Automation Detroit Auto Show 2017 [BEST IN SHOW REVEALED]

Right on schedule, the rumble of two big inline four engines could be heard as two vehicles quickly arrived.

“That would be Roger in the Serenity, all the way from Alaska. Give it credit, our hybrid minivan is tough, isn’t it? That isn’t a short trip, and he had to chase me down the highway.” Susan yelled to the crowd as the dark green minivan settled into the parking spot Luke had set aside for it.

Mere minutes later, another van showed up, leaping over the speed bump and screeching into the parking spot next to the Serenity.

“I almost had you, Roger!”

“Almost, but not quite, Linda. Quite the battle of the vans, though. Also shows that the modifications to the Serenity platform works for a cargo van.”

“Yeah, but it kicks like a mule if you hit a bump with no weight on that solid axle.”

Luke waved to the crowd, then said, “We listened to our customers. The need for a revitalization of our minivan led directly to the third generation Serenity. We also haven’t had a proper cargo van since 1988, with our Courier. So… We created both. The third generation Serenity shares a lot of parts with the Serenity Courier, though obviously can’t quite share everything. The underside of these vans, is different. The Serenity is an independant rear suspension design, but the Courier uses a solid rear axle for weight handling. We also know that while it won’t replace a truck for hauling lots of heavy stuff, it will handle a 4 by 8 foot sheet of plywood quite nicely. Now, the Courier only comes with two seats as standard, but we will be offering passenger versions of the Courier. Our intended plans are to have 5, 7, and 9 seat versions for sure. We’ll have to experiment and see if 11 seats is a viable option, or if that would be pushing the boundaries of ridiculous.”

5 Likes

Because everyone else seems to be playing their music out loud obnoxiously, here are some of Assoluto’s recommended listening to get folks in the mood as they drool over cars they can never afford. Each car getting their own set of themes too!

Fatalita

Crinale

Ghepardo

5 Likes

Maesima and DSD join Forces

When the Saratoga was revealed at the Green Hell festival other manufacturers were invited to attend from around the globe. One of the attendee’s was Maesima. Maesima was approached by DSD about a possible Maesima/DSD branded vehicle and to Darkshines surprise not only were Maesima happy to start work they gifted DSD a fully Restored NRZ-966 as a way to start the friendship.
DSDR was given the task to create 500 special edition MRZ-3’s. The original brief was to add some DSD flavor and a inline 6 300hp engine…
Well the enthusiasts at DSDR had another plan, the only inline 6 in production was the low compression Military 6 used in the SFRAV and it was simply too large to fit, the next option was a new 2valve large bore engine which was actually used in the prototype sent back to Maesima and designated the title of MRZ-363 ( MRZ-3, 6 cylinder, 300hp ). However with DSD not coming to the party to manufacture an engine that would only suit 500 vehicles another option had to be found. The 555 v8 was cheap, made alot of power and DSD was making them by the thousands so the 6 idea was thrown in the bin and a 400Hp 5.5L v8 originally meant for lower end Saratoga was supplied and fitted to a 6sp manual gearbox before the new car was named MRZ-384.
However the largest change was removing the roof and fitting a soft top and roll bars. This would be the only way you could purchase a factory convertible MRZ-3 and the chassis was also beefed up to handle the new configuration with the original suspension thrown away a DSD double wishbone/multilink Hydropneumatic setup was now used and the front grill and taillights were changed to better suit the DSD brand name. Brakes were also changed to larger discs and calipers and the DSD wind tunnel saw extensive use in the body-kit development with active wings installed. The interior was upgraded to a Sports style setup with the famous Red deer leather DSD is well known for and launch control is also fitted.
The cars were no slouches with 0-100 in just 4.7sec whilst using less than 10L/100km.

P1

juliusgraham5485 - Maesima MRZ-384 DSD.zip
(51.3 KB)

9 Likes

##Assoluto Classic Showcar

A nearby wealthy client and long time Assoluto aficionado has agreed to lend us a pristine and well maintained 1988 Assoluto Crinale, the original Crinale that set the path for the world’s greatest hypercar line.

(Details and specs will soon be posted on the Assoluto official thread)

9 Likes

Did AMCC really leave that much of an impression in its two weeks of activity?

#Canada Motors

After much delay, Canada Motors finally got the two show cars to Detroit. To think one of the trucks tried to follow a GPS “shortcut” and got the truck (and car) stuck in the forest. Anyways, on with the show…

There are no new Canada Motors models to unveil, but as has been previously announced, the Toronto model is being replaced the new Toronto brand. The Toronto brand will have a small lineup of prestigious premium and luxury vehicles. We have with us the first model that will be available late this winter…

###The 2017 Toronto 519

Seen here in the range-topping LX trim, the 519 is an all-new midsize premium car for the discerning buyer. It makes use of the tried and true Canada Motors All-Wheel-Drive in order to conquer all weather conditions. It will be made available with a variety of V6 and V8 engines. That is all the information we will leave you with at the moment.

Our next car is the one that got lost, and as a pre-production model, we couldn’t simply just bring a new one. Introducing…

###The 2018 Toronto 905

The 905, shown here in LX V8 trim, is the true replacement to the outgoing Toronto model and so you can expect a top of the line luxury experience. Along with the 5.8L V8, we will be reintroducing the V12 to the line for a true blend of comfort and performance. More information will become available over the next few months.

(Andrew Westcott, head of the new Toronto division, will be available for interviews until the show closes.)

10 Likes

Looks like the 2019 AMCC Comet has a competitor…

Lol F40

What gave you that funny idea?

I remember absolutley loving @PublicHair’s designs. I’ve gone to that thread for inspiration whenever I’ve built a 90s car since to be honest. How did you end up displaying his work?

1 Like

If the whole Assoluto range existed in real life, and I had enough money to spare, I would buy any of their cars - but if I had to pick just one, it would be the Fatalita - it really is the end of an era, with its normally-aspirated engine standing out in a sea of small-capacity turbos.

Lol guess

He is I, or was more accurately. Did you not notice my absence from the forums when he burst onto the scene and disappeared when I came back? @PublicHair is dead, but I plan to revive the character of Maxi Poutinev and his legacy shall be continued in a new thread of mine.

1 Like

Oh. OHHHHHH

the conspiracy makes sense now

To me it looks more like a Lamborghini Countach or even slightly like a Porsche 959 with the wing.
I can’t really see the Ferrari F50 resemblance :confused:

1 Like

Man, I love this MRZ-384 design.

And all Assoluto designs too, what a beautiful brand.

What the heck? Wait, show me, who said it looks like an F50? :joy: It literally uses the F40 body and looks nearly identical to it too

River Automotive Stand

The Ceo iscurrently standing on the stage talking to the audience

Welcome to our stand once again dear visitors i hope you managed to get a good seat or hopefully a good viewing point on the stage, today we will be presenting our concept or been rather has been nicknamed speeder concept.
But without further ado, lets us present it to you.

[The lights around the stage were turned off surrounding the stage in darkness, after a few seconds a video was projected on a white screen in the back of the stage, the video appear to have been shot on a track but only seeming show a road surrounded by nature only wind and some wildlife could be heard before a certain noise engine came closer to camera location, a grey car could be spotted in the distant closing in ridiculous speed in a matter of seconds the car passed the camera knocking it to the ground in the progress, after that some quick montage of videos showing the car off different perspectives.]
[In last scene the car came to halt facing the camera it started the rev the audio seemed much louder then before it then suddenly launched in the direction of the camera, just as the camera was about to be hit the screen went black suddenly the car bursts trough the screen leaving a hole behind as it came to full stop on the middle of stage a few spotlights were pointed at the car as the passenger door opened and the lead engineer of the river automotive sport section Mike Seier stepped out of it.]

Hello Detroit Auto Show i’m Mike seier the lead engineer of the speeder concept, i hope you liked our little introduction video of the speeder let us not waste too much time and let me tell you about the car.

Let me tell you first this car wasn’t easy to build we have worked continuously on this car for the past two and half years, the speeder is built up on a full carbon fiber chassis with a mid longitudinal engine setup, the suspension consist of a pushrod in the front and a double wishbone in the rear.

The engine is a 6.6 Liter Twin Turbo charged V12 the block is made of magnesium & the head is made of ALSI it has both vvl+vvtit produces 910hp@7500Rpm and 1205Nm@3500Rpm redline is @7700Rpm.

The power is handled with an awd system in a 27F/73R setup coupled with a 6 gear sequential double clutch Electric LSD differential, the wheels are special sports compound road mixture a 195mm in the front & 235mm in the back with 17"Carbon fiber Rims behind them are 300mm carbon ceramic brakes stopping the car from 100-0 in 28.40m.

In the interior is kept simply and sporty it has two recaro sport seats and no radio to keep the weight down, in the center of dash you find the start and the drive select switch with two different modes the first mode is normal it reduces power to 750hp and 850Nm since the full power is not not needed every time, but once need the power just switch the car to sport and it releases its full potential.

Well i don’t think there much else i can tell you about the car, we don’t know yet if the car goes into production since we are not sure if we should do it on our own or if we should collaborate with another manufacturer. But if you ask me if the car would now go into production, i think we limit it to 150-200 units and it would cost around 250.000$ - 300.00$.

if there is more question about the car or about other models you can ask me, we gladly invite you the visitors onto the stage and take a closer look at the speeder and take a seat in it.

3 Likes

No, it looks like a 959 with some slight F50 or W8 feel to the design.
Funny thing is the guy who designed the 959 (Marcello Gandini) also designed the F50 and W8, who would’ve thought that? :smirk:

https://www.graypaulclassiccars.com/media/3208/img_3997.jpg

where do you see F50 in either of these?

3 Likes