Automation Handling Stats vs BeamNG

Hello,
I have noticed the following problem with several cars/car bodies.

It seems to me, that the ingame handling stats do in no way reflect the car handling in BeamNG.
For example: A car which has, according to the Automation stats, strong oversteer, does in BeamNG understeers like a FWD Lorry, sometimes even to an undrivable degree. Same the other way around. Automation stats show understeer, car spins in every corner in BeamNG.

So far I have only encountered this problem with certain car bodies. Others result in a perfect handling when exporting to BeamNG.
On these specific bodies I don´t even recoginze any changes in Handling behaviour while playing BeamNG after changing suspension and wheel stats in Automation.

Anyone else noticing such a thing?

Are you looking at the right graph? Because Automation has low speed and high speed handling graphs. And I found them to be quite accurate. Keep in mind that high speed understeer and low speed tendency oversteer on throttle is probably the most common for relatively well-tuned RWD cars.

There are a load of factors at play, and without more detail its hard to narrow down exactly what is happening, but here are some common ones:

The most common thing to note is the Automation handling data is only for neutral state, IE no throttle or brakes applied, and is given at a fixed 20m (slow) and 200m (fast) circle of flat ground. If you have light throttle application, the handling will be very different, in ways that depend on which axle is being driven. Also keep in mind oversteer is if the yellow line is over the red at your current speed… anything else is under-steer, and most cars should understeer without throttle almost at any speed.

Secondly Aerodynamics in beam and automation are completely different systems… wing placement\size makes no difference in automation, only number and if for or aft of the center… in beam it changes how you will handle. Thus its possible to make a car handle one way in automation, and the inverse in beam by where your wings\lips\spoilers are.

Thirdly diffs, the non-open types work a little differently in BeamNG than automation, most noteably auto-lockers are translated to manual lockers, and provide no on street grip advantage at all unless your happy to run in locked position as a spool (with all the funky handling that causes).

Forth Drive layouts, for AWD the torque split isn’t (or at least wasn’t) carried over correctly, instead always acting as 50-50 unless set to put all power to one axle, leading to very different under\oversteer preferences than you expected. For 4x4 the default in BeamNG is locked… it should be used in open on the road, and only locked offroad.