AUTOMATION CHALLANGE CUP 1000cc (Finalized)

Hi guys, im here to announce my first automation/beamng challenge: The Automation Challange Cup 1000cc.
It’s a race cup for hatchback with 1liter engine. I made a video to show the rules but it’s in brazilian portuguese, so I guess you will not understand what i’m saying, so I made this topic to show all challange rules, judments and stufs you need to know.

CAR CREATION RULES

Car and engine age of production: 2019
Car body: only Hatchback
prohibited use of Limited Production materials

Engine displacement: between 999-1000cc
Fuel type: Super
Must have catalytic converter
Engine max production units: 35
Engine max engineering time: 35

No 4x4
No Automatic or adv.Automatic transmition
Must have Semi-Slick tyres
No active aero
Brake air flow: 100
Must have ABS at least
Minimum safety: 38
Car max production units: 120
Car max engineering time: 38

CAR JUDGING

All topics below will be rate on a scale 1 to 5

Engine: Cost, Weight, Power, Reliability
Car: Cost, Weight, Fuel Economy, Car Score in Automation (Track Budget + Track), Styling, Acceleration, Handling

CUP RACES

The championship will have 4 stages (the scores for each position will depend off the quantity of entries):

1º Automation Test Track: Race Track Circuit
2º Hirochi Raceway: Long Race Circuit
3º West Coast, USA: Long Race Circuit 1
4º Trial Mountain

ENTERING THE COMPETITION

To entering the competition will need to send the .car file of your car for me in discord, you’ll find me on my discord channel (Discord) until january 18.

TRIAL PHASE

All judment will be made in video on my channel: Noob Entusiasta - YouTube. I will made a document with the notes and why.

So that’s it, good luck for all.

2 Likes

Bom ver brasileiro participando aqui… coisa rara…

Pergunta…
Turbo???

1 Like

Achei q fosse o único BR aqui xD. Como a cilindrada é baixa acho q é praticamente obrigatorio ser turbo pra ter uma potencia mais alta, mas se vc fizer um aspirado bom, boa sorte. Eu tinha feito um vídeo mas sem querer deletei antes de terminar de enviar pro youtube mostrando meu carro q eu fiz dentro dessas regras (alias é o carro da foto acima) e ele tem 140hp, se isso te ajudar a ter uma base de potencia.

Show…
Vou trabalhar nisso …
Gosto desse tipo de desafio…
Abs

1 Like

Smaller engine size than I like to do, but looks good. Will join! Does brake air flow have to be at 100, or can it be adjusted?

1 Like

Brake Air Flow allways in 100

With forbiden 4x4, that means we can use AWD?

here is my car Noob enthusiasta - Halvkombi.car (22.3 KB)

its name is Swedish for hatchback

AWD is allowed, 4x4 no

ok, thnx for the entry

Got a question: will you be driving the cars with ESC on if it is available? I’d recommend not doing this because it doesn’t work :joy: ABS isn’t fantastic either.

Also is there a way for us to see what your driving is like? It will help me figure out whether to tune the car for sharper or more permissive handling.

1 Like

I will drive all cars with ESC off if it is available. In my Youtube Channel has videos with me driving in controller and wheel (probably I will use controller).

No offense, but I don’t understand a word you say in your Youtube video. lol

1 Like

Already mentioned in OP that it’s in Portuguese ROFL.

1 Like

It’s in brazilian portuguese, that’s why I did this post with the rules in english

1 Like

Is anyone else having a lot of difficulty meeting the maximum trim ET of 38? The whole “brake air flow of 100” adds 6 ET which means using super bargain basement basic parts and still actually impossible!

Unless of course I just screwed up a savefile by converting an existing car from elsewhere.

1 Like

What is ET?

??

1 Like

I’m afraid that such high levels of brake cooling are overkill. Cutting it down to the bare minimum (5-10%) ought to make it much easier to stay under the trim ET limit of 38… but raising that value by a half-dozen or so also would be helpful.

I mean right now I’d suggest setting the ET to 42-44, and the brake flow can be whatever it is (because it affects beam handling though with the speeds these cars do that’s not a major concern. 20 is more than enough). It’s just it can’t just be me seriously contemplating solid axle suspension just to get the car into the limit already having used the lowest possible configurations for just about every other option? Doesn’t make sense.