Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

you are 3KG under weight though.

3 Likes

This is my new car.

With the new engine

This is the Medium compound

And this is the unchained car

I really tried to build a car with a high top-speed this time, usually i try to beat everyone at the corners but with medium tires i had to focus on other things. I really hate that i could not breake the 250km/h and 200hp mark without loosing time :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Very nice! I would tune mine more but I have slicks so whatever :wink:

Is the unchained car time done with exactly the same car but just on slicks? Because that makes it over budget and so not really that impressive. Still good tho.

1 Like

No it has lowerd tire qualtiy and because of that a higher tyre diameter (+15mm). Both are exact 10000 and the slicks are more heavy. And the transmission has a +3 higher spacing

2 Likes

Unrelated, but early congratulations @Newtonmeter! You make for what seems to be a badass father: winner of ABL, ability to whip up cracking good race cars quickly and working night shift while having a family… ggwp, sir. :joy:

2 Likes

Damn you have done your research…

2 Likes

Thanks, but don’t have to work every day at the night shift, changes weekly. And I’am not as badass as you think.

So back to topic.

1 Like

I’ve got pretty much exactly what you’ve got by the looks of it.

I dismissed the chassis completely at first, because I thought it was hideous. The way this thing looks built, with those wheels? It’s going to have to be a Crawlington I think. I was looking forward to getting the Gnoo brand some racing history dangit.

Edit: Can someone please tell me when the poll for track 6 is closing?
Edit: That was not intended to be a criticism of your car by the way. I think yours look good, just the side profile… You probably know what I mean.

2 Likes

Wow tahts close i die not tried alot with the suspension tuning so i think that time could be possible with my car. But as my car has to use med tires this was just a fast shoot.

And i know that it looks more like a accident than a car. The mkI looks much better but was alot slower.

1 Like

ehm… right now :sweat_smile: I’m an idiot and forgot to check back on that after three days. Apologies. Looks like Suzuka will be track 6.

Same here, sigh.

1 Like

I’d love to participate in your tournament, but I have a doubt, can we use Turbos ?

3 Likes

No turbos for this season :wink: But feel free to participate with a N/A engine.

1 Like

So there is my car : The F0X V6iR

There is a V6 SOHC 1.6L in a uncommon Longitudinal FWD configuration producing 177hp @ 8.5kRPM and 153Nm @ 7.5kRPM
This is a production vehicle stripped and prepared for Races (Steel monocoque and Corosion Resistant Steel for the panels)
And it features flip up headlights to stick with the 80’s theme !

4 Likes

To participate, double check if it fulfills the rules, then export it and send the resulting .zip file to me via PM :wink:

1 Like

Am I stupid or I can’t find how to send PMs ?

Click on a name, there should be a big red button that says “Message”

1 Like

It seems that I don’t have the right to send PM yet …

1 Like

So either posts a bit more, or just upload somewhere else and give a link to it here.

We sorted out his entry :slight_smile:

5 Likes