Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

Let’s do this

EDIT: Ugh…RR config does not smell good to me

also, i’m miffed that i have to wait to enact my devious plan

So this race is strictly for the 5 people mentioned right?

Yes - this is a race between the 5 people that did particularly well in the 70s.

The regular 80/81 season will follow soon after.

1 Like

Let the 911 trash talk begin:

You all better be faster than '00 GT2 or don’t even leave the pits…

2 Likes

Yes, while the Winners Race happens we will discuss the next round, we would love some advices, as always :slight_smile:

Ha i would suppose a 04’ er Porsche Gt :joy:

and it’s rough tuned and some dollar to spare :slight_smile:

Hey hey you should begin trash talking nice and slow…now you just bummed me out :confounded:

Hey, you have another 8 Day’s to build a nice car i think we will se incredible lap times. I advice an high boost pressure :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI, the porsche that inspired this challenge did times in the 7:30’s.

Yeah I know, I tried to build a drivable middle boost racer… optimist as allways :worried:

1 Like

Drivability,… ehm ehh yes , sure but, ehm below 10…but eeee… A real race driver can drive everything fast !

1 Like

1980’s 911 porsche did the GH in 7:30??? well fuck
i’m still nowhere near that.

ok awesome. Should be interesting.

1 Like

Which 80’s porsche did the 7:30?

RR and a big boost Turbo kill the drivability really well…
I need more engine bay space for bigger Turbos!

1 Like

The 935, according to Wikipedia’s list of Nordschleife laptimes, did a 7:31 in qualifying, 7:37 during race.

2 Likes

well… they weigh a minimum of 970kg but make north of 870hp in qualifying trim. so i’m not surprised.

but now i feel rather good in my time in GH then :stuck_out_tongue: still behind, far behind. but with 1/3rd of the power, i may be getting close to the limit

1 Like

870hp are not possible i think.

Update: Maybe i don’t suck at RR tuning :slight_smile: and my engine is ready to kick asses, but not near the 870hp

And now my Widowmaker come full circle, although the 1990’s 993 gt2 had the unofficial nickname of the Widowmaker due to it’s power level and unforgiving handling dynamic if the driver wasn’t skilled at the rear weight bias quirks or caught the boost surge mid turn. it was these early racing turbo 911s that gave birth to the gt2. The “mobydick” 935/78 is still such a iconic car. I’ll only have a few hours either tomorrow night or Saturday morning to build one. Can I update my 76 entry to 1980 and swap engines?

3 Likes

Sure, you can do whatever you want as long as they fit the rules.

EDIT
Added this bit to the round brief: the winning cars will be available for download by everyone so people can see the choices in setup that were made during building. It also affords you an opportunity to further tune and tinker with the cars. Enjoy! :grin:

2 Likes