Automation Detroit Auto Show 2017 [BEST IN SHOW REVEALED]

@strop That certainly sounds incredible!

For anyone like Strop who wants to display here but can’t due to real-world constraints, don’t worry, I’ll make sure to host more of these throughout the year, or, with any luck, some other people will too :smiley:

9 Likes

…where’s the commentary? :o

uh nevermind XD

It hasn’t officially started yet.

I know, I just have that 2017 lag :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Oskiinus Yep. not quite yet. It’ll start the day before the show, I’ll be doing some pre-show stuff basically :smiley:

In auto shows there usually are one or two press days, which is when all the news stories come out and all cars are shown. So, maybe, could we replicate that here, rather than just following the schedule for the general public and therefore make it a bit more realistic?

Of course, in case anyone can’t make it to that day, they should be able to post their cars during the entire event.

2 Likes

And what about interviews with companies?

would do an interview 10/10

2 Likes

@Leonardo9613 That’s a nice idea, but it would depend on enough people being able to display on those two days. Other thing is, we need enough content to keep us going through to the 22nd, which kinda relies on everyone showing their displays over that period.

Unless we changed the dates? I only picked those to match the actual Detroit Auto Show. What do we think people?

@Oskiinus That I really like. I’ll include it in the daily round-ups. I assume that most people would want to do interviews on what they’ve brought along to the show, but I’m open to requests if you want to use an interview to make an announcement or comment on other displays etc :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m new to this whole deal, but if it is ok with the people managing this, I would like to present 2 new models from branches of my main company Vanguard Automotive at the show, the first is a new Valaencia R3 sports-eco-hatch, launching with one diesel and one petrol engine, both NA Straight 3s:

And one from their luxury division Picasso. The new Equinox GT Coupe will also launch with one petrol and one diesel, but this time they are Straight 6s and the Diesel is Turbodiesel (Vanguard call it TDFS)

More info Jan. 10 2017…

Markus Dylan Vanguard (fictional character)
Founder & CEO Vanguard Automotive & Vanguard Mobile Communications
CEO Picasso, Valencia, Shimatsu & Fleet Automotive

4 Likes

> DSD will be presenting the following vehicles

Coming in 2018 The all new DSD SAMBAR Hybrid.

Thanks to a Maesima 2.5L engine powering the battery’s to a 300Nm electric engine before transferring 200hp and 300NM thru the 6sp auto gearbox. bottom line almost 2 metric tonnes and an average fuel usage of 7.3L/100Km.

The engine powers the vehicle under 2000RPMs before the electric motor kicks in delivering full torque before an on-board ecu bleeds power and torque from the electric motor to simulate a high torque Turbocharged engine. Rumored to be in the 30000-40000 Family car bracket.

DSD RACING

DSD Racing is essentially a company within a company. Made up of a team of DSD employee’s and DSD enthusiasts, DSDR specializes in preparing the race ready variants of the DSD range as well as providing factory upgrades and modifying vehicles from DSD’s other Partners and Associates.
DSDR funds its racing endeavors by occasionally releasing a DSDR version of an existing DSD vehicle or by partnering with other manufacturers. The vehicles produced by DSDR are always made in lots of 500 and are marketed at a 30% markup.

Maesima and DSD join Forces

When the Saratoga was revealed at the Green Hell festival other manufacturers were invited to attend from around the globe. One of the attendee’s was Maesima. Maesima was approached by DSD about a possible Maesima/DSD branded vehicle and to Darkshines surprise not only were Maesima happy to start work they gifted DSD a fully Restored NRZ-966 as a way to start the friendship.
DSDR was given the task to create 500 special edition MRZ-3’s. The original brief was to add some DSD flavor and a inline 6 300hp engine…
Well the enthusiasts at DSDR had another plan, the only inline 6 in production was the low compression Military 6 used in the SFRAV and it was simply too large to fit, the next option was a new 2valve large bore engine which was actually used in the prototype sent back to Maesima and designated the title of MRZ-363 ( MRZ-3, 6 cylinder, 300hp ). However with DSD not coming to the party to manufacture an engine that would only suit 500 vehicles another option had to be found. The 555 v8 was cheap, made alot of power and DSD was making them by the thousands so the 6 idea was thrown in the bin and a 400Hp 5.5L v8 originally meant for lower end Saratoga was supplied and fitted to a 6sp manual gearbox before the new car was named MRZ-384.
However the largest change was removing the roof and fitting a soft top and roll bars. This would be the only way you could purchase a factory convertible MRZ-3 and the chassis was also beefed up to handle the new configuration with the original suspension thrown away a DSD double wishbone/multilink Hydropneumatic setup was now used and the front grill and taillights were changed to better suit the DSD brand name. Brakes were also changed to larger discs and calipers and the DSD wind tunnel saw extensive use in the body-kit development with active wings installed. The interior was upgraded to a Sports style setup with the famous Red deer leather DSD is well known for and launch control is also fitted.
The cars were no slouches with 0-100 in just 4.7sec whilst using less than 10L/100km.

10 Likes

#The companies of Arzami, despite being now independent, will all display their cars together, says ADV President about the Detroit Show, “As it shows we still have a bond and union, despite separating, and even rivaling eachother.”

4 Likes

#A little teaser from Baltazar Automóveis.

10 Likes

Also at the Vanguard Stand will be a new variant of the Fleet Karinette, the Ka51d, a 5.1l V8 diesel with 373 proper British horsepower and more chrome than a 1940s Buick, only this time it will be tasteful.

Model shown is the Ka40i

Macus Dylan Vanguard (fictional character)
Founder & CEO Vaunguard Automotive & Vanguard Mobile Communications
CEO Picasso, Valencia, Shimatsu & Fleet Automotive.

4 Likes

The first ever appearance at an Auto Show by Puttzalong, 2017 Detroit brings you the all-new Venice.

• Choice of Two 4.7Lt V8’s with 250 or 270KW
  • Or two turbo straight sixes (a 3.2Lt with 170KW and 370NM [ALL of which is available from 1800-3500rpm] or 2.7Lt 230KW) — 3.2Lt requires 95 Octane

Packed with high-end technology including:

• 4 Piston front discs
  • DOHC 4 valve/cyl (all engines) and Direct Injection
  • Advanced safety systems

With a 50.5F/49.5R weight distribution and 16.77L/100KM (270KW), and 19" wheels (245/40x19), (the V8 Sport is sure to appeal to, well… YOU.
Prices starting as low as 21240AMU.

5 Likes

Well, shit. You just built a ricer Monaro :joy:

3 Likes

Storm Automotive has brought along the 2017 Storm Shadow, but only one trim of it.

However, it is at least an interesting variant. It packs a 9 speed automatic, 458 horsepower, goes over 180 mph, and… It does all that without a single drop of fuel.

Yes, this is the Electric Shadow, in Arc Blue.

Still shares all the stock aero parts of the Shadow, just with a different rear bumper containing cooling vents for the 370 volt lithium-ion battery pack and charging system.

It is designed to be a luxury car, and expected price is $102,500, priced to be competitive with the rest of the Shadow lineup.

Luke will also be there to sign autographs and provide information about Storm Automotive’s lineup.

4 Likes

Just a reminder that the show hasn’t actually started yet, if you want to qualify for the Best Display vote at the end of the show you’ll have to post between Jan 8th and Jan 22nd.

3 Likes

How convenient that I’ll return from vacation on the 8th. Expect daily doses of german.

5 Likes

Not a problem. Just showing a teaser of one of the cars that will be there. Though the others will be old classics, and maybe an old concept car from the 70’s. First of our I4’s to break the 300 horsepower barrier, though far from useful power.

1 Like

Mott Works Automotive is rumored to be reviving 3 cars from early on in their history.

1 Like