.
Thanks for the Reviews , the Results and this new awesome Reglement. I never thought that both engines well be so well balanced.

@all cmpetitors nice fight !
@nialloftara i didn’t thought that i will be fast in those tracks.

And again Yeahaaaaa

PS: fuck again the big penalty…

4 Likes