AUTOMATION PRO LEAGUE 3rd Round: 1955 NASCAR Closed due to lack of interest

Huh, @gridghost and @JohnWaldock didn’t send entries?

1 Like

I’ll present mine tomorrow, I hope

Edit:
Actually I’ve found a actual project that fits the challenge.

It is at the engine or at the car?

My post said i thought about it… but I’ll send the Cirrus in later today :wink:

total emissions

1 Like

Only 2 days? I need to hurry up. Activating “winning car-designing mode”.

I can’t decide between a 2.0L N/A and a 1.3L Turbo, the turbo is faster and have a little better emission and consume, but the N/A gives great drivability…

I chose 2L NA for two reasons.

1. Bigger engine, bigger d*ck
  2. I’m a lot better at optimizing an NA engine.
    Just take the 2L, it makes you bigger.
2 Likes

I like boosht, so i went with the smaller turbo… and i like to think that i’m better at omtimizing turbos than NAs

And the turbo is faster… And with the right tuning you can get great driveability too.

The turbo makes my car almost 1s faster at Airfield… Man, that’s a hard choice!

Presenting the entrant from Erin into this first round:

The ErinSport Tauga Super Touring race platform has been customised to meet the requirements for this first round, utilizing a race tuned version of our Pureron 2.4l i4 (reduced to 1998cc) to provide plenty of power and superb efficiency. Simple, no-nonsense, non-active suspension and transmission make this a real old school racer, also offering plenty of room for customization and tuning. The car is just as reliable as its road-going counterparts and just as efficient too, yet it’ll keep up with the Tauga X 3.3 in the right hands.

12 Likes

Here’s my EADC entry to this round:

The EADC Verona JRT (Japanese-Racing-Team). A modified version of the JRT Verona (which in it’s self is a modified car), runs on the Nadier-Schoefield Sparrowhawk i6 2.1L VTAC-S JRT (modifed to 1997cc). The JRT modifications strip the car of any ‘unnecessary’ additions, and instead focuses on performance. Although front wheel drive, the Verona JRT is a pure, thoroughbred track car, and would be perfectly road-legal (if not for the modifications made to optimise it to the challenge).

6 Likes

Presenting the 2016 Bogliq Nano APL edition!!!

The stats speak for themselves, Leeroy Racing has outdone themselves with this latest race effort!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

5 Likes

223 kW
4.9 l/100km
7:37 on Green Hell
I’m so much screwed.

Ok, so before I call it quits I have one question though - isn’t far above the 20k$ limit?

My car is just under the 20K limit :grin:

Are you in stable or open beta? Because my car with 158 PU (vs 251 in yours) and 10800$ material cost (vs 12500$) is over the limit…

I’m on the Open Beta build so that may be where the discrepancies lie…

So now that’s incredibly weird, as I’m in open beta too…

Do you want my file to verify that everything’s kosher? :innocent:

I’ll update my OP with the export! :grin:

No need for that really, as it seems that the final cost isn’t as simply related to PU and material cost as one might think…

OK then, I’ll post the file should @Darkshine5 need/ want me to as I’ve got nothing to hide (except my CSR28 entrant! :laughing: Yup, I shared a platform between this comp and the CSR… :persevere:)