AUTOMATION PRO LEAGUE 3rd Round: 1955 NASCAR Closed due to lack of interest

Please be rally!

Uhh I like the style how this is done and presented! Good job!
I’ll take the “Best Inline 3” AKA Novelty Award, along with the May’s Choice Award :smile:

Congrats Ornate and one85db!

And yes, I’d be up for a rally challenge. Maybe something that makes chunky off-road tyres mandatory? I see that one being an interesting rule.

3 Likes

Excellent first round, really like the format of the competition so far. Well done to @one85db :smiley:

1 Like

Also, can we do the rounds faster? I almost forgot I was in this round

i will take not awful.

Welp, sounds about right.

1 Like

Maybe, but the quality of the text and pics will drop, also I couldn’t probably do the pics on time because of my situation… of life :smiley:

Strongly against of the idea of doing this any faster.

3 Likes

I think it should keep the pace, quality over quantity.

3 Likes

I don’t remember if you’ve ever run a challenge of this caliber, but it’s not exactly point-and-shoot. I’ll admit that I could have done the write-ups sooner, but I planned my life around doing them when I did.

Some of us do more than play games on our computers all day. Combing through 20 cars is a business day’s worth of writing. This was about a 4 hour stint straight through.

If @Darkshine5 sets a tighter deadline, I’ll do my best to meet it. If it’s too much to balance with my studies, I’ll step down. The community can decide what’s best.

8 Likes

I understand it’s quite hard to get all the photos and write-ups done when 20 people enter but, I’d like to offer my services and whatever is required to help with this competition

2 Likes

The challenge will not be shortened. if we bring more people into the result writing it will actually slow down the comp (as we are not all from the same time zone there is a few hrs between correspondence) What I will say is that we have up to 2 weeks to write results etc, this is only thier due to RL commitments, if the results get finished before the deadline I will release them early however the 2 weeks is to allow for a higher quality of Photoshop and reviews taking our busy lifestyles into account…sorry i would love to have a 2 week total turnaround but it just wont happen unless we gave up the pictures and reviews

3 Likes

OK, here are the rules for round 2, subject to change by @Darkshine5 etc.

2016 Rally Championship

Using the above body (3dr only) in 2016 your mission is to build a championship winning rallycar within the following limitations…

Engine capacity: 1600cc max, 52Kw (± 20%) Average Kw (1 to 5K rpm)
Drivetrain: AWD, E-Diff, 7spd DSG
Tyres: 225/40R18’s w/ chunky offroad tyres
Body: Max flare on guards w/ tyres at outer edges of wheel well, 2 lips and 1 wing
Driveability: 50+
Sportiness: 40+
Reliability ER/OR: 50+/65+
Safety: None
Price: 22k (+0%)

Hope this provides a challenge as well as being fun, good luck!!!

4 Likes

Wait hold on, 52 Kw max or did I read that wrong.

Correct me if I’m wrong, I think it says 52kW (±20%) average between 1000 and 5000 rpm

You read that wrong!

Ram read it right, unless Darkshine5 meant it to be a minimum value then that rule will change to:

I hope that helps!

Ok so the average power is only a scoring thing. It is not required in the rules. It is there to punish turbo cars with massive lag and na cars with massive rpms. So an average of 52ish or more kw thru out 1000-5000rpms. Il write rules in a few hrs i am still working

2 Likes

Oh. That makes more sense, it’s another criterion, and not really a rule.

1 Like

ok so some new for the next round

first we have a new track Mt Stanley Raceway which is my own little something something made by Ram this will be replacing airfield.
http://discourse.automationgame.com//automationdiscourseuploads2.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/4X/4/9/5/495ece16f98ba5543033823638f61e8c9b25d213.zip
I will have new round rules posted with some small changes to run smooth

4 Likes

DSG? You mean automatic?

No.

A direct-shift gearbox (German: Direkt-Schalt-Getriebe), commonly abbreviated to DSG, is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Dual-clutch sequential gearbox.